Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mung Blue! Revisited.

Works petty damn well!

Heh, selling my S5 IS, but I think it's a bit much for an in-car video camera.

So nothing much new except for I tossed the holley blue pump and put in a red pump. Much quieter and more consistent. I've been having issues with the alternator connector coming off after each run at autocross. I'll work it out eventually.

On a side note, after watching the local awd turbo rabbit at our autocross events I am beginning to think that I won't be satisfied until I turbo this beast. In the meantime here are two videos of the same run. Funny how angles can make it look faster or slower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB30jLNKArU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHHMtWj9qeE

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape

Boost it !! And mine while you're at it .

that thing sounds great

1991 Tercel 4A-GEsmallport RIP 09/02/2011 - - 1993 Supra.
    05 IS300 Daily

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    holy rear view mirrior batman ,

where do i get one?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoQuinn View Post
    240sx, the "I give up"

The streets of Awesometown will never be safe again! You have to get through two sets of blast doors to get to this cars hideout!
    Last edited by Cbergerud; 04-20-2010 at 11:34 PM.

1970 KE17 Project
    1969 KE10 Slider

I like your air lock to your garage.
    Bryan
    DK Moderator

Thats pretty cool.
    Your shop space is crazy, double super secure eh?
    So is the starlet getting parked for the summer?
    Or have you found ample non fliping parking for all the cars?
    When does the starlet go under the knife? huh? huh?

I'm hoping to see a mid-engine starlet with a full N2 kit, massive quarter window vents to rear mounted intercoolers, and a transmission peaking out under the rear bumper.

1970 KE17 Project
    1969 KE10 Slider

Its alive!!! The more i see 70's corollas the more i want to get serious with the browm car. I just dont have the time for another project haha.
    Im flame broiling in my pants

Lol, wow way more response than I thought that vid deserved.

I have convinced my brother-in-law to try and make me an epic car video before he heads out to Toronto to help make one of his scripts into a short film. If you see two guys who look like a pale Laurel and an asian Hardy at the track with cameras, then that is what they are doing.

Starlet??? I was just debating with myself outloud while Brett was in the car. The starlet has developed an internally caused mechanical misfire, a hard misfire. I am totally on the fence about whether I should start it due to lack of space and funds. It seems like I can't get the time to do enough paying sidejobs right now.

N2 kit FTMFW! Just like an R5 turbo.

-bangnscrape

i love the intensity of that video!

Quote Originally Posted by pitobread View Post
    I saw this guy eat a whole bag of Jalape?o cheezits in one sitting. After that moment I would trust him with my life.
    1982 Toyota Hilux Pickup- Daily
    1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon- Track car

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    Lol, wow way more response than I thought that vid deserved.

I have convinced my brother-in-law to try and make me an epic car video before he heads out to Toronto to help make one of his scripts into a short film. If you see two guys who look like a pale Laurel and an asian Hardy at the track with cameras, then that is what they are doing.

Starlet??? I was just debating with myself outloud while Brett was in the car. The starlet has developed an internally caused mechanical misfire, a hard misfire. I am totally on the fence about whether I should start it due to lack of space and funds. It seems like I can't get the time to do enough paying sidejobs right now.

N2 kit FTMFW! Just like an R5 turbo.
    I have free 3k parts! Take anything you want! The 3k from the green sprinter sounded tight but suddenly started burning tons of oil when I drove it home but with no change in performance, dunno why, stuck rings or something. If you burnt a valve or something I think you can put a 3k head on a 4k block, if the 4k has flat top pistons. Some of the 4ks have dished pistons, so you would end up with poor compression. Just throwin it out there!

1970 KE17 Project
    1969 KE10 Slider

Quote Originally Posted by Cbergerud View Post
    I have free 3k parts! Take anything you want! The 3k from the green sprinter sounded tight but suddenly started burning tons of oil when I drove it home but with no change in performance, dunno why, stuck rings or something. If you burnt a valve or something I think you can put a 3k head on a 4k block, if the 4k has flat top pistons. Some of the 4ks have dished pistons, so you would end up with poor compression. Just throwin it out there!
    lol you shoulda heard him at the meet.. we were all eggin him on hard to start building the starlet and what route he should take to do said build .. "oh yeah, totally fit the 3S first and THEN do the cage etc.. " ..

Poor car definately needs some love though.. stalled once and tried to stall some more on the way back from the shop after droppin off Mung..

Cmon Chris.. for now at least a quick rebuild, port n polish on Coreys 3k head .. maybe you'll have 54hp instead of 45!

Brett
    '87 AE86 - GTSR5 - Daily Driver
    '72 RA21 Celica - 'Ill build it one day'
    '73 RN27 Hilux - Restomod in progress
    '80 MX32 Cressida - Next in the project queue
    '91 SV25 Camry All-Trac - Winter DD

Is it cool to reuse headgaskets these days? There... starlet fixed for free :P

1970 KE17 Project
    1969 KE10 Slider

did you make that vid mr. ray?

Quote Originally Posted by do-boy View Post
    did you make that vid mr. ray?
    Yes, good old windows moviemaker.

-bangnscrape

So I thought I'd post this vid. I have enough parts to start mocking up boosted goodness so this thread is finally going to get interesting again.

And coming soon, very soon, the chiclet thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFymCltLowI

-bangnscrape

BOOST!

Yes, I have decided it is time to start building a well deserved turbo 3tc for the mung. I have way outgrown the wee bit of power the corolla has and yet it remains competitive in SM.

Job 1 is setting up the intake for efi.

So I started by getting a spare 3tc head cleaned up. By now everyone must be painfully familiar with the 3tc intake flange.

Then I received a 2TGEU efi intake complete from New Zealand. Big thanks to Mike and Cory down there on the North Island (best island obviously).

Now it should be pretty obvious that the 2tgeu intake flange does not match. Enter some oldschool tech I learned before the long long ago when adapting carbs.

Carlos (tpr motorsports) made a custom 3tc flange for me cut with the 3tc stud holes and ports. The 2tgeu port spacing is identical so the flange Carlos made just needed to have the stud holes countersunk and then holes drilled and tapped for the 2tgeu bolt pattern.

As you can see the studs on the bottom outers were very tricky to get right. It required just a little bit of filing of the manifold holes.

Then the manifold is installed and checked for anything amiss.

Just need to mill the surfaces now and it should be good.

Mmmmmm......stainless.

-bangnscrape