Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: Welding Sunburn?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver BC
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromedragon View Post
    Ghetto tanning bed, weld in the nude.
    I passed out at my buddies place one time and woke up in the morning to find him welding a bicycle in nuthing but silk boxers.
    red heart ones.
    wierd

    Corby Martin
    1986 Corolla GT-S 13b REW Silvia N2 Hot Mess -SUPER SOLD
    1986 4Runner SR5 Panda Tofu delivery special edition.-FOR SALE

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    I really am not so concerned about actual damage to the eyes from a cheap helmet, as other stuff, I just said it messed up as usual. I'm lucky to have 20/20 when my dad and brother are both blind in one eye, meanwhile I've had a few major injuries to my eyes and got off very lucky to still have perfect vision.

    The main problems I had with the helmet were:
    -Inconsistent usage, switching on for no reason, and switching off for no reason (Tilting my head forward, or sideways would make it switch and I could not see anything. So between switching by itself, and getting blinded once I started to weld. I could not see anything)
    -Taking too long to switch, as I could not see anything for the first few seconds after starting
    -The super damn hard plastic that holds it on your head. I had foam, and a ripped up t-shirt tapped over it and it still hurt my head no matter what I tried.

    Having an issue wearing it, and an issue with use, turns into a pretty major problem. Personally if I am not comfortable, I have a tough time laying down a consistent bead.

    The Sperian helmet I have is so comfortable I could wear it for hours with no problem, and I have never once had a single issue with switching, or having trouble to see when initially starting to weld. Or had to touch any adjustment to have it work perfect.

    If I never had a problem with the $50 PA jobber I would have kept it for sure! I had a problem with it, I tried more then 1, I tried my brothers, same thing. Personally I could not see for a few seconds after it switched, that alone is enough to make it annoying enough to not use for me.

    Although I do find it very, very funny that people say it is basically the same guts.
    Has anyone that does not mind the PA helmet tried anything better, or are you just convincing yourself it is good enough?
    I'd find it hard to believe all of you would not like a better helmet more, and I also find it hard to believe just how cheap some of you are. Specially anyone that sells welded parts, or welds for a living.

    a $65 helmet costs you $0.178cents per day for a year,
    and a $250 helmet costs you $0.684cents per day for a year.
    I agree you get what you pay for, however UV damages eyes and every legit helmet from the dirt cheap PA units to the helmets that cost upwards of 3 digits all protect your eyes from UV the same.

    In a realistic world no average person can buy the best of everything...why aren't people driving Lamborghini's instead of a Corolla's? Or have a million dollar house instead of renting? Or eating caviar and steak for lunch instead of PB&J? Because no average person on this earth can afford to buy the best of everything. When sitting at a workbench laying a simple bead, the PA unit will protect your eyes the same as a brand name helmet. Not saying the brand name helmet isn't worth it, they normally have better quality and more features, but once again why aren't we all eating caviar and steaks for lunch? I have both a PA unit and a Miller Optrel Satellite, my eyes are equally protected behind both helmets.
    ACE Engineering
    1990 Toyota Celica Alltrac (Daily driver)
    1982 Toyota Starlet (Turbocharged race car)

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mission, BC
    Posts
    3,455
    I was fine with a flip down helmut till I started welding up rust holes inside wheel wells on this car I'm working on. I like not losing track of where my tip is when I flip the hemut down too.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    I agree you get what you pay for, however UV damages eyes and every legit helmet from the dirt cheap PA units to the helmets that cost upwards of 3 digits all protect your eyes from UV the same.

    In a realistic world no average person can buy the best of everything...why aren't people driving Lamborghini's instead of a Corolla's? Or have a million dollar house instead of renting? Or eating caviar and steak for lunch instead of PB&J? Because no average person on this earth can afford to buy the best of everything. When sitting at a workbench laying a simple bead, the PA unit will protect your eyes the same as a brand name helmet. Not saying the brand name helmet isn't worth it, they normally have better quality and more features, but once again why aren't we all eating caviar and steaks for lunch? I have both a PA unit and a Miller Optrel Satellite, my eyes are equally protected behind both helmets.
    Man, its the internet, you can lie, like everyone else.

