Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718

Thread: Can I Get A Soul Clap...

Pretty sure the 4 stroke dirtbikes running no mufflers are way louder than any car there. When I'm filming two feet away from the track my footage is always overwhelmed with ****ty dirtbike sounds. Never hear any complaints about that..?

You're right! Why haven't the drifters heard any complaints about the dirt bikers?
    BCWORKS

I was always told Corollas don't make smoke, they're too light.

.....Pftshhh

----------
    1985 Toyota Corolla GTS 1uzfe 6 speed
    1985 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ60.
    1997 Lexus LX450.

I really wish this thread was more about the amazing build that unfolded on Matts car rather than a discussion of noise regulations and bickering amongst people. Simple problem with a simple solution. Matts car is too noisy so we will put a muffler on it. Serge has been very understanding of the situation and these are the steps we will take to accommodate the noise regulations western (not Cap D)requires.

I do find it disturbing though to hear of "hate" through word of mouth and social media. Drifting has as been very kind to us at the shop and in particular Matt Tregear has been an amazing customer. We decided at the shop we needed to have a car competing that represented what we do at the shop. Seeing first hand how passionate and committed Matt is to driving and competing it was a no brainer he was our man. Throw on top that he and his father have a great attention to detail and that the car looks amazing it was a win win situation.

Considering many aspects of competitve drifting the 1uz was a perfect balance of weight and broad power curve. Matt agreed and the rest is history. I put my heart and soul into this build and put it together as I would have for myself. I feel the result was what we expected and the car is a very good mix of function and form. It looks like it was built at the Independent Speed Shop, not just supported by it.

After being involved with epic Japanese V8 builds such as Ian Fourniers R32 skyline, Greanies S13 and Trent's AE86 I would have expected another warm reception to the finishing of Matts car. I was surprised to find out that not every shared the sentiment and it is very discouraging to both me and Matt to put in this kind of effort and soul and have this be the result.

Matt let's get this thing back on Track. Share some more photos and how to's. There is a really good story here.

Also it should be noted many people worked on this car to get it done and they should be thanked.

First thanks to Matt and Neal for putting together such a competitive and well detailed chassis. Matt is lucky to have such a cool father, I would be jealous but I have a pretty cool step dad.

Second a big thanks to my shop partner Tommy. If you follow us on FB etc and you see some thing really cool Tommy most likely hand built it. He built a lot of parts in 2 days to get this car done.

Thanks to Kustom (Keith), our friend Matty, Greeny (Chris Scremin), and Fern with helping out with this crazy thrash.

Also a big thanks to all our ISS family: Rasta Racer, Neptune D Pete, Cody The Boss Ross, Ian Fournier, Trent, Kustom, Fern Airtime, Greeny, and who ever else I forgot. And thanks to any one who has brought us their car, or recommended us for work. Word of mouth has built The Independent Speed Shop and we appreciate.

Cheers,

Bill

If you think teasing him was bad about the V8 you should have heard about it when he went SR!
    BCWORKS

Thanks Bill for all your hard work.
    | www.CellBlockD.org - Vancouver Area Drift Events | www.driftsafari.com |

If you actually go back through all the comments Stupid Colby is the only negative one, haha.

Clearly everyone is jealous as ****.

It us just not about this thread but just the reception in general via word of mouth, social media etc. Jealousy I think would also fit into the hate category.

This is not my first rodeo and I have built many cars in the last 15 years (Kustom was apart of some of the craziest ones) so I am usually know what to expect when a car is finished but some of the reaction to this one has surprised me.

For the record, I think this car is incredible. I didn't intend for my comment to come off as negative. My apologies.

Good work guys. Can not wait to see it out there again. In the summer when the pavements hot, this thingg is going to be smoky.

Quote Originally Posted by pitobread View Post
    I saw this guy eat a whole bag of Jalape?o cheezits in one sitting. After that moment I would trust him with my life.
    1982 Toyota Hilux Pickup- Daily
    1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon- Track car

I don't know where you are getting this from, everyone on the island is stoked and buddies with Matt. But we are still going to rip on him. It's what friends do.

Where is this negativity? I don't see it.
    BCWORKS

I do not want to speak out of turn, nor am I trying to start a **** fight. My point is just that this was a cool build thread that had turned into a bit of bickering and discussions of noise constraints and I thought it would be nice to get on point. Peoples comments on this thread have been more than welcoming.

Outside of this forum the reception has been great as well but through thr grape vine there appears to be a small rumbling. Maybe I am misinformed or people are misconstrueing other people intentions.

I drive a Miata, you should hear what they say about me.
    1987 Corolla GTS Hatch | 1985 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1987 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1992 Tercel CE | 1992 Paseo | 2003 Corolla CE | 1974 Corolla 4 Door | 1978 Corolla Coupe | 1979 Corolla Hatch SR5 | <3||||||1990 Miata |||||| <3
    I like Toyota's wanna fight about it?

I love miatas.

I think this build is awesome. Both Matt and you Bill do some good work crazy detail. That turbo hatch you did was crazy too.
    Keep up the awesomeness!

Pretty F-ing sick Mr. T. I love it!

i love everything about this car and the work thats gone into it...BUT...that cage hurts my head when i sit in the car this car and my body dont work well together. i can not dance inside. i am dad

Matt, can you please clone me a branch from your money tree?
    jk. killer build as usual

You know what i think?

I think i should have make a brake booster work rather than going manual. NIce job. Also, I want to spin tires via V8 sooner than later.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Bringing this car out to DUI this year? Would love to see this thing in person.