Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: My first car, and it's a cressida.

Quote Originally Posted by hodson View Post
    I'm seriously considering 5 speed swap. I've been told it makes the cressida a COMPLETELY different car. Mechanic buddy said about $150 for a W58 tranny from local pick a part.
    Yeah it makes it give the car a manual transmission.
    BCWORKS

hahah...
    he's right.

seriously though. it makes the car feel like it lost 400 pounds and gained 50 HP. it lets you feel that the 5m actually has some amount of torque..

it also lets you know if you have a working LSD or not................

150$ for a W58 is pretty good, but you still need a flywheel, flywheel bolts, full clutch (friction disc and pressure plate) pilot bearing, clutch pedal, master, slave, hard line, and half of a supra drive shaft.

do you know which W58 it is?

In Toyota, we rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    Yeah it makes it give the car a manual transmission.
    cool

found a 1985 supra for parts in cloverdale. <3
    WTB a 4runner...

mkIII supra has the ideal tranny and driveshaft, btw.

In Toyota, we rust.

There's a couple of MkIII's and a MkII (probably one you mentioned) puttering around on Craigslist being parted out. Most of the MkIII's have the transmission out already, however.

Maybe I should ask about the Supras on that MkII...Hell, maybe see how cheap I can get the stock springs too.

Found a MkII. Guy said about 250xxx kms on the tranny and such. Said it ran beautifully until the owner died and the car was left to nobody. Been sitting for a long time. He's selling me the tranny for like a hundred bucks, haven't talked prices about the driveshaft, clutch, all of that other stuff yet. Turned out the guy is like 3 km's away from me, lol

Pulled the driveshaft today and got all the tranny bolts off except for apparently the last two that are on the TOP of the transmission... can anyone tell me where exactly they are? the guy doesn't really want me ****ing with the engine to get at them and I can't get it from underneath. After the tranny comes out i'm grabbing the flywheel, clutch, clutch slave. I was considering grabbing the supra rims but only one of them has a center cap and they seem a bit rough. A bit of work would get them to look nicer but i'm too lazy to look around for center caps for the other 3.

J-min told me to get the hardline if it's there. What exactly is that?
    WTB a 4runner...

the clutch line from the clutch master to the clutch slave.
    simply pointing out stupid

You ahve to drop the xmember down, let the motor angle backwards and get at them with various extensions and ****.

I got mine out by flipping the car upside down and boot****ing the entire car
    I am your 4ajesus

PS: You will also have to fabricate some sort of clutch pedal assy since finding an actual cressie unit is impossible.
    I am your 4ajesus

AE86 clutch pedal works just fine, but I heard that Rob uses a MkII or MkIII pedal. Either way they'll work, but need a bit of drilling to have it line up.

Found a MkII. Guy said about 250xxx kms on the tranny and such. Said it ran beautifully until the owner died and the car was left to nobody. Been sitting for a long time. He's selling me the tranny for like a hundred bucks, haven't talked prices about the driveshaft, clutch, all of that other stuff yet. Turned out the guy is like 3 km's away from me, lol

Pulled the driveshaft today and got all the tranny bolts off except for apparently the last two that are on the TOP of the transmission... can anyone tell me where exactly they are? the guy doesn't really want me ****ing with the engine to get at them and I can't get it from underneath. After the tranny comes out i'm grabbing the flywheel, clutch, clutch slave. I was considering grabbing the supra rims but only one of them has a center cap and they seem a bit rough. A bit of work would get them to look nicer but i'm too lazy to look around for center caps for the other 3.

J-min told me to get the hardline if it's there. What exactly is that?

you should be able to grab the 2 top bolts from the top it just takes some small hands and patience, shorter wrenchs the better a ratchet wrench would be perfect, and yes you can rock either mk2 or ae86 pedal set, just with the 86 the top mounting point has to be grinded down about half inch so it can be bolted up, and yes either grab the hardline or make your own with a sae 45 degree flare tool and then have the tool for any other lines you decide to make

2jzge 5spd Mx83 Cressida

i used ae86 pedal assmebly

alright i'll get the hardline off the car too. so far it seems the only thing that's been taken is the hatch, other than that it's a full car.

And the MkII clutch pedal assembly and all the pedals will work? if so, i'll take all of that out when I go back tomorrow. I'll probably spend most of the time getting those two top bolts though.. it'll be easier with a lot of light. i'm bringing a flashlight this time
    WTB a 4runner...

ya u need all the bolts too. the hardware is different

yeah i'm taking every single bolt I can find off everything I'm getting from this car. I took all the fuses too just because they're annoying if one blows.

I'm looking for ideas for bolt-ons to my engine after this. What would be the best bet, new exhaust? headers? injection? I want things to increase my straight line speed
    WTB a 4runner...

yeah i'm taking every single bolt I can find off everything I'm getting from this car. I took all the fuses too just because they're annoying if one blows.

I'm looking for ideas for bolt-ons to my engine after this. What would be the best bet, new exhaust? headers? injection? I want things to increase my straight line speed
    straight line power?.... i actually felt the 5mge felt like it was pretty peppy even with the automatic, and itll feel much faster 5 speed as well, dont bother a ton with mods, get a afm adapter a cone filter and headers if you really desire

2jzge 5spd Mx83 Cressida

Quote Originally Posted by Will Garrick View Post
    straight line power?.... i actually felt the 5mge felt like it was pretty peppy even with the automatic, and itll feel much faster 5 speed as well, dont bother a ton with mods, get a afm adapter a cone filter and headers if you really desire
    hmm, okay. I just figured a thousand or so put into power would be a nice thing
    WTB a 4runner...

What I have learnt from Jeff's mx73 is that you don't need more power, you need more traction in the back.
    BCWORKS

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    What I have learnt from Jeff's mx73 is that you don't need more power, you need more traction in the back.
    Really? and his is a stock 5M?

I guess i'll wait and see how the thing works when the 5 speed is all said and done..
    WTB a 4runner...

Make sure you get the pedal assembly from the MKII. Get everything, it will all bolt up like stock in MX73.

1995 Toyota LandCruiser - Diesel/24V/5spd/Locked
    1999 Toyota Mark II - 5spd