    Take beyond for example. lol
    I never actually said you will be hurt by the lower quality unit! I said I had trouble using it.

    I've had a really bad cleaning of my eye with brake cleaner, and a few holes from metal, and another chemical, also a bad impact injury that almost disconnected my retina from my eye. I'm just super cautious now, because I've seen, and heard abut some rather stupid accidents.
    Last edited by nusneak; 01-14-2009 at 06:09 PM.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    Man, its the internet, you can lie, like everyone else.
    Not surprised by your response.

    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    I never actually said you will be hurt by the lower quality unit! I said I had trouble using it.
    Guess I misread this statement about sub $100 helmets causing potential damage to vision...

    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    Personally, I consider my vision to be worth more then <$100. Actually, worth a lot more then <$100, lol
    Why did you settle on a Sperian helmet when you could be using a Hornell Speedglas 9002X welding helmet with an Adflo filter? http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.co...S-9002X/Detail

    Why would you cheap out with a Sperian helmet with your $100+ vision and breathing? Give me a break!
    ACE Engineering
    1990 Toyota Celica Alltrac (Daily driver)
    1982 Toyota Starlet (Turbocharged race car)

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barrie.. for now
    Posts
    240
    never be able to finish weld a cage with that thing on.. Thats one of the reasons i bought the Elite, the larger viewing area and smaller surround size lets me keep the mask down and crawl into the bowels of the cages.. Pretty much the only reasson i upgraded from my ESAB.. I tried that Uvex Optrel unit but for the extra ~$200 over the Elite your not gaining anything but a curvier helmet and WAY more expensive replacement lens covers and parts..


    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post

    Why did you settle on a Sperian helmet when you could be using a Hornell Speedglas 9002X welding helmet with an Adflo filter? http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.co...S-9002X/Detail

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    ...Why would you cheap out with a Sperian helmet with your $100+ vision and breathing? Give me a break!
    I see what your trying to do, lol.
    AFAIK the half mask respirator I have does a good enough job, same as the Sperian helmet. If you can prove to me other wise, I will either upgrade my PPE, or not do any metal work. Its plain and simple. I keep the respirator on after I am done working, basically until I leave the shop. Until that point the doors are open bringing in fresh air to try and clean out any lingering particulate in the air until I take the mask off, after cleaning up, and getting ready to leave.
    If that is not more then the average person does, including most people that work in shops for a living, I would be surprised.

    Since you and all the other real fabricators are giving praise to a $50 Chinese auto darken helmet, how the hell would the Sperian I have not do as good or a better job?

    I might have been born at night, but it was not last night. Using some stupid phrase like 'well this $50 helmet is safe, but your $250 helmet is not' won't hold any water with me and just takes away from your credibility.

    Of course $50 helmet < $250 helmet < $1000+ helmet with a filter.

    Personally, I would put an exhaust system in my shop before I spent the money on that type of helmet/filter(unless an exhaust system was unlikely). Mainly because it does dick all to protect anyone else in the shop, including my dog. I am not trying to take away from the effectiveness of a filter, I would just personally like to have an exhaust system, and still use the reusable half mask respirators that I already have for extra protection.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mission, BC
    Posts
    3,455
    Just a fyi, I checked out the half mask nusneak posted at Lordo last night and its actually just a standard 3m respirator mask.. that comes with slimer filters. Good news for me as I already have one for the paint work I do, I just need to pick up some new filters for welding. I'd wear just a fibre face mask if I was just worried about the particulates, but the gases get pretty nausious after awhile too, even with my homebrew exhaust system (which actually works pretty good).

