Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I Get A Soul Clap...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Groenink View Post
    Its all about fluid volume.

It is all about fluid volume. Rethink your statement.
    BCWORKS

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    It is all about fluid volume. Rethink your statement.

There is nothing to rethink, do I need to review grade school teaching about levers and fulcrum distances? A smaller bore master is "easier" or "requires less effort" to move because it's moving less fluid.

Steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL

Pulling the lever to do less work sounds like leverage to me. The smaller the bore, as long as it has enough volume to fill the rear calipers, will give you more power(dare I say leverage!) to the rear brakes.

Leverage in the system not in the lever. Unless you are fixed on the original definition of leverage.
    BCWORKS

The amount of fluid required to operate a caliper is a fixed amount, regardless of what size bore master cylinder you use you are only moving that required amount of fluid. The larger bore means a shorter distance of plunger movement "or handle movement" a smaller bored cylinder means the plunger moves more "or a longer stroke on lever"

Longer movement of your handbrake means you don't have to pull as hard to lock the rear wheels. And 5/8th (.650) bore k-Sport and Willwoods masters will fill stock corolla and 240 rear calipers easy.

So I hope thats a 5/8ths bore master Matt. And don't your dare use the word leverage in public.
    BCWORKS

The one I have is 3/4 bore
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastaracer View Post
    Ah yes, the elusive Mr. Watson returns to the old school Toyota forum...with a Datsun.

Yes, a smaller bore has greater advantage than a larger diameter master bore. Warren and Steve are absolutely correct with the hydraulic theory here just argue the same point from two perspectives as far as I can tell. Longer lever is not required, just change to smaller diameter master bore. But knock yourself out with a longer lever if you want.

Conversely, a larger diameter caliper bore will give an easier feel when pulling.

Visualize the combinations of gears on a mountain bike driveline.

EDIT** just to stop Steve and Warren, you guys are simply talking about mechanical advantage or fluid dynamic advantage. Same end result.
    Last edited by sunray; 02-07-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape

any new progress on this beach?

Quote Originally Posted by pitobread View Post
    I saw this guy eat a whole bag of Jalape?o cheezits in one sitting. After that moment I would trust him with my life.
    1982 Toyota Hilux Pickup- Daily
    1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon- Track car

666 is offline Tested positive for Corolla
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbskee View Post
    any new progress on this beach?
    yes. it rips.

1987 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon RIP donor to the 81'
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon *Now* 5spd Drifto
    1980 Toyota Corolla 4Spd Sedan
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon

so heres a pic of what the second version of the turdbo drain plumbing.
    like i said before, i ended up going to Lordco and searching through their preform 5/8 heater hoses looking for a sharp 90*.found one,cut off the 90 portion and combined it with the new 90* brass fitting going into the block, now there's lots of room.piece of mind.

Had to adress the rear wheels being far back in the well issue, i could only come to 1 conclusion after adjusting the 4 links as short as they'll go, that i just would have to shorten the links and re-threadin the heims.
    I ended up having to machine 15mm off each end of each 4 link,centering the diff back in the well and bringing the wheel base closer to stock,2410mm-ish
    These were some of the first sets of fourlinks that AdamTurbo made, his quality workmanship shows early in his work as he actually tapped each end of every link almost 20mm deeper than the heimjoint itself, it made this job much easier.
    Before moving the diff:

after installing those guys the car needed ANOTHER alignment and wanted to nail down the pinion angle while i was under there, to try an cure that nasty wheel hop i had.thats another story,lol.
    Last edited by matt t; 02-14-2011 at 08:41 AM.

im getting real quick at doing these string box alignments ,the price is right and for all intensive purposes, its very accurate.
    i would rather put it on a rack and shoot lasers at it but noone likes to do alignments fo free.
    i borrowed Benr's caster/camber gauge to even out the camber for side to side also, cause using the lines on the camber plates means nothing.
    this turned out to be interesting.this being nearly the same front end as what was in the last drift car, i was shocked to see what became of the figures.
    using the drivers side wheel as a base i started off with camber plates max + giving me -4* camber!!!!
    moving over to the pass. side i had to adjust my plate as much as half the slot of adjustment to equal it out!!!
    not excatly the amount of camber i was wanting to run but it'll have to do.
    Drove the car yesterday and today,wow it feels awesome.Engine pulls real hard and tracks straight and super responsive at the same time.
    heres some pictures of the car with the kit on it,meh,generic ae86.

Gpenny was somehow able to repair my old bend up ****ty Diamond that i hit the wall with and it only needed .5oz of weight. how he did it i dont know but now i have a sweet matching set of proper fitting front s once again. all hail GPenny
    how it looked after kissing turn 2:

Last edited by matt t; 02-14-2011 at 08:43 AM.

add green paint, and this car =

pretty much, huh?
    difficult to be original these dayz, when your main priority is getting bent.
    funny how i still cant decide on a colour ,when at the end of the day, it doesnt matter.

Paint the fibreglass panels black, and the metal parts sand down to bare metal, polish it, then clear coat it.

Quote Originally Posted by pitobread View Post
    I saw this guy eat a whole bag of Jalape?o cheezits in one sitting. After that moment I would trust him with my life.
    1982 Toyota Hilux Pickup- Daily
    1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon- Track car

matt paint it white and leave the lower part of the front and rear bumpers black and the bottom of the rockers or skirts black yumm

2jzge 5spd Mx83 Cressida

Quote Originally Posted by Will Garrick View Post
    matt paint it white and leave the lower part of the front and rear bumpers black and the bottom of the rockers or skirts black yumm
    Noooo
    BCWORKS

Bahaha ya I guess that's your steez lol

2jzge 5spd Mx83 Cressida

Quote Originally Posted by Will Garrick View Post
    done.best idear yet.
    jk Warren.

after a few months of browsing through Chromedragons thread, i think the next build i would do is either one similar to his or that same turbo/motor setup in a cressy.
    there's something super boner-sauce about his motor setup and the sound of Steve G.'s v8 that makes me crave more.
    This car hauls and feels confident but is it ever enough?

Matt H's car:
    Last edited by matt t; 02-14-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Never.

Also, your car needs more Christmas themed paint. Just because Christmas related items are some how offensive to people outside of the 'Christmas' months.
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

Quote Originally Posted by matt t View Post
    done.best idear yet.
    jk Warren.

after a few months of browsing through Chromedragons thread, i think the next build i would do is either one similar to his or that same turbo/motor setup in a cressy.
    there's something super boner-sauce about his motor setup and the sound of Steve G.'s v8 that makes me crave more.
    This car hauls and feels confident but is it ever enough?

Matt H's car:
    my name is steve's and i'm an addict, now follow along matt lol

and no its never enough and hence why i'm building a 500whp turbo 1uz celica lol although realistically a disco potato on your sr20 and you'll pull away at 150km/h+ cause the 1uz really falls flat in the upper rpm but its all that lovely torque thats addicting lol

steve