Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: '82 Corolla wagon

^ this, unless you find some suitable chrome bumpers

2jzge 5spd Mx83 Cressida

Trucks get away with roll pans, so will i, as far as the front bumper i think it looks like ass with something there, i have 2 ideas to cure that tho. (1) I have an mk2 supra front bumper cover, with some mods it will fit, or (2) fill the gap with some sheet metal
    OldSkoolCustoms

More old toyotas then common sense

I lined it up on my car, they look ****ty. from straight on they look ok when you can't see all the gaps and voids.
    BCWORKS

get a truck bumper like warrens TE has. looks excellent

Quote Originally Posted by pitobread View Post
    I saw this guy eat a whole bag of Jalape?o cheezits in one sitting. After that moment I would trust him with my life.
    1982 Toyota Hilux Pickup- Daily
    1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon- Track car

Roll pans are for minitrucks

2jzge 5spd Mx83 Cressida

Quote Originally Posted by Will Garrick View Post
    Roll pans are for minitrucks
    wagons are more useful than minitrucks, and you dont look mexican

owned vehicles
    92 LN130 | 76 MX13 | 87 Civic | 87 AE86 | 93 VZN105 | 81 TE72W | 85 RA64 | 85 AE86 | 93 RN130

I haven't had any issues yet with police about my lack of bumpers. The one I last spoke with said that he didn't even notice the lack of them on my car until I brought it up. If you can make the front smooth ie: your sheet metal idea and it looks clean and factory then I doubt they will notice either.

Just don't give them a reason to hastle you. Maybe fill the rear holes as well and paint it. With it low, it won't seem out of place.
    1974 Suzuki GT380
    1981 Honda 250N Super Dream
    1981 VW Scirocco S
    2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 reg cab/reg box 4x4

Today i made alot of progress. I had 2 of my friends come over and help/motivate me to finally put some effort into the wagon.....

i finally installed my welded diff. and i also put a weber 38 on the car, my car finally idles, may not be a big deal to you guys, but my car hasnt idle'd for about a year.
    The carb is mechanical secondarys, it pulls so much harder, but has a good amount of hesitation, mind you i tuned it by ear and it could probably use a better tune/timing.

cutting the stock spacer.....

weber 38 dgas installed (manual choke,mechanical secondarys)

enlisted my friends..

empty housing.

welded diff installed!

proof of welded diff in my private testing grounds.. aka my driveway!
    Last edited by oldskoolcool; 04-18-2011 at 12:29 AM. Reason: misprint
    OldSkoolCustoms

nice man! i need to find a carb to throw on my wagon

owned vehicles
    92 LN130 | 76 MX13 | 87 Civic | 87 AE86 | 93 VZN105 | 81 TE72W | 85 RA64 | 85 AE86 | 93 RN130

Sick wheel hop. Will. It be down for Friday?
    BCWORKS

it wasnt wheel hop ya hater it was me inching forward in the driveway... Last time i got wheelhop my muffler fell off

I will be down for friday, but i said im going to volunteer so i wont be participating, im gonna try to get a lap or 2 however if i can find a helmut
    OldSkoolCustoms

flipped d slots.... cant get to my valve but it aint no thing...

OldSkoolCustoms

Trucks have frame rails. Your car has stamped sheet metal. Make bumpers. Or bumperets like the vw bug guys do.. Dont test the cops they always win.

coldstar064@gmail.com
    250-818-6183
    ^yes it's what you thought it was^

Hahahaha...shocker mirror FTW

Today was a productive day for the progression of the wagon...

woke up at 4am this morning to take my girlfriend to the airport, drank way to much coffee and couldnt sleep so i started polishing the D slots.. (i had used muratic acid to clean them it left them greenish but alot alot cleaner) so 6am in my driveway i was using S.O.S. pads and steel wool to clean the wheels up, they look pretty good now, far
    from perfect but my fingers were only down for so much abuse..

Then i got really ambitious and borrowed an air compressor from my good friend Jon. I came home with it and began working on the rear end, i finally pulled the leaf springs out and took them to a spring shop. the plan is a cash job to keep it cheap, and since i have the girlfriends car for a week theres no rush. which in turn keeps my cost's low...
    The shop is going to add a leaf, then make me u-bolts and blocks. i was going to go for 3" lower but i settled for 2 1/2. Now i just need to sort out a shock choice.
    (THANK YOU TO GRANT KOZIER... he sent me to HUB CITY SPRINGS and his good rep is getting me the good deal..)
    OldSkoolCustoms

right arm! Glad they could help you out on the cheap
    PICS!

got it back together. there was a mix up and block's were not made. but there sorting it all out for me. I cant complain considering they did it for 100$ less then i was quoted.

Its alot stiffer with the extra leaf added and camaro rears. no more wheelhop on brakestands anymore.

picked up some 81 taillights. traded some older guy for his. straight up... sweet deal.
    And obviously flipped Dslots are illest
    Last edited by oldskoolcool; 06-24-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    OldSkoolCustoms

wow i haven't updated this in awhile.

lets see where I've been, ordered a wideband for tuning went to october cap-d Sheared an axle on my 1st lap.. fixed it in the parking lot of western speedway! thanks to all the rolla guys who helped me out your all solid bro's!

Then today the 1st snow day of the year, i warmed up my poor little wagon, got to the end of my driveway tapped the throttle and threw what i believe to be a bottom end bearing probably #3. its knocking harder then the cops @ a grow-op... so i guess the wagons parked for the winter now. i have another 3tc, all stock i may just frankenstien another 3tc together to get it mobile. but i think instead I'm just going to mill around on it and buy a sweet swap of some sort, so for now I'm going to be picking up a 2000 civic.... i know hondas are pure fail, but for the price i can't complain
    OldSkoolCustoms

I'll sell you the 4ag setup from the red car that got smashed for cheap. This thing is ****in cool but 4ag would be awesome

sorry to hear about the rod knock. but thanks for the radiator… I really need to do something about my carb soon.
    My Blog CarJunkies