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    I see what your trying to do, lol.
    AFAIK the half mask respirator I have does a good enough job, same as the Sperian helmet.
    And if a sub $100 helmet can do ?a good enough job? protecting your eyes from UV the same amount as a helmet in a 3 digit and 4 digit range? How is that argument any different?

    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    Since you and all the other real fabricators are giving praise to a $50 Chinese auto darken helmet, how the hell would the Sperian I have not do as good or a better job?
    Because both helmets are certified to offer UV protection, if that wasn?t the case there would be a lot of blind weldors out there and a lot of lawsuits.

    I own and use a PA unit and a Miller Optrel Satellite?the protection to my eyes are the same. What if I said I owned a Miller Elite and told you to never buy a helmet cheaper than that? That your Sperian helmet is inferior to the Elite and shouldn?t cheap out on your eyes with a cheaper Sperian unit. That?s what you are saying about the PA unit to help justify the cost you spent on your Sperian? My Optrel helmet is much nicer than my PA unit, but I?m not throwing my PA unit in the trash. Why? Because it does the job of protecting my eyes at a much lower price. I?d rather have MIG spatter land on my PA unit than on my Optrel?

    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    I might have been born at night, but it was not last night. Using some stupid phrase like 'well this $50 helmet is safe, but your $250 helmet is not' won't hold any water with me and just takes away from your credibility.
    Well good thing I didn?t make that statement. Reread this thread from start to finish and to gain some credibility please quote where I suggested that a $250 helmet is not safe when a $50 one is. Good luck!
    ACE Engineering
    1990 Toyota Celica Alltrac (Daily driver)
    1982 Toyota Starlet (Turbocharged race car)

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    Because both helmets are certified to offer UV protection, if that wasn’t the case there would be a lot of blind weldors out there and a lot of lawsuits.
    Re-read my posts and quote me where I said that you would damage your eyes using the $50 unit. I even said I worded it ****ed up, as in I am worried about damaging my eyes, I never said I was worried about the $50 unit damaging my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    I own and use a PA unit and a Miller Optrel Satellite…the protection to my eyes are the same.
    You just said that in your last message, I read it last time. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time you are going on about UV protection on the PA compared to anything else, and this is probably the 3rd or 4th time I will say, I agree! I never said you will go blind or damage your vision using the $50 unit, so stop repeating yourself without reading my posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    Well good thing I didn’t make that statement. Reread this thread from start to finish and to gain some credibility please quote where I suggested that a $250 helmet is not safe when a $50 one is. Good luck!
    Your statement was not very far off from what I said and makes no sense at all. Why do I not have a $1,000+ welding helmet and filter setup for hobby welding? BECAUSE IT IS OVERKILL. Like I said, either prove that what I am using is inadequate for my own protection, or stop posting

    Re-read my posts, I clearly had a few problems with the cheap helmet. None listed were UV.
    I even said I would have kept it if I never had any problems with it.
    - If I could wear it without the back of my head being sore;
    - if it would not switch on by itself (more then it should IMO)
    - if it would not take too long to switch (sensitivity, or switching speed), which blinded me as a result.

    I tried exchanging it, and the second one did the same thing.
    I used my brothers to weld a jack hammer bit and a few other things, and I had the same problems. I would have to be cautious with the helmet down to not cause it to switch by itself. I would also get blinded, every single time, after starting for the first few seconds, I realized this, and tried to blink during the switching, but it turned out to be more of a hassle then it was worth IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    ...gain some credibility please quote where I suggested that a $250 helmet is not safe when a $50 one is....
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    Why would you cheap out with a Sperian helmet with your $100+ vision and breathing? Give me a break!
    Like I said before, how is any of the PPE I am using not safe? Just because there is more expensive stuff available does not mean what I am using is not adequate. You must still be under the assumption that I said the $50 helmet will make you go blind. Try reading what I posted.


