Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: warrens new fitment...

So its been a while since I updated this guy.

Before the last track day I did a driveway alignment, turns out I was super towed in. With this much camber its hard to really get a feel of the car, it never feels like I have enough castor, even at 6-8ish degrees. getting the toe squared helped a lot, duh...

Night before CapD full of tires, waiting at Acacias house right beside the track.

Got to the track, car felt like a slug in the dry on 195/55/15s. Pulled the rear bumper, it was better. Swapped on some 175/65/14s and it was way better. The shorter tension rods really really really paid off. I felt like a lazy 240 driver, e brake in, floor it. To transition I just turn it in a little harder, 4ag means never lift, let the steering wheel spin and catch it on the other side. Made me sooo happy.

Then after only 4 or 5 runs my hydro ebrake blasted out my rear soft line. **** E-bay brake lines. I'm glad to finally have then all replaced with quality stainless braided. I will get pictures of the hydro when I get home, still can use the stock cable brake too. Which has already saved my ass when my hydraulic system failed...

------

Since the track day I took out another 1/2 coil in the back, and put in some new shocks. The AGXs couldn't handle the 6kg with 2 + coils cut out. So insert $20 new in box f-150 front shocks.

Random online photo, the bottom one.

I hacked out the bottom mount, cut and welded it smaller to fit corolla bushings. Voila a shock that can dampen a 7-8kg spring properly for dirt cheap with no droop, sparkles, super stiff rebound to keep the weight on the ass of my car and its sparkleeey!

Compared to a "short" stroke sensatrac haha. Half an inch of droop, stoked on lifting tire.

BCWORKS

visean is offline Yo, troubled night in the John
    Way to go. I think that's awesome I want to try them!

Did you have Camaro AGXs in the back before?

dimensions on modified f-150 shock body and stroke?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    i like to go into lordco and just yell into the mufflers they have in stock until i find one that tickles my fancy
    Wisdom from NeptuneD on choosing mufflers for exhaust note

did you really weld a new mount to a compressed nitrogen shock body?
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Groenink View Post
    did you really weld a new mount to a compressed nitrogen shock body?
    He modified the mount that was on the f-150 shock i believe

Quote Originally Posted by pitobread View Post
    I saw this guy eat a whole bag of Jalape?o cheezits in one sitting. After that moment I would trust him with my life.
    1982 Toyota Hilux Pickup- Daily
    1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon- Track car

Quote Originally Posted by Colbskee View Post
    He modified the mount that was on the f-150 shock i believe
    Yes i understand that and you never weld on a compressed cylinder, unless you want to potentially die that is

Steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL

No no, The bottom of the hoop was cut then squeezed and rewelded....I know that's what I told him to do. lol
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoQuinn View Post
    The bottom of the hoop was cut then squeezed and rewelded.
    This what i meant

Quote Originally Posted by pitobread View Post
    I saw this guy eat a whole bag of Jalape?o cheezits in one sitting. After that moment I would trust him with my life.
    1982 Toyota Hilux Pickup- Daily
    1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon- Track car

Yeah I wasn't about to weld to the something containing compressed gas. I cut a section out of the bottom loop and then hammered it shut. After I was done though I had numerous people saying they do it all the time. I'm still very skeptical because I like living. And yes I had camaro agx's in the back I think.
    BCWORKS

666 is offline Tested positive for Corolla
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    Yeah I wasn't about to weld to the something containing compressed gas. I cut a section out of the bottom loop and then hammered it shut. After I was done though I had numerous people saying they do it all the time. I'm still very skeptical because I like living. And yes I had camaro agx's in the back I think.
    good choice man, living is good. I bet you would be safe to do a few tac welds on the very bottom where you cut but running any sort of bead or heat would be a bad idea. I would have just made bushings.

so the shocks are actually stiff? I've always wondered about rear shocks as they are pretty generic. I think the wagon could benefit from shocks as short as these. Last event i put in my HTS which people say are really short. I didnt like how much they we compressed while static, i hope it doesnt do bad things.

1987 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon RIP donor to the 81'
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon *Now* 5spd Drifto
    1980 Toyota Corolla 4Spd Sedan
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon

The shocks dampening was a LITTLE stiffer than the camaro agx and way stiffer then the sensatracs. But the rebound is where the magic is. They are super stiff on rebound. Keeps the weight on the ass and stops you from spinning when you let off throttle at lock. Ps rear sway bars are rear gaybars. Garbage.

The are short though. Your car has to be slammed to fit them. If I was anymore than another half inch higher the springs would be preloaded.
    BCWORKS

for anyone whos wondering- this also works really well on MX73's...

cool stuff wardawg. those AGXs were pretty gaytown.

In Toyota, we rust.

666 is offline Tested positive for Corolla
    Sounds like a perfect fit for the wagon. Really I don't get it what's the deal, it seams way low. Maybe it's just the angle. Anyways tell me you measured them before you put them in.

Also whats the hate with sway bars?

1987 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon RIP donor to the 81'
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon *Now* 5spd Drifto
    1980 Toyota Corolla 4Spd Sedan
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon

Hahaha I didn't measure ****. I should have but I just jacked the car up from the diff and tried them. Also the top stud is way beefiee than all the other ones I have found. Less striping the nut trying to get them on and off.

I have 2/3rds of my bump stops cut off. So if they were snowmen the legs and torso would be gone. Then there is an inch and a half clearance before I bottom out on those. This doesn't really help since you are a wagon.

As for rear sway bars. When you are fully sideways you want the rear to grip as much as it can in comparison to the front. So a sway bar would just load even more weight onto the leading tire. Overloading it and underloading the following tire.
    BCWORKS

There's plenty of great shocks from other cars that fit. I've even used struts from an mk3 supra in the back of a corolla, just had to trim the spring mounts off them. I really enjoyed the MK3 TEMS front struts in the back of my Zeeboo, then they went into the rotarolla, adjustable stiffness was fun.
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

BUMPER BARS!

Mike Day made the front one, slapped together from stuff he had sitting in his yard, fits perfect. holds bumper nice and tight.

Sits snug right under where the grill would be. No rattling no shaking, looks good to a cop.

The rear I made, thats what I looks like ****. Holds the bumper on well, doesn't even need zap straps, but they are on there just to be safe. Too legit

And before anyone says these will do nothing in an accident, you are right. They are just here to hold on aero too and from the track, if I get rear ended it wont transfer **** to my frame rails, keeping the damage where it is. Plus the front bar weights under 10lbs and the rear is under 5. light weight.

If anyone locally wants anything like these made, you pay the 20 dollars for the metal I'm down. I guarantee nothing!
    Last edited by Warren; 03-07-2011 at 01:43 PM.
    BCWORKS

xx
    Last edited by Bangnscrape; 05-16-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangnscrape View Post
    Best guarantee ever lol.
    It keeps it exciting.
    BCWORKS

Yeah! Now I'm not the only one with ugly bumpers! At least yours can be hidden behind the plastic...
    1974 Suzuki GT380
    1981 Honda 250N Super Dream
    1981 VW Scirocco S
    2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 reg cab/reg box 4x4