Picked these up:

185/60/r14 (4)
    195/60/r14 (2)
    215/50/r15 (2)

----------
    1985 Toyota Corolla GTS 1uzfe 6 speed
    1985 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ60.
    1997 Lexus LX450.

Picked these up from powder coating today. They look ridiculously sexy in the sun, these pictures don't show justice. Its a 3 stage, chrome, copper metallic, then clear process.

I love the color, its not flashy, but still custom.

Im going to head out and install them in a bit, ill grab en engine photo later on.
    Last edited by KingSpence; 02-20-2009 at 09:51 PM.

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

How much did the finish on those valve covers run you?

$35.

Black Cat Coatings in St. Albert.

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

Quote Originally Posted by mot_bot View Post
    looks good man, btw you stole my battery box idea ****er.. I gotta start actually puting to use my plans before everyone does them before me XD
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    Great minds think alike. ha.
    Im pretty sure you both stole the idea from devin, i think he had one in his car a long time ago, inspired me about a year ago but i couldnt find a battery to fit...

Installed teh covers, new gaskets and shiz along with it. I pulled off the covers, super clean underneath, good sign.

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

Nice garage. wood shop in one bay and auto shop in the other two. mine is pretty much the same except for being a two car garage. I do the auto stuffs, the wife likes to build furniture.

DOOOD!

I totally didn't know your car was this intense.

Your cars been through so much accidents and what not, And i like the way it looks multicolor.
    bluetop fuel cut is at 7200
    YOU CLUTCH KICK AT LIMITER NOTHING HAPPENS.
    you were all going 65. get over it

Ahh how I wish I had a garage like yours. Dude, your project is so awsome!
    AE86 | Tacoma X-Runner
    4AGE 20V | 1GR-FE

did you fix up the AFM problem? those valve covers are sexy haha

pretty cool to see matts engine still living in another car. valve covers look good.

and still repping the soup can heat shield, ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    Thank you for your understanding. Not only is the price wicked, but who rocks smoothies on the corolla, nobody. And you can choose any backspace, like diamonds and similar companies.

And there is no way in hell im dropping $2700usd on a set of 15 year old 10jj longchamps. And even if i did, i couldnt let the car out of my eyesight without the wheels being ganked.
    I wanted smoothies a while ago...

edit: not gettin em anymore! bahabahabah
    Last edited by Estefan; 02-22-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralli View Post
    did you fix up the AFM problem? those valve covers are sexy haha
    Yea, i have no clue what happened that day. Big cloud of blue smoke, and then the car died in the driveway 3 min later, and the afm door would shut completely, almost like a boost leak. Ive put about 400kms on the car since then, and it drives fine. I checked the timing, bang on 10 degrees, and compression checked up wet and dry. It may be the turbo seals? Who knows, until it does it again, it drives great.

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

Oh, and the car whoops the crap out of a skyline gts-4, with a Mines tuned ecu. And the car is just about as fast as an Aristo with a 2jzgte, greddy FMIC, exhaust cutout open, boost controller.

So in other words, im confident I could pull a high 13 second pass, because the aristo runs high 12's, low 13's, and I was having no problem keeping up.

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

Hahaha. I'm very interested to see what it can do in the 1/4. I wish I'd gotten a chance to run it, stupid Castrol and their anal-retentiveness about battery shutoffs. Make sure yours kills the alternator directly or they will punch you in the nuts and tell you to go home.

Those valve covers look awesome too.

What was this about a puff of blue smoke? Do you still have the catch can line hooked up? If the weather is decently cold that line running to the catch can will ice up with condensation, eventually sealing off and causing the crankcase pressure to jump, thus making it tough for oil to travel through the oil return from the turbo. When it can't go into the pan, it takes the next easiest route, past the seals. It's easily solved just by popping off the line when it's real cold. I never had any significant oil coming out of there when I had the line off. Didn't make any mess at all since it was pretty much all just condensation.
    Matt H.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromedragon View Post
    Hahaha. I'm very interested to see what it can do in the 1/4. I wish I'd gotten a chance to run it, stupid Castrol and their anal-retentiveness about battery shutoffs. Make sure yours kills the alternator directly or they will punch you in the nuts and tell you to go home.

Those valve covers look awesome too.

What was this about a puff of blue smoke? Do you still have the catch can line hooked up? If the weather is decently cold that line running to the catch can will ice up with condensation, eventually sealing off and causing the crankcase pressure to jump, thus making it tough for oil to travel through the oil return from the turbo. When it can't go into the pan, it takes the next easiest route, past the seals. It's easily solved just by popping off the line when it's real cold. I never had any significant oil coming out of there when I had the line off. Didn't make any mess at all since it was pretty much all just condensation.
    Yea, i definitely need to get a proper battery shutoff, box, and vent system. I will be entering the car in "High School kids" class at the Street Legal $10000 shootout on May 29,30 at Castrol. That should let me know exactly what the car is running.

I remember you telling me about the catch can issue. The car was in the garage the whole time, i only drove it for about 10 minutes in -5ish. But that very well could be my issue now that i think of it.

Thanks

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

spencer is the cam cover plastic or metal?

The valve covers are alluminum. The cam gear cover is plastic.

Thinking about getting your vavle cover done?

----------
    1997 Lexus LX450.

ahhh it would look nice with the cam cover painted 2 oh well lol

nope lol it would be a waste of money on my car right now i have nothing to show under there

That sounds pretty fast... How much boost are you running? On a stock bluetop with stock electronics and a piggyback? What other supporting mods?
    I do not think that is going that fast, but I could be wrong.