Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Project Silly Celica.....*it runs, vid page11*

Quote Originally Posted by clay72 View Post
    So if math serves... twice the hp now?

Haha I wish, it's a bone stock engine in there right now. The built engine had an "issue" with a tank of bad husky94 and decided to damage a few Pistons, no damage to the rest of the engine thankfully but it's gonna need some new pistons
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL

Good seeing you again. Are you planning on coming up here again this summer?
    Bryan
    DK Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Old 'Rollas View Post
    Good seeing you again. Are you planning on coming up here again this summer?
    Not sure, possibly as I finally got the cooling issues solved in the car. Now it's just a matter of getting built motor fixed and in the car and putting some mileage on it

It's come a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way since we dragged it out of that yard dude. Can't wait to see it haulin' ass this year.

Last edited by Steve Groenink; 03-22-2016 at 12:49 PM.

Saw that on instaram yesterday. look out for that Vac truck!

That is stock bottom end still?
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Quote Originally Posted by clay72 View Post
    Saw that on instaram yesterday. look out for that Vac truck!

That is stock bottom end still?
    Yeah it's still the hurt stock bottom end, pukes some nice chocolate milk out of the valve cover breathers LOL

Pistons are ordered for the built motor. All the bores and everything checked out fine so it'll be a quick ball-hone and throw it back together! Should be about a month and then I'll get to FINALLY turn it up!

Decided to throw it on the dyno today, 16psi straight wastegate boost level, 100% unopened early 1uz with 250,000km on it. Made 690whp and 565ft-lbs on 94 octane husky pump gas

Built motor should be going back in in a few weeks when my Pistons arrive (had small issue with a sensor that was giving me an extra 30deg of timing)

So you rev the stock 1uz to 7500ish under boost? Your built motor will do that all day I know. But stock, naturally aspirated, as I knew its pointless much beyond 6, and I was thinking under boost id get away with 6500, but if I could get 7 on a stock motor, id be ecstatic as 2nd gear would be all I ever needed during autox.

I felt that the vac truck got a little close too, amazing how it just pushed the front end aside. I think you'll need a larger lot for that type of shenanigans if you were "only" at 690
    04' MR2 Spyder - E Street
    1uz AE101 - E Mod

Stock intake manifold is the biggest reason for the plummeting torque curve at 5500rpm. As you can see it's much better with my intake manifold, but yes with 3.42 rear gears and a 2.66 first gear the car will go 0-120kmh in first gear, definitely awesome for autox

The vac truck was still at least 15-20' away, only reason the car went sideways was because I had to drive through a puddle to avoid the big pile of dirt so the front tires were dirty/wet and one of the back tires was a little wet.

Quote Originally Posted by mxr View Post
    So you rev the stock 1uz to 7500ish under boost? Your built motor will do that all day I know. But stock, naturally aspirated, as I knew its pointless much beyond 6, and I was thinking under boost id get away with 6500, but if I could get 7 on a stock motor, id be ecstatic as 2nd gear would be all I ever needed during autox.

I felt that the vac truck got a little close too, amazing how it just pushed the front end aside. I think you'll need a larger lot for that type of shenanigans if you were "only" at 690

new moar better

man...
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Welp, third gear is no big deal. Time for fourth gear starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugwillis View Post
    Welp, third gear is no big deal. Time for fourth gear starts.
    Well the datalog says 3rd gear and 7800rpm is about 170ish km/h. That's a lot of wheel speed to try and reign in if **** goes south so I'll stick to 2nd/3rd lol

i need turbo(s). this continues to be very good.

oh my.
    Dean L.
    2007 Lexus LX470
    2000 Lexus LS400
    1985 Toyota Celica Supra 1JZ - 1JZ, restored
    1987 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ73

Well I figured it was time to finally make this thing capable of putting all that power to the ground

Out comes the scabbed together 8" axle, this things been through the wringer a few times, tearing link mounts in half multiple times LOL

Cleaned it down to the bare housing

Built a watts link locator to replace the panhard rod, this will keep the axle Centered to the body throughout the suspension stroke and prevent it from unsettling the tires through corners

Added the competition engineering parallel 4-link brackets and added some braces to the rear. This setup should hopefully give me the best of both worlds, traction in a straight line when I want it and with a quick damper setup change it should allow me some great cornering too!

I forgot to take some pics yesterday of the giant hole in the rear of the car where the new chromoly tubular frame rails and crossmember will be.

Got the frame rails and mounts in

Shocks, watts link, and some reinforcement braces tacked on

Added a couple cross braces

Couple more bars to add, then burn all the tubes in with the TIG, and then start adding some sheet metal to close it all in

Got the forged motor all back in and took it to the dyno yesterday....873whp/742ft-lbs@23psi and we called it quits for now, motors built for 32psi but I didn't really wanna risk breaking it before the season has even started. After summer I'll see what 30psi does but should be good for over 1000-1100whp lol

Got some new 315/35-17 Mickey Thompson ET street R drag radials going on the car tomorrow and then heading to the track Saturday to see if I can get the thing to hook and try to not get my ass kicked to the trailer for going too fast (only legal to 10.0 lol) Should be fun!

New burnout video!