Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boro-Ruko Build

Boro-Ruko Build

EDIT: Link to where original build thread http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...-Build-up-AE86

I'm not really much for build threads because I take so long to do stuff.. but after 3 years I'm finally liking how the car looks so here's some pics I took the other night.

I hate my rear USDM bumper now.. it's messing with the lines so much. I could cut 1 or 2 coils out of the rear springs ro drop it down to the same height as the front but it already rubs like mad with severe pounding of the wells.
    Last edited by Special K; 07-14-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: edit: added original build link

nice hatch. wheel fitmint looks good

i love how dirty this looks.badass dude
    1988 cressida-current project
    1985 corolla gts-sold
    1984 cressida-sold
    1974 peanut-sold
    1977 corolla wagoon-dave vickers

post some non-HDR shots so we know what the car looks like
    looks like its better than boro (its a compliment)

owned vehicles
    92 LN130 | 76 MX13 | 87 Civic | 87 AE86 | 93 VZN105 | 81 TE72W | 85 RA64 | 85 AE86 | 93 RN130

Roxer is offline is a whore for his corolla
    badass! I love HDR photography

Man, I just love how DIRRTY she looks in HDR! But to I have to agree with Leboe, let's see how she really looks with the lights on.

dutty tangz
    "When you feel like you're going to sh!t yourself, that when you know you're doing it right"
    -Trigger Happy
    YESGUY tunniningg

sorry, hdr just looks like ass.

like leboe said, any non-hdr shots to actaully see the car?

Nice, red zenki hachi's always look mean!

Quote Originally Posted by alg View Post
    nice, red zenki hachi's always look mean!
    +1
    1989 MX83 - Sold
    1985 AE86 Coupe - Sold
    1985 MX73 - Sold
    1984 AE86 Hatch - Project Car

Thanks for the compliments so far.

Quote Originally Posted by leboe View Post
    post some non-HDR shots so we know what the car looks like
    looks like its better than boro (its a compliment)
    I know.. I know.. this is extreme HDR abuse to create unnatural eye candy, but I don't feel bad if it's unnatural and the shadows are totally fake.. it just looks sweet and menacing! Maybe later on I'll spend some time with the originals in photoshop with GND filters and post them.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggy View Post
    sorry, hdr just looks like ass.

like leboe said, any non-hdr shots to actaully see the car?
    I'm by no means a purist photographer but I'm open to constructive critique... they look like ass doesn't really help me, lol

I'd like to get proper lighting equipment someday but for now, it's just a $30 tripod and a Nikon D80 with 18-70mm lens.

EDIT: oh ya, I used EV +/- 2.0 in 3 shots manual and adjusted shutter speed only.
    Last edited by Special K; 07-07-2010 at 01:32 PM.

So i guess this is supposed to be a build thread and I should talk about plans for the car.

Slated changes:

- Take out almost dead largeport and put in smallport.
    - Swap stock rear upper links back in. (after market ones keep on binding)
    - Figure out what in the world is causing my passenger front wheel to be like 2" sunken in compared to the drivers side.

Looks great!
    Did you use photomatix?
    What are the wheel/tire specs?

yup, photomatix.. hence why the photographers who know what they're doing are ticked, lol. (side note, anyone want to teach me the proper way to do realistic HDR, or does that exist?)

Wheels are repainted XXR 002's 15x8 0 offset. Tires are 195/50/15. I got Devin to extend my LCA's 1" and I'm running an 8mm spacer on the rears. Camber is about -3.5*

I tried -5* but didn't like it. -3.5* is still crazy. I get so much grip up front in the corners even with bald tires.

This is what the car looked like about 2 years ago for those that were asking:
    Last edited by Special K; 07-11-2010 at 08:48 PM.

*Sigh* -- Like I said earlier. How I wish my car looked as sick as yours.

Ray
    AE86 | Tacoma X-Runner
    4AGE 20V | 1GR-FE

Ray, your car is mint and boosted, how is that not sick? Mine is only low and slow, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Ray, your car is mint and boosted, how is that not sick? Mine is only low and slow, lol.
    Far from mint! I'm redoing it again. Boosted, yes. But you my friend, have fitment, and that's what counts.

We'll have to talk setups, because I'm totally stealing your look. Mowahah!

Ray
    AE86 | Tacoma X-Runner
    4AGE 20V | 1GR-FE

swapped my upper heim links out for the stock units. The lower links are still heim on each end. My binding issues are gone but I noticed a drop in feedback from the rear end. Not sure what I'll do in the future but am looking for harder bushings to at least bring back some of the feel.

Sooo... I need some expert help with timing. I'm trying to get everything together for the one drift practice I'll be able to make this year, Jul 21.

I've been able to time this engine from scratch no problem for the last 3 years and then I broke a timing belt and now I can't seem to get it right. It barley idles at like 7* with the plug jumpered, dizzy maxed and then it doesn't start at all when I move the dizzy a tooth in either direction.

I've gone over everything many times.

I'll start calling the local expert peeps, you know who you are I'm offering pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Sooo... I need some expert help with timing. I'm trying to get everything together for the one drift practice I'll be able to make this year, Jul 21.

I've been able to time this engine from scratch no problem for the last 3 years and then I broke a timing belt and now I can't seem to get it right. It barley idles at like 7* with the plug jumpered, dizzy maxed and then it doesn't start at all when I move the dizzy a tooth in either direction.

I've gone over everything many times.

I'll start calling the local expert peeps, you know who you are I'm offering pizza
    Text me where you live, I'll come over tomorrow (july 20) and we can fix this right up.
    Bryan
    DK Moderator