Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I put the smack down like its rehab.

I put the smack down like its rehab.

Jk
    Last edited by StreetShark; 07-17-2013 at 12:55 AM.

That's my old SR5!!!

those stripes are sweet! why did you take them offf?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    i like to go into lordco and just yell into the mufflers they have in stock until i find one that tickles my fancy
    Wisdom from NeptuneD on choosing mufflers for exhaust note

I think the previous owner Conrad took off those stripes.

I saw you in the Quizno's lot off Country Hills like a month ago. I was digging your ride. Looked really good. Nice and clean. I do hate bananna spokes though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Yeah haha I wish it still had the aweomse 80's striping too! soo cool

Anyways, lets get right into it. After it got warmer out, I had picked up some goodies for the car. I got a buddyclub spec 2 exhaust, t3 test pipe, and a set of megan coilovers. So i ditched the eibachs, threw the megans in with some t3 rca too. and I grabbed a cheap set of durun 195/45's for some 15x8 +4 rotas I had lying around, and just went full low on the megans (hadnt removed collars yet) and yes Boost, I secretly hate them too. more on that later.
    And that was it for a while, had a friend take some nicer pictures.

Garden siding sucks

Shameless plug for some friends' cars haha

So the car stayed like that for a while, I was relatively happy with it. Although I kept having trouble with losing exhaust doughnuts on the buddyclub, it actually just dropped once on the deerfoot so i dragged it for a good while, so me and my pops just whipped out the welder and basically hard mounted it to the car. Since my oem exhaust manifold was chopped up so bad, the angle the exhaust sat at was all off, so of course the hangers werent hanging it too well with just some stretched doughnuts on there, so what we did was just weld a longer hanger onto the exhaust that came straight up and bolted to the underside of the car, can get some pics if anyones interested, it worked out awesome. But while the car was in the driveway I figured why not take some work into my own hands, so I sanded down the hood, rocker panels, fenders, and some other minor rust spots around the car and whipped out the spray bombs. Turned out great for my first attempt at painting stuff. Also took the time to install a t3 front and rear strut bar, t3 panhard, a knockoff bride my brother sold me, nardi wheel + quick release, gts front bumper and ended up removing collars on the rear to go lower (still gotta cut bump stops! ) and theres probably some other goodies im forgetting.
    Anyways car came out like this

Of course, mandatory fan-boy liscense plate frame! Hope to find a cooler one at some point in the near future, Oh well. Was getting a JDM rear skin ready to go on incase your wondering about the lack of rear bumper.
    Ok so that will have to do it for tonight, im trying to keep these updates as short as possible, ill get to the rest of the stuff tomorrow, as well as some more info on whats in the car, some stuff i have waiting to go on it, and stuff im hoping to get over winter to set up for next season!
    Til next time

Shame the stripes are gone, but looks pretty dam good! Classic b+w, love it. . .
    "mmmango!"

Not bad. I like your low.
    HeatBloom - Street Style Since 2004
    https://www.facebook.com/HeatBloom

Haha yeah everyones hurtin hard over the stripes eh! It does suck there not on the car anymore, but oh well. Thanks for the kind words guys. So the Rotas are being reduced to drift spares as I picked up some more wheels! (for ridiculously cheap too )
    The tires on them now are 205/50/15's, so pretty freakin huge, fender actually sat on the tires. Im saving em for next season when I get more tires, so theyll just sit in my house for the winter haha its gonna be a long, cold, lonely winter...
    Pair of longchamps, gonna measure the exact size after I get the tires stripped off, should be 15x8 with a small negative offset, about a 4" lip.

and a pair of equip 03's! 15x8.5 -9

So yeah, those are pretty much the most recent pics of the car, all up to date now!
    can finally start posting current matters and problems haha

Picked up some more fenders too since my current ones are still all weird from my accident. Passenger side one went on fine, straight as a razor, amazing condition too, but the driver side is a pain in the butt, all bent and dented, now I know why they were so cheap, barely bolts on the car. So if you got a nice clean straight driver side fender let me know!

The cars looking pretty miserable atm, all winter mode ish... Rotas on the front, snowflakes on the rear, black fenders, bleh. Cant paint anything when its so cold out. Honestly car might just go into storage pretty soon (under a cover in my driveway lol) getting sick of everything going wrong with it. Time to start stock piling parts for spring? I think so!!!
    Last edited by StreetShark; 02-16-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Ok so another quick update, figured if post up a current spec list for car, and some things im picking up for next spring, just to let y'all in on my plans!
    Spec list
    -old, tired, leaky, bluetop
    -t3 test pipe + buddyclub sepc 2
    -t3 rca and panhard
    -megan coilovers (full low, rear adjustable perches removed)
    -t3 front and rear strut bars
    -boss hub + nrg quick release + nardi wheel
    -knock off bride
    -trd shift knob + cool crown royal shift boot
    -15x8 +4 rotas with 195/45 duruns
    and thats pretty much it

