Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Sort of toyota-ish....

Wow those are some great links...I have been staring at every car I drive by for months trying to pick out some decent looking flares. Its literally making me crazy.

Tranny is an R150, adapter plate is from NorthWest Fab on Vancouver Island. http://www.northwestfab.com/ Not sure its even listed on their site.

Just gluing it together now....i'm fighting the line between race car and street car....I like race car because its faster and easier, and I by no means want this to be a nerdy show car. But I think its looking pretty cool.

[QUOTE=616racing;371739]Yes, it would be bottoming tire to body, if i didnt limit it with bump stops. I've been flare hunting for months, it would sure save me a lot of time. Got any ideas? The wire frame is just for a guide, it will all be built out of 20g steel, so it will likely weigh around a pound at the most.

oh gosh man, i REALLY apologize for not getting back to you sooner! I've been working to get mine going, tomorrow I'll need some driveshaft to rear axle bolts and hopefully later this week i'll have a little run around on my street...

ANYWAY back to yours.. flare hunting sucks.. i think you're on the right track with the steel frame, BUT what about this.. try mocking up with some bristol board (dollar store stuff) and tape, spend a few bucks and cut and add until you've got a design you're fairly happy with, once you have that you could simply weld that right to the car? while it won't have any mesh underneath, because it's curved it will have strength.. AND if you put a propper stock style lip on it, it will have even more rigidity.. just a thought.. the idea came from some flares i had seen made from fiberglass.. that and mark.. he's also another 1uz guy like you and i.. hmmm might be a good idea to check his build thread? markstoys.. he's on here and lextreme.. his build is pretty amazing.. he's also nearly done... take a look.. could work out well

also.. race cars are nice.. but then you can only drive your car SOME of the time.. and that kinda sucks.. street car ftw!

Ya I saw markstoys a while ago...I was amazed that he and I are doing almost the same build, just with different bodies. I didn't know he was on here too!

I think I have it figured for flares now, i've cut and stretched the quarters just a bit more, and I think with the factory lip welded back on it will clear nicely.

Anyhow, got some time to work on it today.

started adding some metal where it was missing and turned this:

Into this piece:

I got it another 1.5" at least lower today too, I'm hoping it can stay at this ride height, I will move the coil buckets if I have to. :P

oh wow.... this willl be so awesome when its done,

mad props on custom body work

1991 Tercel 4A-GEsmallport RIP 09/02/2011 - - 1993 Supra.
    05 IS300 Daily

wow from hard core wheeler to street racer.. needs more boobs
    had fun once.......once.

always needs moar boobs

1UZPWR is offline More projects than friends
    Wow how didn't I see this thread
    I'm late to the game with this suggestion, but for flares (if the original lip idea doesn't work or you change your mind), have you looked at cutting up motorcycle fenders?
    Damn, if I you still have that console and hood from the SC I should really try harder to find a truck eh?
    92 SC400-Stock, reliable, quiet and comfy.
    92 SC400-Sold the remains for $300
    87 Skoda Estelle-The unstoppable snow machine.
    86 Skoda Rapid-It will be fast someday
    82 Corolla-4AG'd!

LOL believe it or not its still here. I didnt think about motorcycle fenders...hmmm

Starting to look like a car again, and made some coilover adapters to ditch the stock strut things.

I hate how you always just post one pic, when I want to see like 30 lol. This car is absolutely awesome, keep it going!

lol i only took two....now i can roll it outside and get some better shots.

what coilovers are you using? looks like your having fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age
    "The Miata will get some compliments along with some ?hairdresser? comments and odd looks from the average public, enthusiasts are never really sure if you are a stance guy, a drifter, or a homosexual"
    BUILD THREAD!!!
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...-pics-page-5!*

These are some AFCO's I had lying around...14" stroke, im not even sure of the valving in them, but they are easy to revalve when the time comes.

nice work! afco's look like awesome shocks from what i've seen! I've never had experience with them because of the applications I've had, but one day I suspect some dealings with them.
    those over exposed photos are REAL nice
    I like them.

Thanks man, the afcos are from a circle track car or something, so the valving will likely have to change. Iphone photos FTW.

so rad dude. cant wait to see this thing rolling proper!

In Toyota, we rust.

Love this damn car, now hurry up and git'r'done!

LOL j/k

no seriously get it done!

haha

steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL

Im trying! After this race weekend I will have time again! Weeeeeeeeee!