    If anyone is wondering, Dave is off getting high somewhere. A much smarter person is writing this on his account.
    Last edited by nusneak; 01-15-2009 at 02:15 PM.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    Re-read my posts and quote me where I said that you would damage your eyes using the $50 unit. I even said I worded it ****ed up, as in I am worried about damaging my eyes, I never said I was worried about the $50 unit damaging my eyes.
    Your post. Post #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    Welding without an auto-welding helmet IMO is just crazy, as is welding with one of those jobber Princess Auto Auto Darkening Welding helmet. The cost of a $200-$300 for a quality helmet is a lot less then lost time not being able to see, or worse.
    How does a ?jobber Princess Auto Darkening helmet? cause ?lost time not being able to see, or worse?? Since we all know UV causes the damage.

    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    You just said that in your last message, I read it last time. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time you are going on about UV protection on the PA compared to anything else, and this is probably the 3rd or 4th time I will say, I agree! I never said you will go blind or damage your vision using the $50 unit, so stop repeating yourself without reading my posts.
    See question above. If a ?jobber Princess Auto Darkening helmet? has the same UV protection as a $200-300 quality helmet, what causes ?lost time not being able to see, or worse??

    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    Your statement was not very far off from what I said and makes no sense at all. Why do I not have a $1,000+ welding helmet and filter setup for hobby welding? BECAUSE IT IS OVERKILL. Like I said, either prove that what I am using is inadequate for my own protection, or stop posting
    That?s the point, prove your #6 comment. What?s to say your $250 helmet is overkill for hobby welding? If they both offer the same protection then the extra cost is for quality construction and more features, why is it crazy to not need all the bells and whistles if they aren?t necessary for some tasks/people?

    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    Re-read my posts, I clearly had a few problems with the cheap helmet. None listed were UV.
    I even said I would have kept it if I never had any problems with it.
    - If I could wear it without the back of my head being sore;
    - if it would not switch on by itself (more then it should IMO)
    - if it would not take too long to switch (sensitivity, or switching speed), which blinded me as a result.

    I tried exchanging it, and the second one did the same thing.
    I used my brothers to weld a jack hammer bit and a few other things, and I had the same problems. I would have to be cautious with the helmet down to not cause it to switch by itself. I would also get blinded, every single time, after starting for the first few seconds, I realized this, and tried to blink during the switching, but it turned out to be more of a hassle then it was worth IMO.
    Obviously you used a few duds or used it in the cold then?there are tons of people using cheap PA helmets and not having arc flash or switching speed issues. As for comfort, better quality headpiece and mask, that comes with a higher end model, I agree. Which is why I have the Miller.

    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    Like I said before, how is any of the PPE I am using not safe? Just because there is more expensive stuff available does not mean what I am using is not adequate. You must still be under the assumption that I said the $50 helmet will make you go blind. Try reading what I posted.
    Re-read post #6. Just because there is more expensive welding helmets doesn?t mean buying a PA unit is crazy.

    You probably should have quoted the entire comment:

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    Why did you settle on a Sperian helmet when you could be using a Hornell Speedglas 9002X welding helmet with an Adflo filter? http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.co...S-9002X/Detail
    Why would you cheap out with a Sperian helmet with your $100+ vision and breathing? Give me a break!
    It?s using the mentality of ?Why would you buy a cheaper one when there is a more expensive one available?? In this case I listed a helmet/package that is more expensive than yours, ie: your argument against a PA unit when there are more expensive helmets out there. There is no mention about a $250 helmet not being safe when a $50 one is. Nice try though!

    You post on both sides of the fence. One side it?s crazy to use a PA when your eyes are worth a lot more than $100, and the other side where you say you were never worried about the PA unit damaging your eyes. It?s easy to post on both sides of the fence, its different to stand on one side the entire time. It?s plain to see in this conversation.
    ACE Engineering
    1990 Toyota Celica Alltrac (Daily driver)
    1982 Toyota Starlet (Turbocharged race car)

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lethbridge Alberta
    Posts
    4,475
    haha


    dave=PWNED!


    steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL


  13. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver BC
    Posts
    567
    Why do you keep saying PPE? I know what it means but dude you sound like you just got out of safety school.

