Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Project Silly Celica.....*it runs, vid page11*

You're really pissing people off with this whole no numbers yet thing Steve.
    BCWORKS

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    You're really pissing people off with this whole no numbers yet thing Steve.
    lol trust me im just as annoyed, damn stupid snow and sub zero temps
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL

What's subzero?

I'm just jealous of your street car freedoms.
    HeatBloom - Street Style Since 2004
    https://www.facebook.com/HeatBloom

Amazing build!

It's coming along slowly but surely

How is pedal effort with those big brakes and no assist?
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Quote Originally Posted by clay72 View Post
    How is pedal effort with those big brakes and no assist?
    smaller master cylinder is your friend, accidentally made the mistake the first time and went to a ma70 1" bore thinking the 4piston fronts needed the extra fluid volume and I'd be ok, currently has an ae86 13/16" master cylinder and is very manageable, I have a 12" 4piston rear kit to go on the car as well so it should even out a little bit more

I'm considering going with a new tilton reverse mount floor pedal box setup where the master cylinders are reversed and sit under your heels which would great for this setup

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Groenink View Post
    smaller master cylinder is your friend, accidentally made the mistake the first time and went to a ma70 1" bore thinking the 4piston fronts needed the extra fluid volume and I'd be ok, currently has an ae86 13/16" master cylinder and is very manageable, I have a 12" 4piston rear kit to go on the car as well so it should even out a little bit more

I'm considering going with a new tilton reverse mount floor pedal box setup where the master cylinders are reversed and sit under your heels which would great for this setup

steve
    Wow Steve, I never even knew that under heel MC was a possibility. You just solved a big problem on my current project; Thank You!
    Epic Build by the way! I check in regularly as I am sure many others do too.
    Josh Danish is a Scammer

Quote Originally Posted by 77Celica View Post
    Wow Steve, I never even knew that under heel MC was a possibility. You just solved a big problem on my current project; Thank You!
    Epic Build by the way! I check in regularly as I am sure many others do too.
    Thanks dude, yeah the under mount is on the planned list but with how low my seats are currently mounted my plan is to build a box that's recessed into the floor to keep the heel height consistent to what it is now

Engine break in video

http://youtu.be/JPa8K_1txJU

Love how the rear lifts under load
    Sounds crazy, might just be my phone?

Sound isn't the best cause it just overpowers whatever microphone is used, yeah the lift is awesome but the opposite of what I need to make traction. Rear suspension re-vamp is next on the to-do list

tommy is offline Redneck engineer/machinist
    Too much anti-squat but it sounds sooo awesome!
    TE31 1977 - 2T-B (traded)
    KE20 1974 - Destroked 7A, project "bigblock A meets peanut" Link to build thread (Sold)
    AE95 1990 - 4A-GZE daily driven wagon...

soooo.... dyno numbers yet?

Steve, I think this is the longest on going build I've seen since I've met you. Also..... more burnouts.
    Last edited by Muttle; 03-06-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Fair bit of progress, after the break in, and fixing some low oil pressure and high coolant temp issues that are all sorted out I pulled a couple main and rod caps and checked the bearings and wasn't totally happy with what I saw so I yanked the engine out and sent it up to my engine builder for him to clean it up and re-bearing it and I should have it back next weekend but in the meantime I had quite a few engine bay projects to finish namely the triangulation bars and the headlight/hood hinge mounting plates

So I measured up and drew out the mounting plates to cut on my cnc plasma table

wrinkle powder coated and mounted them

And mounted everything up. Hood hinges fit great now, headlights, signal and corner lights all line up like they're supposed to. Hood and fender gaps are all good as well. This is an incredibly complex thing to get figured out when you tube frame a car with a front flip hood and want to use as much stock parts as possible ie hinges etc

hood closed front view, ignore the hood-fender alignment on the right side of the pic, its fixed and just wasn't sitting quite right in the pic

A small pet peeve of mine is when you have a beautifully painted body held on by bright shiny new bolts, so I made this metal fixture to hold my fender bolts and washers while I powdercoated them a colour very close to the paint colour of the car

finished Bolts

Exhaust is heading to the ceramic coater next week for a nice polished finished coating then I can move onto re-wiring the entire car with a new painless wiring kit
    Last edited by Steve Groenink; 04-12-2015 at 07:35 PM.

yes! loving the ideas!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age
    "The Miata will get some compliments along with some ?hairdresser? comments and odd looks from the average public, enthusiasts are never really sure if you are a stance guy, a drifter, or a homosexual"
    BUILD THREAD!!!
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...-pics-page-5!*

did you make your own hinges?

Quote Originally Posted by 76RA24 View Post
    did you make your own hinges?
    Nope, stock hinges, had a good set lying around. That's kind of what made the tube frame a huge pain in the ass was getting everything exactly in the right place spacially

Got some of the new parts I've been waiting for

New pedal setup!

And the new painless 26 circuit full chassis harness.

Lots of work to do in the next 4 weeks before I take it to the track on June 5th, picking the engine back up on Wednesday (had it re-ringed and bearing'd due to some oil pressure issues I had last fall, didn't hurt anything but wasn't hppy with how it looked)