Ditch the wing!

1995 Toyota LandCruiser - Diesel/24V/5spd/Locked
    1999 Toyota Mark II - 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by EDub_ View Post
    Ditch the wing!
    Yeah.. who would want downforce?

Quite the comment coming from someone who has:

"1989 Toyota Supra Turbo/Targa/Auto" in his sig

Wow, those 8J's are still poking out after the N2 overs.
    Damn.
    Does that suck? Because I think that sucks, you wont come close to fitting 10's with matching rubber.
    So thats got a full S-chassis in it?

Crazy coupe though.
    What are your plans with it?

are people serious about all the wheel fitment comments? i can't tell if its sarcasm or i should stab myself in the throat.

glad you're still around man, the car looks rediculous already

I am.
    I know if I had a s chassis with a SR I'd want more then 195's on the thing.
    Or maybe I just dont get it.

Obviously those are just on there to keep the car rolling.

Haha I realize that.
    But how could you really go any wider?
    The track on S chassis is so much wider then the Ae's.

Quote Originally Posted by dub c View Post
    But how could you really go any wider?
    By running less negative offset wheels .

It's the trade-off for having the S13 subframe.

Those are probably 0 offset right?
    Won't he be cutting it close to the struts with wider and more offset wheels?
    Ah whatever, I'm really looking forward to seeing some more.

^ what's with you and your confusion about wheel offset/backspacing/strut interference? Do a bit more independent research. S13 and AE86 suspension has different spacing and geometry, the average wheel offset is different.

This car is looking pretty awesome, can't wait to see more updates and sooner than later, burnout videos.
    1987 Toyota Corolla SR5 20 valve megasquirt bucket SOLD
    1985 Toyota Cressida mintier than yo mama's mouthwash with 1JZ + big single turbo

Yeah I know s' have independents in the rear. And you'll be able to stuff more inside the fenders with the adjustable camber.
    But let's say a common aftermarket wheel for a s13 is a 9J +30, he has 8J +0s on there. By comparing the two, the 8Js will stick out only an extra 1/2 and those look to stick out more then an inch.
    Don't get cranky, I'm just really trying to understand wheel tech at the moment.

I'm want updates.

The 15x8 0s look like they fit exactly the same on the n2 fenders as they would on a stock 240 body. I don't understand the problem here?
    BCWORKS

Yeah, just ignore me.

Quote Originally Posted by dub c View Post
    Yeah I know s' have independents in the rear. And you'll be able to stuff more inside the fenders with the adjustable camber.
    But let's say a common aftermarket wheel for a s13 is a 9J +30, he has 8J +0s on there. By comparing the two, the 8Js will stick out only an extra 1/2 and those look to stick out more then an inch.
    Don't get cranky, I'm just really trying to understand wheel tech at the moment.

I'm want updates.
    8j 0 would stick out 18mm more than 9j +30. 9j would have 43mm more in the back.

RETIRED

No, it does not run yet. Due to the time constraints placed upon me by the roll cage fabricator and the bodyman, things are about 1.5 years behind (if you can believe that) so I'm only working as quickly as I'm allowed. Weather is currently ruining everything because you can't put the drivetrain back in when its -35 outside!

There are no spacers behind the wheels...s13 track is some 6" wider than ae86 track, so the wheels stick out 3" further than they should. The wheels are 15x8 - 0 offset. These wheels will be going bye-bye in favour of 5Zigen FN01RC Hot Versions of the 17x9 +20 variety for clearance, weight and tire width issues. With the Sportmax's there's 2.5" of gap before they hit the strut, so there's a lot of room to come in...rear has even more room. Plan is to run a 205-40 at the moment on the 17...maybe a 215 or even a 225.

No, I'm not as cool as Devin...but he knew that already. ;-)

Why a wing? I need the wing to hold the car down. I'll probably have front splitters and an understray once everything is said and done. In its turnkey form it should put about 270whp down with only 1700lbs (est.) or so holding it there...and that's if I don't get carried away with turbo upgrades, cams etc. I'm not sure the wing will stay where it is, but better to have it than not at this point. Its too late now anyway, as the trunk has been reinforced to hold the wing's force and stop it from denting. Keep in mind this car has no interior, no metal in the bumpers, no metal in the fenders, no GLASS except the front window and the doors are just the outer skin. Interior is two Sparco buckets and a small 6" square aluminium gauge panel. Even the battery is tiny.

Why sr20? Because it essentially dropped into the car with little modification and makes more power out of the box than a strung out 4agze...I know because my other car HAS a strung out 4agze that at its limit has done about 180whp, give or take. I haven't given up on the other car, but it just wasn't enough.

Why s13 rear end? Because a friend of mine talked me into it, and so far I'm not sure it was a good idea...but once you hack all the mounts off and get halfway into fab you can't turn back just because you're hesitating. We had an entire jdm s13 to pull everything from, so all the parts where there.

I have a complete build thread at home for the webpage, including every part number, every store & phone number, every amount of time, every how-to and most importantly, every single cost. I'm trying to be thorough. I've also got 800+ pictures of every step.

15psi + 280hp + 2200lbs = GOOD!

Very nice Mac! Keep up the build thread. Must have video's when this car is driveable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

always good looking stuff from you Mac.

Bump for updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Sorry, been really busy.

I melted the sc12 on my other car and spent a good deal of time fizing that. Seems they really can turn into a pile of drool if you overdrive them enough.

I've just finished the heater core loop at the back of the engine so I could put the car back together.

That was when I found out that the engine didn't fit...for some unknown reason. So, I'm tinkering when I can. I took a week off work to do the wiring and make other progress only to have a work situation come up.

Its coming, just slowly.

15psi + 280hp + 2200lbs = GOOD!