    I guess it just gets on my nerves cause the annoying safety lady at work says it every two minutes.

    I also have a PA helmet with no problems. I think you were just setting it up wrong. Set it to low sensativity and slow switching and it is fine.

    Corby Martin
    1986 Corolla GT-S 13b REW Silvia N2 Hot Mess -SUPER SOLD
    1986 4Runner SR5 Panda Tofu delivery special edition.-FOR SALE

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    Obviously you used a few duds or used it in the cold then?there are tons of people using cheap PA helmets and not having arc flash or switching speed issues. As for comfort, better quality headpiece and mask, that comes with a higher end model, I agree. Which is why I have the Miller.
    lol, OBVIOUSLY! I like that, used a few duds or used it in the cold. I used 3 separate helmets in a warm shop, and outside in the sun, with the same result. Seeing how many were brought back at the same time, maybe there was a set of duds! Who knows, All I know is I'm not trusting my vision to that $50 ****, if they do have that kind of quality control where you would just assume they are duds, or setup wrong. Like I said before man, if you like the $50 unit, and it works fine for you that's awesome! I just think it is hilarious how people will say it is basically the same as the higher end units, but then search up other products and people talk the biggest **** about PA and how they sell junk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    That?s the point, prove your #6 comment. What?s to say your $250 helmet is overkill for hobby welding? If they both offer the same protection then the extra cost is for quality construction and more features, why is it crazy to not need all the bells and whistles if they aren?t necessary for some tasks/people?
    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak
    Welding without an auto-welding helmet IMO is just crazy, as is welding with one of those jobber Princess Auto Auto Darkening Welding helmet. The cost of a $200-$300 for a quality helmet is a lot less then lost time not being able to see, or worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    ...You post on both sides of the fence. One side it?s crazy to use a PA when your eyes are worth a lot more than $100, and the other side where you say you were never worried about the PA unit damaging your eyes. It?s easy to post on both sides of the fence, its different to stand on one side the entire time. It?s plain to see in this conversation.
    I don't post on both sides of the fence. I never said I bought this helmet because it costs more, and therefore offers better protection. I bought it because the $50 unit was not working up to the standards I would expect for something I use to protect my eyes. I agree I could have got a cheaper helmet without auto-darken for a lot less.

    Even if there is UV protection all the time on the PA unit, the flashing can't be good for your eyes IMO and that is what I was referring to as crazy. Search online, as much as there is posts of people with no problems, there is posts by people with problems. Much worse then just the flashing I was having, other people had sore eyes and headaches.
    Must be duds, or maybe not warm enough? Do you think the duds they are selling offer okay protection?
    FYI: My Sperian has not had a single problem similar to how any of the PA units worked, even in the cold.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Groenink View Post
    haha


    dave=PWNED!


    steve
    Are you on drugs? Dave is not here, nor can he think, write, or spell that good, duh! You are probably the only person that thinks he wrote any of this.

    Quote Originally Posted by coreworld View Post
    Why do you keep saying PPE? I know what it means but dude you sound like you just got out of safety school...
    I also have a PA helmet with no problems. I think you were just setting it up wrong. Set it to low sensativity and slow switching and it is fine.
    Could you imagine, I never posted PPE as a pop-quiz for you? How about because that is the acronym for equipment used for personal protection...WTF would you like me to call it, safety gear and crap?

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK
    Posts
    386
    Brilliant! Answer your #6 comment by reposting your #6 comment. You make a very interesting argument sir.

