Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crazy custom AE86

crazy custom AE86

im building a racing AE for track use. it is actually powered by a mazda mx6 turbo motor, the motor is fully built to 220hp and 300ftlbs of tourqe. IHI turbo, front mount ic, deltagate waste gate, and alot more.

the car has lexan windows all around the rear one has the feul filler built into it. feul cell in the back.tokico hts dampers with custom coilovers, custom big brakes. wilwood 4 pot up front with 11.5 inch 300zx rotors, wilwood 2 pot in rear with 11.5 inch 300zx rotors. custom upright hydrolic e -brake.

the car is currently in the body shop and will hopefully be done by november.

the whole project was built by me in my machine shop here in vancouver B.C. this isnt the first car i have built,

this is my dads rally AE wich i had helped build.

this is my mx6, wich my motor is from for the AE

Looks like an awesome project, cant wait to see pics of when its done

steve
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL

is that the skyline lookalike mx6?

if so sweet car ive seen it a couple times.

Welcome aboard Adam! Nice car - you guys sure build some cool AE86 'hybrids'. First the 22R powered GT-S and now this.
    BTW, I first met Scott and your dad at Edge of the Rock Rally 98, competing with the black All-trac. Unfortunately a strut went through the tower on that event. Then you guys came back to "Edge" in 2000 with the same car and won that event outright. I was a stage worker both times! Please pass on my best wishes to them for PFR '04!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1987 Audi 5000S Quattro
    1986 Audi 5000CD Quattro

my dad and bros will be going to the pacific forest rally this weekend. look for them driving the new beast. we just picked up a 1995 subaru sti ver3. we just finnished building it up to run the event. it still needs paint and body work though. it is white, righthand drive. we got it at an amazing deal with full spares package and homologation papers. it was an official 555 subaru car.
    and yes that is the skyline look alike mx6. R32 tail lights and headlights, along with other mods.

Backonthewagonsan is offline Artist formerly known as truenosan/selloutsan
    man i want the ver 3. is it legally insured in BC?
    Old car: 1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S

Current Cars: 2013 Scion FR-S, 1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S (project car)

Nice bumpers. I want a set of those made up for my car. What would you guys charge to build bumpers out of 2" square aluminum tube to fit the NADM bumper skins?
    - Brian

we had help with transport canada, since this is a competition vehicle we were able to get registration. we can insure it for street use.

as for bumper reenforcment, i can make what you need, but i need the car and bumper at the shop to put something together. price would be around 1hundred.

oooHhhhHHh i remember u...
    i guess drifitng in an ff was no fun when u hit a pole LOL
    sorry man im joking but yeah i saw u at drifterz inc drift day awhen u smoked that pole..
    anyway yeah ur cars super nice! u gotta bring out to our drift events!

Quote Originally Posted by adamturbo
    we had help with transport canada, since this is a competition vehicle we were able to get registration. we can insure it for street use.

as for bumper reenforcment, i can make what you need, but i need the car and bumper at the shop to put something together. price would be around 1hundred.

Can you explain how you modified the hubs to fit on the 300ZX brake rotors and the Willwood calipers for both front and rear? What brake master cylinder are you using? Stock? What transmission are you using on the car and did you have to custom make a bellhousing for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by adamturbo
    That's awesome. I'll stop by and we can discuss drop off times, etc.
    - Brian

before the motor went in i had to move part of the firewall back 5 inches for clearance. the throtle body had to be relocated to the other side of the intake plenum, the toyota power steering pump got mated to the mazda motor.

the mx6 front wheel drive motor im using bolts directly to the mazda B2200 rear wheel drive truck tranny. therfore i am using the truck tranny. the drive shaft has been modified so that it mates to the tranny.
    As for brakes. the front hubs are stock toyota units. i pulled the rotors off and re mounted the hubs. the 300zx rotors are drilled for 5x114.3 i re drilled them for 4x114.3. the rotors then slip over the studs and are now mounted on the outside( easy replacement) . the rear was basically the same process. the calipers are wilwood dynolite 4 pot and 2 pot. the master cylinder is also wilwood. the master bolts on directly to the stock booster. i can supply part numbers if needed. all the brake lines are braided or solid. the caliper brakets i machined at my shop.

this image is of the wastegate exhaust

feul cell, feul lines, rear stiffening brace

you can see the bigger wilwood master cylinder in this pic

tranny mount for B2200 tranny

Hey I got another interesting project I probably will need your help: My friend bought a Morris Mini cooper and he would like to install a Honda D15B or D16B (SOHC VTEC) engine to his car. We know we need custom drive shafts and a Civic front clip etc but there is one very serious problem we cannot solve: the engine cradle. We need to modify the stock Mini engine cradle to sit a Honda engine in it I wonder if you might want to take on the job...

Something like this:

modified stock mini engine cradle with 2 engine mounts welded on both ends and dimensions altered. This cradle will still be able to take the stock control arms and suspension of a regular Mini though.

Here you can see clearly the engine mount both sides.
    hit me back with PM or e-mail me at akinaspeedstarsAE86@hotmail.com
    Last edited by 1985trueno; 10-13-2004 at 02:06 AM.

where did you get your fender flairs? what company are they? and what are the specs? like how wide did they stick out? 30mm? 40mm?
    Mat 83 GTS Hatch 87 GTSR5 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

flares are jubiride. they stick out aprox 1.75 -2 inches. i get my parts from ross at www.jdmrus.com . i have known him for a while and do work on his cars aswell.

how much did you pay for all four. those are actually the ones im getting this winter.
    If only I put the same amount of effort into my schooling as I do my car. Education is important, but racecar is importanter.
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

do you nkow if i need special ones for a levin? or will they all fit the same?
    Stuff I'm Selling
    IG Mattyballz86

Thanks for all the info, adamsturbo. Your project is very interesting and I would like to hear more!! I like how you put upgraded the brakes like that, but I don't understand why you chose the MX6 engine over anything else. Just wanted to be different or is there something great about the MX6 engine besides the torque?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

the reasons i went with the mx6 motor were. 1st i already have it and it is fully built. 2nd i cant afford to build a toyota motor for the car.

flares for the levin im told are the same. price is somewhere around 600 all 4 but dont quote me on that.

hehe 16v mini i presume a honda city engine check out this link you might find what you need for the engine cradle http://www.16vminiclub.com/