Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Speed Hero: Corolla Community parts collection.

Good luck i like the idea!

Icon14

I may not have parts to contribute, but I like to work on cars (be it fixing or just disassembling).. I'd love to get my hands dirty some time, maybe trade my work for your parts? Or just help out when I can, as an enthusiast I like to see these cars on the road too!

Who knows? Maybe with the combined excellence of 2 or more of us, we could build some sort of Franken-Rolla that would otherwise be unheard of..

Quote Originally Posted by Matchless
    Sticky!
    +1, it sounds like Quinn's got something going with this..
    Corollas just aren't Corollas anymore.

lol I've got 3 Corollas to part out this week. Feel free to come help in the evenings. There's a thread for it in the free section.
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

this is a killer idea. good on ya. i am a old car guy as well. also buidlinga 50 dodge truck on a s10 chassi. was thinking of usinga toyota motor maybe.
    i will see what i have laying around, i do have a stock gas tank and rad from my 50 dodge if you want it. i also have a full size truck to haul stuff if ya need something moved.
    Jay
    74 corolla, 96 jetta VR6, 90 f250 4x4, ktm 250sxf, 50 dodge truck

Nice!! Do it! I need a 4age 16V crank pulley for my swap, a starter, fuel filter, some other bits...

Quote Originally Posted by silky View Post
    I have quit e a huge inventory of ae86 parts maybe I and Answer could start an inventory in quebec... I 'll talk to him about it and post the inventory items i got.
    1984 blacktop coupe
    1982 Corolla wagon - STOLEN

This is such a cool idea! I was already planning on it, but now it's final, I am moving to BC!!!
    If I were to need something in the future, would it be possible to pay for the shipping and have something sent to me? Just wondering...

No, this whole thing is on hold right now. My life is a mess.
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

Last edited by aecacia; 03-23-2011 at 02:54 PM.
    Just a Corolla Girl living in a material world.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoQuinn View Post
    No, this whole thing is on hold right now. My life is a mess.
    you should have taken my free tercel! hope things get better...
    Dean L.
    2007 Lexus LX470
    2000 Lexus LS400
    1985 Toyota Celica Supra 1JZ - 1JZ, restored
    1987 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ73

I thought I could bite my tongue on this issue....but I can't.

Of course this is a good idea. For all of you.

Quinn is offering all his free time to basically strip cars, amass a collection of old parts in a would-be Toyota junkyard on whatever property is available to him, and give them to whoever wants them.

Sorry guys, but are you all smoking crack? This would be a feasible plan for a retiree that has gobs of money, free time, and space.

Quinn, seriously, WTF are you doing? Most people here are cheap enough as it is, you don't need to dedicate your life to lowering the bar on already cheap old car parts.

To any of you that are actually planning on getting involved in this, congratulations, you're taking advantage of someone for your own gain. Stop being so ****ing cheap and learn to PAY for your car parts, just like everyone else does. This stuff is cheap to begin with.

Thanks,
    Migs

1986 GT-S Hatchback, 2002 IS300 5MT w/LSD, 1991 22RE 4x4 Pickup

No parts for migs. Party pooper.
    Last edited by Warren; 03-24-2011 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Colbee
    BCWORKS

driftwest

Quote Originally Posted by pitobread View Post
    I saw this guy eat a whole bag of Jalape?o cheezits in one sitting. After that moment I would trust him with my life.
    1982 Toyota Hilux Pickup- Daily
    1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon- Track car

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    No parts for migs. Party pooper.
    I'm not worried. I have more useful car parts than all of you neo-car-hippies combined

Migs

1986 GT-S Hatchback, 2002 IS300 5MT w/LSD, 1991 22RE 4x4 Pickup

You know none of us dude.
    BCWORKS

anyone have some 3/4 tonn pickup axles?

In Toyota, we rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Migs View Post
    I'm not worried. I have more useful car parts than all of you neo-car-hippies combined

Migs
    Phrase Coined!!

Quinn... Migs is right... you're wasting your time... It may seem like the nice thing to do but you should really think of yourself, charity starts at home. Get something going where by you can make some money instead of getting taken advantage of... I charge my friends for work... and they don't mind paying, because that's what I do. What happened to importing car parts from Japan? there's totally a market for it and if you could cut the shipping and other charges down for buying cool JDM stuff than you could make some good cash, and probably gain access to the kind of parts you actually want instead of having rusty old crap cluttering up your girlfriend's front lawn... that kind of stuff doesn't fly with girls for too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by b-rock View Post
    -1 for mean spiritedness.

What comes around goes around. Quinns gotten parts he's needed as well through the exchange program...which reminds me, I never got that cross member.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrabbitslim View Post
    Phrase Coined!!

Quinn... Migs is right... you're wasting your time... It may seem like the nice thing to do but you should really think of yourself, charity starts at home. Get something going where by you can make some money instead of getting taken advantage of... I charge my friends for work... and they don't mind paying, because that's what I do. What happened to importing car parts from Japan? there's totally a market for it and if you could cut the shipping and other charges down for buying cool JDM stuff than you could make some good cash, and probably gain access to the kind of parts you actually want instead of having rusty old crap cluttering up your girlfriend's front lawn... that kind of stuff doesn't fly with girls for too long.
    Again, you guys have no idea whats going on here. He is benefiting greatly and has imported cars. His situation may seem simple through the little blips you hear on the internet.

Also Rasta, I'm grabbing yours from Chris today, I am going to compare them then bring you the one from Quinn's E7. If I come to van or when you come to the next capd (22nd). If you need it before then we can work something out.
    BCWORKS

Lolbertain's arnt making any friends here...
    All the victoria folks on dk I've met are some of the most unselfish people I've ever met...

owned vehicles
    92 LN130 | 76 MX13 | 87 Civic | 87 AE86 | 93 VZN105 | 81 TE72W | 85 RA64 | 85 AE86 | 93 RN130

You guys don't realize that Quinn does this because he wants to, not because someone forced him to. What we take from the parts collection we repay with other parts, or services for Quinn. It's not all taketaketake.
    Also, .. this isn't a contest for who has the most parts. The last time I had a contest like that I was 6 years old, and it was over Barbies.
    Just a Corolla Girl living in a material world.