Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: My first car, and it's a cressida.

i dont meen to poke fun but ide build it the way u want then come back on here and get flamed...at least ull have done what u wanted to.... right.. sorta i guess?

666 is offline Tested positive for Corolla
    Quote Originally Posted by hodson View Post
    i just want help. not a bunch of ****heads telling me to suck dick because i haven't been ****ing up cheap cars for as long as they have.
    Awesome! do what you want man, spend money where you want, just dont get caught up in this fashion show that has become a small part in our car scene

i haven't been ****ing up cheap cars for as long as they have.

Haha thats just awesome!!!

1987 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon RIP donor to the 81'
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon *Now* 5spd Drifto
    1980 Toyota Corolla 4Spd Sedan
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon

I have all the parts.. thank god. the clutch was useless, thin as a piece of paper. so i'm buying a new clutch and getting a new master and slave cylinder. I also just found out I need to go back and get the starter? so i'm doing that later.. otherwise, i have it all. yeesssssss
    WTB a 4runner...

no i think you can reuse the starter

2jzge 5spd Mx83 Cressida

my brother was talking to his mechanic (who has a MkIII supra) and he said that I would need the starter. it was bolted to the transmission so i don't know.. anybody know whether or not I do need it?

mechanic also said to take the mass air flow sensor from the celica supra so I snagged it but didn't pay for it yet. Is it any better?
    WTB a 4runner...

Irrc the maf is bigger.
    I am your 4ajesus

its bigger and has a round mount instead of square, afaik.

stock starter works...i used mine from my auto x7..

In Toyota, we rust.

so i don't need the starter (some money saved, yay) and the MAF isn't really of any advantage?
    WTB a 4runner...

yes, and yes.

unless the mkII w58 is some how drastically different than the mkIII one (other than the shifter position)

In Toyota, we rust.

I would leave the maf alone, odds are its not going to work as good.
    I am your 4ajesus

The MKII W58 is not going to line up perfect like the MKIII W58 will. IIRC, it's closer to the front of the shifter hole. You should have went and got a MKIII W58, since you could have grabbed the front part of the driveshaft that fits perfect on your car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

for someone of my height (6'2"), i think the mk3 one is too far back almost...my arm is too long and getting into 4th requires my arm be thrown back more than id like- im thinking of taking a torch and bending my shifter forwards..

In Toyota, we rust.

I'm like 5"11 so i think the shifter won't be too bad.. If it is I can just "make" it work. bend/cut/whatever

you could have grabbed the front part of the driveshaft that fits perfect on your car.
    ...will the MKII one not fit?
    Last edited by hodson; 02-22-2010 at 01:23 AM.
    WTB a 4runner...

double post lol
    Last edited by hodson; 02-22-2010 at 01:24 AM.
    WTB a 4runner...

triple post

anyone ever tried sportmaxx 962 17x9s on a cressy? I was thinking 17x7 but i want the 3" lip. 17's themselves don't seem too bad on an x7, but probably the biggest you can get away with while still looking good.
    with the exception of serialnine, 18s i believe?

or I could pick up some nearly brand new black rota RB's I found for $550 and polish the lip myself. doesn't seem hard but simply time consuimg to do so according to write-ups
    WTB a 4runner...

you wont be able to fit any of those wheels without coils, the shocks are too large.

i still think there are alot more pertinent things to focus on, other than wheels. get the 5 spd swap done first, then get some new suspension bushings, and look into wheels+coils as a package..

or just coils in general.

-S9 just drastically dropped their pricing on coil sets for 2010.
    -S13 stuff works with not to much effort, or no effort with S9 camber plates
    -MK2 supra stuff is bolt in (ground control style front coils and short stroke/coil springs in the rear)

in the mean time...clean your car, cut your springs, get the 5 spd done and have fun!

In Toyota, we rust.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Min View Post
    you wont be able to fit any of those wheels without coils, the shocks are too large.

i still think there are alot more pertinent things to focus on, other than wheels. get the 5 spd swap done first, then get some new suspension bushings, and look into wheels+coils as a package..

or just coils in general.

-S9 just drastically dropped their pricing on coil sets for 2010.
    -S13 stuff works with not to much effort, or no effort with S9 camber plates
    -MK2 supra stuff is bolt in (ground control style front coils and short stroke/coil springs in the rear)

in the mean time...clean your car, cut your springs, get the 5 spd done and blow ur head gasket!
    fixed
    simply pointing out stupid

5 speed swap is being done atm. i just don't like the 90-year-old woman grocery getter appeal of it right now lol

i'll look into new struts and suspension after this is finished. I need a new clutch though, one out of the supra was literally about as thin as a piece of cardboard
    WTB a 4runner...

HODSON! Sell me your PWR button from the auto.
    I am your 4ajesus

Quote Originally Posted by TTC View Post
    HODSON! Sell me your PWR button from the auto.
    500 dorra

what does that button even do? I always wondered and toyed with it but noticed no great difference.
    Last edited by hodson; 02-22-2010 at 02:42 PM.
    WTB a 4runner...