Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ... Penelope has a Sister!

waht? waht? what's wrong with 240s?

i just bought a coupe to drift mang?

they are turning into honda civics with the whole drift scene.

Well.....i really have no comment. im just glad my bro (Mr E) is standing up for me.
    Dont worry Bhai (indian term for brother) i wont fall into the wrong crowd. i just want to get my ride to school so i can actually work on it. thats when the "fun" begins.

If this comment is "newbie" then feel free to flame me. i really couldn't care less.

mrE/mystryman, i have some zenki corners if you want.
    1992 lexus ls400
    1987 toyota corolla gt-s
    yesguy!

Quote Originally Posted by VickersGTS View Post
    Dont even think about swapping if you cant diagnose a bluetop and make it run half-decent. Stock 4A's are like lego.
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC View Post
    If you were a real enthusiast you wouldn't care if you got a coupe or hatch if the chassis was clean. Coupes are better in every way except space.

Quote Originally Posted by mike-nametaken View Post
    they are turning into honda civics with the whole drift scene.
    you're wrong... hachi roku took care of that one with Initial D

ye but civic are way too played out , same with 240s now compare the number of 240 to the number of 8-6s you see.

Quote Originally Posted by mike-nametaken View Post
    ye but civic are way too played out , same with 240s now compare the number of 240 to the number of 8-6s you see.
    Jr.. let me tell you, if you've owned a civic and hanged around the right crowd in Scarborough you will realize why there's more civics out there in the track than a corolla or a mazda fwd. the endless parts availability, interchangeability to an integra and having a nice revving engine is good enough w/o damaging your bank account. i can buy an EG civic right now with a B16 swap, complete integra suspension and brake upgrade for under $4K. and i can go to Shannonville with that car and have fun all day w/o any breakage.

lesson of the day Jr... don't knock something you don't know. you think it's played out only coz you think it's RICE and coz you see a lot of it. pre-initial d, there's only a handful of peeps in Toronto know about the corolla GTS, i wouldn't say they're in "cool" category back then. coz if they were, we wouldn't be able to buy a full running GT-S for under $500. but after initial d... BAM... rust bucket SR5 for $3000K? why, coz it's synonymous to "drifting". wanna talk about "played out" now?

mr e is offline Un-Official "Dori-Kaze TBG"
    Come on kids... Play nice in the sand box. We all have to share it.

remove the negative thoughts!
    Penelope ~ AE86 4AGE;Maxine ~ A32 VQ30DE; Roxanne JCE10

.{yesguy! Performance}.

When i started traveling to my parents place every weekend last summer.(Small town called High River) I got the shock of my life getting asked by strange young kids "you like initial d?" at the 7-11. My car had a bit of dust on it and someone wrote the words "Tofu" on the door. That really pissed me off... I really feel sorry for someone with an older civic or acura. That actually goes out to the track and loves there car. Getting tagged as a "ricer".

I now drive a te72 that is starting to look boro boro and nobody in this dumb town has ever seen this car in their life. No more tofu graffiti for me. Living in calgary was totally different, got more thumbs up and waves from strangers than ever. can't wait to move back in july!

Quote Originally Posted by micro214_kp61 View Post
    Jr.. let me tell you, if you've owned a civic and hanged around the right crowd in Scarborough you will realize why there's more civics out there in the track than a corolla or a mazda fwd. the endless parts availability, interchangeability to an integra and having a nice revving engine is good enough w/o damaging your bank account. i can buy an EG civic right now with a B16 swap, complete integra suspension and brake upgrade for under $4K. and i can go to Shannonville with that car and have fun all day w/o any breakage.

lesson of the day Jr... don't knock something you don't know. you think it's played out only coz you think it's RICE and coz you see a lot of it. pre-initial d, there's only a handful of peeps in Toronto know about the corolla GTS, i wouldn't say they're in "cool" category back then. coz if they were, we wouldn't be able to buy a full running GT-S for under $500. but after initial d... BAM... rust bucket SR5 for $3000K? why, coz it's synonymous to "drifting". wanna talk about "played out" now?
    true

So no new pictures yet, but she's running.

These videos are from a couple weeks ago, when I got her running, VERY badly tuned, but running.

You can see in this one, some of the frame rail's they are rough, but not as bad as I had previously thought.

Sorry no video's or pictures yet, but I got her running really nice yesterday, timed her down by ear, and have her running really smooth. Good thing is the alternator is working really well, as the terminals always fall off the battery when driving it, but the car runs perfectly.

Needs some front suspension work, rears seem to be okay.

Although I am in talks to trade the car away for another. We'll see how it all goes, if not I feel much more encouraged that this car is running smoother (Then shown in current videos) as taking her through the gears there are no grinds, and all the brakes work (Unlike my corolla) and the clutch is beefy (or chickeny since I don't eat the dead cow).

.{yesguy! Performance}.

Waiiitt. You're Indian? Welcome to the club .
    AE86 | Tacoma X-Runner
    4AGE 20V | 1GR-FE

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting86 View Post
    Waiiitt. You're Indian? Welcome to the club .
    .. yeah man, aren't we all?

.{yesguy! Performance}.

how did u get her running

Put her back together, did a little bit of a tune up, used some spare parts I had around, set and reset the timing, and bamn! She's alive.

I'll take some video's tomorrow (later today) or her running nice and smooth. She's not timing perfectly, but my ass and ear timing works well.

.{yesguy! Performance}.

As promised a few more videos and pictures.

Cold start, as you can see she turns over pretty easily.

View of motor running smooth, and then walk around car.

More engine running, now it is at operating temperature.

ODO

.{yesguy! Performance}.

Looks better than the blue AE92 that Wonderbread is fixing... so yeah, its fixable.

Follow my Supra Antics on Facebook ---> HERE!

yeah, definitely fixable, but I don't have the time to work on a car that needs this much love.
    my brother is focusing on school, and thinks he can't handle this big of a project.

So, we'll see how things go, I wish I had the time, hearing her run nice and smooth for the first time was really satisfying.
    If only I knew how to weld, then I would have no worries, but I don't and have no idea how to get started with her... :S

.{yesguy! Performance}.

Quote Originally Posted by mr e View Post
    I don't and have no idea how to get started with her... :S
    Step 1 - tear down to bare chassis and cut out all rust to clean metal, see if there is even a car still there when you are done

damn i missed tht car shuda just parked it on the street or somethin