Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: unveiling the AMT-Rex

narfy is offline gigidy gigidy... ooo right!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda86 View Post
    Looks crazy, I gotta take it for a spin. Nice work Adam!
    he LIVES!!!!!!
    VZN185 - 32" BFG AT, OME suspension, ARB bumper, lightforce lights, TRD trans cooler, TRD exhaust, AMT sliders, budbuilt plates...
    ZN6 - stock with HIDs and LEDs...
    fng@regencyauto.com

I'll be in Vancouver tomorrow for 10 days visiting friends and would love to come see this thing in real life. Would that be possible?

no problem , come by the shop. 8-4 mon-fri call before you stop by to be sure im there 604-251-3301

wow, looks super cool Adam! I'd be curious to see (hint: drive) this too.
    For Sale $7800 OBO

holy **** castro how you been man

Quote Originally Posted by Castro View Post
    wow, looks super cool Adam! I'd be curious to see (hint: drive) this too.
    good thing you got your bike license . adam, post a vid of a burnout already!

this would be the only time a that a one wheel tire fire in a car is a good thing

Adam, you going to bring this thing out to the meet being planned for the 27th?

Quote Originally Posted by emag_dnim13 View Post
    holy **** castro how you been man
    good good, just riding my bike soo much. I've put 16k kms on it since last year already. Done some roads trips and will probably take it to the track next season. I keep staring at my car wondering if I should sell it or just keep it for a while. Can't decide!

Adam, be warned: if you get your bike license and actually ride a motorbike, you WILL get addicted like I have. It's soo much fun, and they're not as dangerous as you might think. It's 95% rider and 5% random bad luck (as far as accidents are concerned).

Let me know if you need any info on getting your license or if you need someone to ride with to get experience. BTW are you taking your MST and final test with the 3 wheel?
    For Sale $7800 OBO

yea im wondering the same. because if you do, im pretty sure you'd be restricted to tri-bikes. damn cory, you make me hurt. i had monies saved for my bike course this summer, but switched jobs which meant lack of moneys for now and not being able to get time off. scooters jsut dont cut it hahaha

was just looking at these pics again and I was thinking what's next?

Then it came to me: tube frame AMT race car!
    For Sale $7800 OBO

well no surprise here . i got pulled over. the cop questioned the safety of the vehicle even though icbc approved it and it passed inspection. he wants me to get it re inspected at a facility that he chooses (carter honda) so right now its off the road till the re inspection. **** what a pain in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by adamturbo View Post
    well no surprise here . i got pulled over. the cop questioned the safety of the vehicle even though icbc approved it and it passed inspection. he wants me to get it re inspected at a facility that he chooses (carter honda) so right now its off the road till the re inspection. **** what a pain in the butt.
    **** that sucks!
    Mathew Morrison | Project Thread |

Quote Originally Posted by adamturbo View Post
    gotta love jackass cops who think they know everything

steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Groenink View Post
    gotta love jackass cops who think they know everything

steve
    Wow, that's major asshole-ness. I'm sure it'll pass again anyways. You should tell the cop to pay for the inspection if he chose the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Shooter View Post
    Sometimes I let my catnip hang out of my fly. They always go for it.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

White AE86 -1987 - My Daily
    Phase I
    Exterior - Mostly Complete 90%?
    Interior - Cleaned up and together.
    Engine - Drives well, needs power though..

i wouldve demanded to speak to his supervisor, thats fully registered. also put in a formal complaint, if they get enough they get passed over for promotions/raises.

That thing looks like a blast. You should have told the cop you pay his salary. I hear that goes over well.

inspection? what inspection? sorry sir but my butt is fine...touch it. i dare you.(_|_)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age
    "The Miata will get some compliments along with some ?hairdresser? comments and odd looks from the average public, enthusiasts are never really sure if you are a stance guy, a drifter, or a homosexual"
    BUILD THREAD!!!
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...-pics-page-5!*

updates

so looks like the guidllines for the inspection will be ready at the end of january. so early febuary this project will be fully road legal. I got a "For my eyes only" copy of the guidlines so over the winter i have been doing changes and adding parts to meet the requirements.

additions, Catalytic converters, mechanical e brake, self cancelling signals, and a bunch of lighting changes.

also i got 3 bathroom scales so i could corner weigh the vehicle . my guess before i started was 800Lbs. well i was off a bit. total vehicle weight with a 3/4 full tank of gas is 730Lbs. WOW. 200lbs at each front wheel and 330 at the rear. thats only 331 Kg. The center of gravity is directly under the seat wich is as close to perfect 50/50 weight distribution.

its 300 lbs heavier than the motorbike the engine came from.

now if i can pump the motor to 75 hp that will give me equale power to weight ratio as my corolla. better carbaration should do the trick as the exhaust and engine have been worked over.

Dude, that is just awesome. Sucks about the cats and extra electrical crap though.

Really glad you are going to get this fully through the system.

As you're turbo corolla you mean, would suck to end up with the power to weight ratio of a stock AE86 lol.

Thats wicked Adam, can't wait to see this thing. We'll have to find an excuse to do another meet when this thing is back on the road.