Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pros and cons 240 or ae86

If you have drifted a 240, and still want to drift a corolla, you are part of a small crowd of crazy nut bags and should be committed...

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by corod View Post
    If you have drifted a 240, and still want to drift a corolla, you are part of a small crowd of crazy nut bags and should be committed...
    I could not believe how much easier it is do slide an S-chassis in comparison to a Corolla. But, that taken into consideration I don't ride the bandwagon, my vehicles are different from the average drift car/4x4. It takes more skill, money, and time; but at the end of the day I'm happy as hell in my Corolla. It's more a lifestyle than anything really.

----------
    1985 Toyota Corolla GTS 1uzfe 6 speed
    1985 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ60.
    1997 Lexus LX450.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    so... s14s crash, s13s burn? crash n burn. LOL

Follow my Supra Antics on Facebook ---> HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by always-sidewayz View Post
    not scared to work on cars, dont have a garage or a nice place to work. and i didnt smash it someone rear ended me in it cause girls cant drive
    if you have no where to work, and aren't prepped to work- you should not participate in any form of motorsport.

the chances of you breaking something SIMPLE like a tie rod or water pump are very large...if you can't manage to fix that- you're going to be spending 100% of your time beside your car, on a flatbed tow truck. paying shops to fix problems like that, gets exponentially expensive.

regardless of what car you own, you need: a suitable place to work, a full set of tools (wrenches and sockets/ratchets), a jack and jackstands/blocks of some sort, rags, hammers, screw drivers, etc. all very simple, but required.

without the basics, you're hopeless..

In Toyota, we rust.

buy a 240, Pete always needs more customers. :P
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

666 is offline Tested positive for Corolla
    man look at all those used fire extinguishers!

1987 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon RIP donor to the 81'
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon *Now* 5spd Drifto
    1980 Toyota Corolla 4Spd Sedan
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 666 View Post
    man look at all those used fire extinguishers!
    what a waste...

1970 KE17 Project
    1969 KE10 Slider

Quote Originally Posted by Cbergerud View Post
    what a waste...
    this made my day

Quote Originally Posted by J-Min View Post
    if you have no where to work, and aren't prepped to work- you should not participate in any form of motorsport.

the chances of you breaking something SIMPLE like a tie rod or water pump are very large...if you can't manage to fix that- you're going to be spending 100% of your time beside your car, on a flatbed tow truck. paying shops to fix problems like that, gets exponentially expensive.

regardless of what car you own, you need: a suitable place to work, a full set of tools (wrenches and sockets/ratchets), a jack and jackstands/blocks of some sort, rags, hammers, screw drivers, etc. all very simple, but required.

without the basics, you're hopeless..
    This!

you either need a place to do it.. or lots of money to pay some else to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhoffa View Post
    -post count 5
    -scared of working on a car
    -smashed up last car
    -username is always-sideways, so he's never been sideways. Buy a CRV and get 90 degree drift.

240SX it is.... bolt on parts requiring no skill to install, cheap as dog poop, JDM tyte drift can. You were made for each other.
    fixed.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

I'm going to step up and give you the real advice, because you're pretty much getting thugged to the point of oblivion right now, and you might be 15 so I feel kindof bad for you.

There isn't much reason to buy a AE86 anymore, because cool japanese cars are everywhere and are very cheap.
    I bought a Corolla because I met people who had them, and they were way cooler than people with 240's at the time.
    Some were big into autoX and some were big into drifting and most were actually good at driving. I didn't have a place to work on my stuff, but I did so in my back alley for a long time.

If you have friends with garages and cool cars, you need to be good to them - They will help your ass out big time.

I bought an 86 and it broke on the way home 10km down the road. Expect this to happen 5 times a month until you have replaced everything. Then if you drive it all year long, expect the same to happen on long trips at the most inappropriate moments. If you can't adapt and ******-rig something on the fly to get your ass there, you will have to learn or be destroyed.

Lots of people don't have the guts or stupidity to drive an ae86. They are straight up slow, ugly (or at least are for years until you get it right), and a pain in the ass. They're kindof fun to drive though.

That's all I have to say about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    i like to go into lordco and just yell into the mufflers they have in stock until i find one that tickles my fancy
    Wisdom from NeptuneD on choosing mufflers for exhaust note

Please chose something other than an AE86 to destroy.

so we are all in agreement.

dont buy an ae86

Unless you are a little crazy, and a glutton for punishment.
    Oh and you don't feel the need to procreate

If you're the type of person who's going to have a broken car it doesn't matter is you get an AE86 or S13. They are both going to break all the time and look like crap.

I've seen busted AEs and I've seen even more busted S13s. The S13 kids out here are just as bad as the 86 guys. 86 will take way more of a beating and keep going though.

Either car that you get, an SR20 and coilovers is all you need to make it good. It's much easier to do for an s13 though.

S13=easy make good
    AE86=hard to make good

But when an 86 is good...omg the fun. omg. S13 will always be boring.
    Anyone that has moved on from the chassis always has mixed feelings. Ya it's a bitch to keep it going, but it's very rewarding.

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by corod View Post
    Ya like this guy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastaracer View Post
    Ah yes, the elusive Mr. Watson returns to the old school Toyota forum...with a Datsun.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    If you're the type of person who's going to have a broken car it doesn't matter is you get an AE86 or S13. They are both going to break all the time and look like crap.
    But the difference between a broken S-chassis and a broken AE86 is that you are almost guaranteed to have the part you need for an s13 on every end of your city; a Corolla, you're going to be waiting for the mailman.

----------
    1985 Toyota Corolla GTS 1uzfe 6 speed
    1985 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ60.
    1997 Lexus LX450.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    But the difference between a broken S-chassis and a broken AE86 is that you are almost guaranteed to have the part you need for an s13 on every end of your city; a Corolla, you're going to be waiting for the mailman.
    86 to 89 is 3 years. They are both getting rare.
    But ya, there are probably more S13s around. Parts are cheaper too, especially aftermarket.

RETIRED

S-chassis. 89-93
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport