Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMT project smashed AE

Quote Originally Posted by bunnta View Post
    the one thing i noticed about rebar, no matter how much u think. when you modify your car ride height, the bumper is lowered thus the contact point of the car is changed. i noticed a lot how most dent from rolla are rarely on the bumper. its like right underneath the rear lights. So maybe you might want to just scrap the whole point of the rebar unless another low car hit you. So lowered car is going to get hit more damaging then a stock rolla. But then again, you usually take safety out of proportion when you install something that isn't oem specification.
    so what you're saying is like 10lbs for the rolla is like 20lbs if a higher car hits you?
    Last edited by REN69; 04-02-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Follow my Supra Antics on Facebook ---> HERE!

sometimes you don't hit other cars though. Walls, trees etc, rebars will save your ass then. In this case though, looks like the bumper of the other car cleared the rollas bumper so at best it would have helped the car hold together better.

lol, oh i never thought about walls or trees lol. good point...i was only thinking about cars. ****ty deal though, a mint 86 taken out like that just literally suck.

u can buff that out

Did the driver's head make the seen damage to the windshield!?

the kink in the roof caused the glass to break, no one was in the car when it was hit.

visean is offline Yo, troubled night in the John
    That's so lame. I hope the rebuild goes smoothly

updates.

well she is almost done. it took a while as i was waiting for parts to come in and i was working on alot of other projects at the same time.

pics.
    engine in and running. need to make a intake system

slosh tank setup

ap 6 pot fronts. amt brackets

amt large rear disc kit

amt tribar

overflow bottle relocation

dash

Sad to see a perfectly clean shell scraped, at least the heart and soul lives on.

Excellent work as always Adam!

Q's : wats a slosh tank? and wat does 6 pot mean?
    "When you feel like you're going to sh!t yourself, that when you know you're doing it right"
    -Trigger Happy
    YESGUY tunniningg

narfy is offline gigidy gigidy... ooo right!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-nametaken View Post
    Q's : wats a slosh tank? and wat does 6 pot mean?
    slosh tank is a smaller gas tank that gets constantly filled with a low pressure transfer pump.. then the high pressure pump feeds the engine from the slosh tank... this is to prevent fuel starvation under higher G turning and braking and in this case, acceleration as well...

6 pot refers to the amount of pistons per front brake caliper... factory AE86 have one medium sized piston per caliper, and sliders... these 6 pot calipers have 6 very small pistons (3 per side of the rotor, opposing each other)...
    VZN185 - 32" BFG AT, OME suspension, ARB bumper, lightforce lights, TRD trans cooler, TRD exhaust, AMT sliders, budbuilt plates...
    ZN6 - stock with HIDs and LEDs...
    fng@regencyauto.com

nice looks good
    had fun once.......once.

very nice as always Adam.

You want this thread moved to Picture Post? Might be easier to find there in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by narfy View Post
    slosh tank is a smaller gas tank that gets constantly filled with a low pressure transfer pump.. then the high pressure pump feeds the engine from the slosh tank... this is to prevent fuel starvation under higher G turning and braking and in this case, acceleration as well...

6 pot refers to the amount of pistons per front brake caliper... factory AE86 have one medium sized piston per caliper, and sliders... these 6 pot calipers have 6 very small pistons (3 per side of the rotor, opposing each other)...
    thank you.
    "When you feel like you're going to sh!t yourself, that when you know you're doing it right"
    -Trigger Happy
    YESGUY tunniningg

I just noticed this thread and just wanted to comment on the excellent build! always quality work that is never rushed.

also, are the eyelids off the smashed car salvageable? I would buy them if they are available.
    Team おなに

Motor Village Crew unite!