    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    lol, OBVIOUSLY! I like that, used a few duds or used it in the cold. I used 3 separate helmets in a warm shop, and outside in the sun, with the same result. Seeing how many were brought back at the same time, maybe there was a set of duds! Who knows, All I know is I'm not trusting my vision to that $50 ****, if they do have that kind of quality control where you would just assume they are duds, or setup wrong. Like I said before man, if you like the $50 unit, and it works fine for you that's awesome! I just think it is hilarious how people will say it is basically the same as the higher end units, but then search up other products and people talk the biggest **** about PA and how they sell junk?
    Yes they do sell a lot of junk, so does House of Tools, Acklands, Canadian Tire, Sears and tons of other companies as well. However you cannot blanket an entire company and every single product they carry as garbage…

    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    I don't post on both sides of the fence. I never said I bought this helmet because it costs more, and therefore offers better protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    Personally, I consider my vision to be worth more then <$100. Actually, worth a lot more then <$100, lol
    Last quote and first quote of this thread show you standing on both sides of the fence. Enough said.

    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    Even if there is UV protection all the time on the PA unit, the flashing can't be good for your eyes IMO and that is what I was referring to as crazy.
    Please re-read the first five posts (all the posts before your comment about using a PA helmet as crazy) and point out a single comment about flashing…the first five posts talked about UV, which is where the eye damage comes in.

    Ever notice how discussions like this never end unless the person standing the same on the issue stops posting? Because the person jumping on both sides of the fence can constantly bring new arguments to the table. Then the person standing on the same side has to echo the same comments over and over to hope that they’ll be understood.

    Have a good weekend and don’t touch the elusive “shiny metal”!!!!
    ACE Engineering
    1990 Toyota Celica Alltrac (Daily driver)
    1982 Toyota Starlet (Turbocharged race car)

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,833
    At least try reading what is bold/red/ or in huge text. It is stuff you missed last time, and repeating myself it getting old pretty quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    and point out a single comment about flashing?the first five posts talked about UV, which is where the eye damage comes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    Personally, I consider my vision to be worth more then <$100. Actually, worth a lot more then <$100, lol
    Does anyone actually have, and use a cheap PA helmet? I had one for like a week, and realized I could not see anything at all. Takes just long enough to switch for you to get blinded right before you start welding. Only other person I know with one of those, never welds...
    Since bold was not enough to make it stand out for you, here is where I initially doubted the safety of the PA unit... Just so you know, it is my second post in this thread, and I never mentioned UV in either of those posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by nusneak View Post
    Even if there is UV protection all the time on the PA unit, the flashing can't be good for your eyes IMO and that is what I was referring to as crazy
    Can you see my answer, that was posted last time? Another thing you missed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    ...Yes they do sell a lot of junk, so does House of Tools, Acklands, Canadian Tire, Sears and tons of other companies as well. However you cannot blanket an entire company and every single product they carry as garbage?
    lol, where did I say that everything they sell is garbage? I only remember mentioning welding, and PPE. Post up my quote saying that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
    Ever notice how discussions like this never end unless the person standing the same on the issue stops posting? Because the person jumping on both sides of the fence can constantly bring new arguments to the table. Then the person standing on the same side has to echo the same comments over and over to hope that they?ll be understood.

    Have a good weekend and don?t touch the elusive ?shiny metal?!!!!
    Ever notice how you keep skipping my answers, and keep saying the same **** over, and over, and over, and make up what you would have liked my posts to say.

    Are you saying, there is no cause for concern to weld shiny/galvanized metal?

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mission, BC
    Posts
    3,455
    yawn

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Calgary/Purgatory
    Posts
    5,348
    I went through all of this (pointless arguments) months ago with this kid. All I got out of it was wasted time and satisfaction.


    RETIRED

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    I went through all of this (pointless arguments) months ago with this kid. All I got out of it was wasted time and satisfaction.
    Ya I'm not surprised.

    I'm done posting in this thread as I have to get back to welding my shiny/galvanized/plutonium coated/zinc chromate/lead lined/thermite covered steel!
    ACE Engineering
    1990 Toyota Celica Alltrac (Daily driver)
    1982 Toyota Starlet (Turbocharged race car)

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary Ab
    Posts
    2,649
    I'ver welded shiny metal, and now I'm sterile.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •