Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I Get A Soul Clap...

VERY Ace build my friend, impressed with what the DK community has to offer.

Hey Matt, do you still have the high end misfire or did it go away?

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape

Quote Originally Posted by matt t View Post
    this the way you have your car?
    not the new car,(on the list) but red was set up that way kindof (if you mean sans prop valve)

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    Hey Matt, do you still have the high end misfire or did it go away?
    ya it did.
    i think you and Brett accidentally cured it by fixing the alternator/regulator problem.
    i can only assume its because it was trying to fire those coils on just battery juice and power the rest of the car on what was a total loss system.so as soon as i ran that wire you told me to, it was very rev happy.

Quote Originally Posted by g penny View Post
    not the new car,(on the list) but red was set up that way kindof (if you mean sans prop valve)
    ic,ic.
    did you just go that route with red to expirement?
    are you gona rig up some hydro handbrake on that monster?

Quote Originally Posted by ihateamerica View Post
    VERY Ace build my friend, impressed with what the DK community has to offer.
    thank you!
    yes, victoria DK is really lucky to have such a skilled community and the odd ALLSTAR technician(sunray).

Quote Originally Posted by matt t View Post
    ic,ic.
    did you just go that route with red to expirement?
    are you gona rig up some hydro handbrake on that monster?
    i was listening to some circle trackers. soaking up info.
    e-brakes are for the gays! no need around here. decel lock works fine lol

Quote Originally Posted by g penny View Post
    e-brakes are for the gays! no need around here. decel lock works fine lol
    LOL! Pretty sure I've never seen a 240sx driver initiate w/o e-brake

HCR84 is offline Shift With Your Left Hand!
    1/4 turn then 1/2 turn...thats all you need, E brakes are for hills.
    WTB: AE86 PIZZA CUTTERS ASAP!!!!!

I feel like my imput is on topic here as an ex 240sx driver.
    Initiation with ebrake is rad rad rad, even in a 240sx.
    just gotta make it manly. if your doing a little one you may as welll cltch kick, but long slides are all i want for christmas.

http://vimeo.com/13597804

We as our us.

The guys at and around OZ know whats up!
    still I think a flick from the inside would fetch more panties
    just my 2 cents
    back to you matt!

I want to argue this to the living end, but thats for another topic.
    BCWORKS

edit
    Last edited by matt t; 01-29-2011 at 10:40 PM.

I'm back from travelling now and spending money i didnt want to or have to spend. now i can play catch up.
    since the trial run at the CCD slush cup the car needed some attention,so back to the drawing board on some things ive done already.
    first off, the rear fenders.i was skeptical when i finished the final result and others had warned me too,that they needed to be recut and welded with the overs fitted.so i did just that.

rear overs fitted. i fastened them to the QP using these trick little riv-nuts.they work just like a rivet,inserting into the panel but have a 10-32 thread inside.i dont put them in every detent thats layed into the FG panel as its just not needed.i dont have any real good reason to be making these removeable as its more just what i wanted, and it looks great.
    rivnuts are aluminum-hardware is stainless.

ya, guess i forgot that there are 4 different styles and sizes of rear overs for these things....
    whatever,im kinda sick of the diamonds anyways, so it may be an excuse to go another route.

made some brackets for the dmax fronts,as they are garbage and naturally want to curve inward.(if thispic makes any sense)

front bumper fitted,generic vertex knock off. it actually fits not too bad considering...
    it mounts quickly and efficiently for speedy removal at the track.was never a fan of ziptying on bumpers but they certainly have there place.

difficult to see, but i got a flat sheet of abs plastic and cut it to fit perfectly from the bumper to the bottom rad support as a shroud,cuz ive heard that these things tend to run hot.anything helps right? abs was like $5 for a 12x24 sheet.

something desperately needed to be done with my handbrake. i NEVER used it previously, but first time with the sr, i found myself more comfortable with it, so the stubby needed to be adressed.i really like being able to lock it in place so i kept that function. added a shifter boot too,cuz i like that coroola touch.

yay, i have a fricken gas gauge now.this is a must.

HAH!

last pic made me laugh.

Those riv-nuts are sweet!

Oh, and as far as tsuchiya is concerned...no ebrake is to be applied. And if you do, it better not be noticeable.

Dragging into a corner is gay, only warren makes it cool, and he is allowed cause he has 5 hp.

so im confident im going 17's.criticize as you wish but the reality is,when i raid tire piles i come up with a trunkload of decent 17's ranging from 205/50's to 225/40's.
    the era of plentiful 14's and 15 's is over.this isnt set in stone, but i like what i have come up with so far.Junglematic's wheelthread is a perfect example, 13's are the small boobies and have that character when proportionate to the body and 17's are the big fake titties that can be just a little too much or just right if the torso permits.

17x9-10 i believe these were

17x9-32 i believe these were

this has been an issue since the frame pull.i knew the wheelbase was a bit "stretched"
    but 30mm longer is a bit much. so i took out my 4 links last night and machined them down enough to center the wheel again.
    even though my tension rods were maxed positive, but not enough,so those come out and get machined too for a lil bit mo caster.

so the fronts....oh the fronts.17x9-10 i believe these were. with camber plates at max +

cant run a wide body without touching the skirts....again black ABS, i love this stuff!, cheap,strong-ish and easy to work with.
    just used as an extension to mount the skirt to instead of the rocker.

sall for now...
    Last edited by matt t; 01-29-2011 at 09:58 PM.

bloody ingenious! (the skirt mounting)

Make sure to have a spare e brake handle. When I moved mine over like that it bent after a few full days off drifting. Awkward leverage against the pivot point. Hydro is where it's at anyways...
    BCWORKS

hm?dont see how that could happen but interesting still.hydro wins but money is less than scarce.
    plus i find this one does the job while mid-drift just not for an initiation.
    fkcing vbulletin,double posts.
    Last edited by matt t; 01-29-2011 at 10:36 PM.

I think the 17s look good, but will be easier to tell once we get full car pics with them on. Did you get those wheels off joel(platform garage)??

Quote Originally Posted by pitobread View Post
    I saw this guy eat a whole bag of Jalape?o cheezits in one sitting. After that moment I would trust him with my life.
    1982 Toyota Hilux Pickup- Daily
    1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon- Track car

I will post a picture of what happened to mine.
    BCWORKS