Thread: MODRIDE warning

MODRIDE warning

For anyone not familiar with this MODRIDE company out of California, I am making a public campaign to warn everyone to avoid any dealings with these scoundrels. Their site shows lots of pretty carbon fiber parts, and they are glad to take your money, but it is unlikely that you will get your parts, or if you do, you will find them to be the worst finished carbon fiber parts available anywhere. I have read on other forums of people who have had bad dealings with them as well, so you don't just have to take my word for it.

is the website modride.com?
    I am your 4ajesus

Ive had to deal with these guys as well. They look like they make some great products, and when i got my lip it fit great. But the chances of you actually ever getting the stuff is rare. I ended up finally sending a lengthy email pretty much stating i had all the info that i needed, and i was to fly down there, and pursuit legal action. The email worked and i got the stuff sent out to me finnally, but i will never deal with them again.

http://www.bestfreeforums.com/forums...forum=dorikaze

http://shift-lock.netfirms.com/modst...cPath=21_23_39

----------
    1985 Toyota Corolla GTS 1uzfe 6 speed
    1985 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ60.
    1997 Lexus LX450.

Quote Originally Posted by TTC View Post
    is the website modride.com?

Actually the site is modiride.com

used to be modifiedinc.com until they got too bad of a rep and then changed their name to modiride.com. had to call and threaten to drive down there and personally get my refund from chris before he sent it out lol

steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL

Thank you I've been trying to make them over on 4AG realize this, but morons dr.occa keep buying from this guy, seems he dosen't pee in his backyard but if your more then 1000miles away, it's a crap shoot as to what when and if you get a part.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastaracer View Post
    For anyone not familiar with this MODRIDE company out of California, I am making a public campaign to warn everyone to avoid any dealings with these scoundrels. Their site shows lots of pretty carbon fiber parts, and they are glad to take your money, but it is unlikely that you will get your parts, or if you do, you will find them to be the worst finished carbon fiber parts available anywhere. I have read on other forums of people who have had bad dealings with them as well, so you don't just have to take my word for it.

^^Yes it seems the only people they bother trying to satisfy are those close enough to drive on over to his shop and fill all his molds with 9mm holes.

bought some fiberglass fenders and had them shipped to my door in 2 weeks - fitment wasn't the greatest...
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age
    "The Miata will get some compliments along with some ?hairdresser? comments and odd looks from the average public, enthusiasts are never really sure if you are a stance guy, a drifter, or a homosexual"
    BUILD THREAD!!!
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...-pics-page-5!*

damn I wanted to get a fibreglass coupe wing from them

the cf fenders i got off rasta fit awesome on the drivers side and like **** on the passanger side. i messured my car and its not bent either.
    simply pointing out stupid

That sucks, they offer a decent range of ****. they actually carry the copy of the trd coupe wing (frp), but it seems i won't get it even if i do order.
    Any reliable places i could source one that you guys know of? hopefully don't have to wait it out on ramuken or yahoo japan (probably my only option)

Quote Originally Posted by natemc View Post
    That sucks, they offer a decent range of ****. they actually carry the copy of the trd coupe wing (frp), but it seems i won't get it even if i do order.
    Any reliable places i could source one that you guys know of? hopefully don't have to wait it out on ramuken or yahoo japan (probably my only option)
    email simon at passracing (link in vendors area) very easy to deal with and the dmax product is excellent quality, a hell of a lot better than modified inc crap

Steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL

didn't know dmax carried it. definately will go through pass

didn't know dmax carried it. definately will go through pass

I have purchased some ae86 jb style body kits from him, but have never had them shipped. When picking up there was nothing wrong. As I recall, its a one man operation "chris" and he seems to always. eventually ship. eventually, i have heard of 6-8 month turn around times. he makes this stuff in his garage. If you live close enough to drive to him, its a fine option because when you get there if something wrong with anything he will make you a new one on the spot. I definitly recommend going with the Dmax action over modiride. unless you live near modiride to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Project_OMFG View Post
    I have purchased some ae86 jb style body kits from him, but have never had them shipped. When picking up there was nothing wrong. As I recall, its a one man operation "chris" and he seems to always. eventually ship. eventually, i have heard of 6-8 month turn around times. he makes this stuff in his garage. If you live close enough to drive to him, its a fine option because when you get there if something wrong with anything he will make you a new one on the spot. I definitly recommend going with the Dmax action over modiride. unless you live near modiride to pick it up.
    I can confirm this as true. When I was going through the bull**** of trying to get my zenki lip I ended up talking to a few people who told me the same thing. The dude knows that if he failed to provide a product or refund to a customer somebody would visit him and punch him in the face, I would.

----------
    1985 Toyota Corolla GTS 1uzfe 6 speed
    1985 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ60.
    1997 Lexus LX450.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    I can confirm this as true. When I was going through the bull**** of trying to get my zenki lip I ended up talking to a few people who told me the same thing. The dude knows that if he failed to provide a product or refund to a customer somebody would visit him and punch him in the face, I would.

I would actually PAY someone to punch him in the face for me. Like I've stated before, if you are close enough to go over to his shop and fill his molds will 9mm holes, he'll pay attention to you.