Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Ol Red Drift 2.0

'Ol Red Drift 2.0

Well, on October 31 2008 my GTS hatch (gpenny's old car) died after being smoked by a minivan.

February 2009 i picked up this 1986 Two Tone blue GTS Coupe, with 238 k's.
    Total cost including ferries over to north van was less than $1300. Later I bought another decent zenk GTS coupe, and decided to make the kouk coupe a dedicated track car.

Gpenny helped me thru everything, was a huge inspiration, and always kept me going, even when it seemed ****ING HOPELESS!

Our plan was to take this completely stock, beater gts, and take all the parts i had laying around from Ol Red, and build a drift car in 14 days....easy right? Thats what i thought, anyway.

For some reason after sitting for several months the car just refused to start, it turned over just fine, had spark, but no fuel. We ran power to the pump and got it working, problem solved right? For some reason, it still wouldnt start, so after much ****ing around we realized it was the relay junction box near the battery...2 days wasted.

Then the tear down begins:

Just a soft mallet, and power of greyskull, when you dont care.

So the car weighs 1930 lbs even, checked it at the duncan scales, have witnesses.

Oil Pres. Oil Temp. Coolant Temp. Wideband 02. Volts. No, i cant see them.

Car now has: Sidepipe, prothane bushings, 4.5k Swift/monroe rears, 4.5k ebay sleeves and unknown shocks in front, AMT Heimed 5 link, AMT Tension Rods, F1 6 puck clutch & 10 lb flywheel, strut braces, front lower bar, Nitrous : 35hp shot wet. Cheap wheel & quick release.

Upcoming plans include:

White paint job (it hides crap)
    Battle version steering angle kit #2
    Origin labs +45mm rears, bolt on spacers, longer studs
    unknown new F/R bumpers, ae92 skirts, cut & widened front fenders, drop hood vent.

****ing love that front bumper!
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

that lip is a great idea, gonna try that on the celica

that first pic still kills me a bit inside

nice work on your coupe so far man

1991 Tercel 4A-GEsmallport RIP 09/02/2011 - - 1993 Supra.
    05 IS300 Daily

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.K View Post
    that lip is a great idea, gonna try that on the celica
    X2, lip looks rad.

F'n NOS man! RAD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

geeeter done boiii !!!!

hhmmmmmm...... koolaid.
    "When you feel like you're going to sh!t yourself, that when you know you're doing it right"
    -Trigger Happy
    YESGUY tunniningg

NOS!!!! Kneel before ZOD!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age
    "The Miata will get some compliments along with some ?hairdresser? comments and odd looks from the average public, enthusiasts are never really sure if you are a stance guy, a drifter, or a homosexual"
    BUILD THREAD!!!
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...-pics-page-5!*

Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words, most people told me im stupid, or the engine will last 35 seconds.

Painted the car yesterday, its white now, (and no, not panda white)

Will post pics as well as NOS testing vids soon!

Here is a quick cel phone pic:

The hood and trunk aren't done yet, but not bad for a half days work.
    It's just a beater drift car, my goal was to make it a "10 footer" as they say.
    Up next is Rear bumper, Sideskirts and...

I waited for 50+ days for Origin +45mm overfenders to show up, and of course they sent hatchback ones instead of coupe.
    So anyways they refunded $200, which is cool, and now i plan to just mod the $100 fenders to fit my coupe. Shouldn't be hard at all. Ill be installing a rear bumper (Vertex i think) and ghetto ae92 skirts, (for now)

Gonna follow do-boys' write up on club4ag for cuttin out the rears, but itll probably just get welded, and gooped to prevent (more) rust. Then my plans are to run spacers in the rear (1-1.5" or so?) to get some fitment, im not tryin' to spin 235s.
    Ive also got a Vertex front bumper that i really want to throw on, but i'll wait...don't wanna smash it right away.
    Then ill probably attempt the ol' JDM cut to the front fenders, to pull em out and space em.
    Up after that is manual rack install when i get ahold of a goddamn mk3 supra int shaft, ive been scammed once, and two other sellers wanted $100 +

Is it impossible to find the battle version type 2 steering kit nowadays or what?

woooooooo bright green hood

1991 Tercel 4A-GEsmallport RIP 09/02/2011 - - 1993 Supra.
    05 IS300 Daily

Nice work Dug! BTW, I've got you covered on the BV ver. 2 steering kit.

ol' white nosssssssssssssss

This thing is rad, cause it's original and brave. I wouldn't do it but this is still dope ahah. Motor info? looks like gze valve cover?
    Last edited by Rob.K; 08-28-2009 at 09:51 PM.

hey dug, are you running wet or dry nos? with 4ag bluetop right? we need to talk and make this thing work haha

nevermind, i learned how to read. did you upgrade your fuel pump and has this thing run yet?

Thanks guys!

Stock bluetop with 200+k's... its wet, and no FP upgrade, i have a fpr and it stays at 40 lbs with nos solenoids on at wot.

Ya it works, but im trying to find an RPM window switch for the NOS, probably 3500-6500 rpms.

Im just having a bitch of a time getting a front left wheel off the car right now, had a bit of an offroad excursion, im guessing thats why i spent an hour with no luck. ARGH

Anyways, tonight or tomorrow im gonna go drive it around and hit it a few times, ive got a WOT switch and activation switch in the cockpit, we'll see what happens!

Vids will be taken!

i think you're missing the point of having your gauges angled.

usually you put the normal reading of whatever the gauge is at 12 o clock, so that when you take a quick glance at your guages you can easily see if anyhting is ****ed if its not pointing strait up

yeah chris you are correct, but i am lazy, and 2 of the gauges still arent hooked up.

Ill be using those gay plastic pieces that angle em over to me, then ya...ill put the optimal operating temps straight up.

On an unrelated note, i ripped the front lip off, after driving 15 feet. The gravel on my driveway piled up and pulled it clean off.
    Some gorilla tape fixed that, then i got pulled over 20 mins later for scraping all over the place, right in front of a cop at an intersection. No VI though, he was a cool guy.
    Probably just gonna put the vertex front bumper on and call it a day.

too fresh!
    "When you feel like you're going to sh!t yourself, that when you know you're doing it right"
    -Trigger Happy
    YESGUY tunniningg

thats a nice hot mess you got there.