Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Modding steering knuckles

If you're drifting, ackerman causes toe out during full lock. Less ackerman would mean more stability near full opposite lock.

Lack of ackerman would cause tire skidding during daily driving/parking manoeuvers, just like a welded diff, only on the other end and make pushing a non-running car a pain in the wazoo.
    - Brian

great thread,should be stickied or made easy to find w/ search function.

Good find Drader, I tried drawing some crap in paint but its not good enough to show what I wanted to. I need some cad program or something.
    But ya, you can run spacers to get some extra angle now for cheap, and reasearch more on the constuction of your knuckles, while you practice with the spacers.
    Or you can just ignore all the weird anal nerds(ie me) and just cut and weld your arms and drift off into the sunset.

I just find that lots of angle is great, but the extra ackerman that comes with it makes it harder to keep from spinning. Its a double edged sword.
    SO to realy take advantage of more anglem you might as well put in the extra work to make it realy awsome!

i know my setup right now ends up with a noticable amount of ackerman at lock, but its still a very usuable setup and miles better than any car with basic angle mods.

photos or what?
    BCWORKS

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    i know my setup right now ends up with a noticable amount of ackerman at lock, but its still a very usuable setup and miles better than any car with basic angle mods.
    Truth.

If you think you can remove akerman completly, think again. It was designed in for a reason, but some ****ty mods can exagerrate it. wich is gay. If you can mod your knuckles and have the factory ackerman still there, then you have done it right. But if your one wheel is 60 Deg, and the other is 50. You gone ****ed up.

Custom/Race Work, Chassis setup and Fabrication. Follow my Racing Shenanigans!!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trew-...8143224?ref=hl