Things im looking to get!
    -t3 4 link? its either this or just get poly bushings for the oem stuff, im just convinced my pinion angle is out of whack. can anyone vouch for the 4 link being a good investment?
    -extend some oem lca's
    -manual rack with t3 outer rods
    -goodline front bumper
    -a spare hood i can make a diy drop-vent out of
    -hood pins and trunk latches
    -a hi comp 4ag i can keep around to rebuild to eventually relieve my poor old bluetop (20v swap next year)
    -I have another rear end and a tomei 2 way just waiting for a weir 4.77!
    -195/50's for the longchamps and equips!
    -mabye another pair of cool drift spares
    and some more little odds end ends, but yeah, pretty much ALL i got planned now. Gonna be working alot more hours at my part time job once winter officially shows up, so ill be spoiling myself in anticipation for next season! Ill try and update with things I order and things that happen, but it should be pretty slow for the next while, so thanks for checking out my thread so far! Be back in full force next spring!

4links with traction brackets are dope. They make you drift like a champion - jk, they make it easier to maintain a slide since you have a lot more feel to the back end of the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

hahahaha everyone knows its the parts you have that make you drift like a champion! driving techniques and balls have nothing to do with it! haha
    Thanks for vouching for em, those will deffs be ordered for next season. I need to find an angle meter aswell so I can look into pinion angle.
    Also im really digging carb'd 4ag's at the moment. would love to build a sweet 16v high comp with fcr's or mikunis or something!

UPDATE!
    snow sucks. well, it sucks when i still cant drive my car! gonna be even harder to work on it with the snow and the coldness!
    AAAAND i still cant find a fricken wheel bearing cap. <-- the only thing stopping me from driving. Such a stupid, trivial little 3 dollar part that im having the hardest time finding. Napa, and any other parts stores around town dont carry the size, been to pick n pull numerous times with no luck, and toyota dealership quoted me 2 weeks to ship it in, but theyre so stupid over there I have little faith itll even be the right size. Oh well. If you happen to have one lying around, be a brother and let me know!
    oh and if anyones interested too, i got some 16v map stuff and some itb crap for sale, check it out!
    Think i got a buyer in line already for the itbs though.
    might be ordering a 4.7 soon too. first of many things to be bought.
    AND WOAH, i need some shorter stroke shocks for the rear of my car since I took out the adjustable perches, anyone know if the rear shocks that come with megan coils are adjustble? just fricken noticed they had thread! lol, about to flip my bean.

updates
    Snow still sucks. Kinda weird how its not too cold out yet and its already december. huh.
    Anyways, bought a jdm front bumper off devon, now in the market for a lip.
    Battle version 4 links showed up. Gonne be getting traction brackets and a 4.77 soon.
    Then I just gotta finish up the front suspension, manual rack swap, new tranny along with clutch+flywheel combo (my synchros are turrrible)
    If you have an extra smooth shifting t50 and your local, hit me up!
    and get tires for the new wheels, make a diy dropvent hood, and thats pretty much it, that should suffice for next season haha.
    Well, ill post up when more parts arrive. Ill take some pics too. Im reall excited for spring, my minds racing with everything I want to get done to the car.
    and gosh darnit, the megan shocks are adjustable.
    I feel stupid.

Nice wheels,
    Depending on how low you go, make the upper links about 10mm longer than stock. That should keep your pinion angle close to where it needs to be. You can buy little angle/degree finders that you can hold on the input flange of your diff the measure the angle and adjust. Just make sure your car is level on jack stands one level ground to get an accurate reading.

Thanks man
    They were suuuuuuper cheap, two of em are pretty curbed, but still hold air. If its not too expensive i might look into getting the lips repaired.
    anyways, Thanks for the heads up man, appreciate it.
    Yeah Ive seen those little angle finders in a write up on club4ag, any idea where I could get one?

Home depot is were I got mine

Cowards couldn't rap this dope with a zig zag,
    I let my lips drag, spitting with that big swag

----------
    1985 Toyota Corolla GTS 1uzfe 6 speed
    1985 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ60.
    1997 Lexus LX450.

666 is offline Tested positive for Corolla
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShark View Post
    Thanks man
    They were suuuuuuper cheap, two of em are pretty curbed, but still hold air. If its not too expensive i might look into getting the lips repaired.
    anyways, Thanks for the heads up man, appreciate it.
    Yeah Ive seen those little angle finders in a write up on club4ag, any idea where I could get one?

spring for a digital one. The really aren't that much more and do a waaaay better job. I think i payed $40 for a digital cube vs $25. The digital goes to two decimals(x.xx) vs your eyes which might be +- .5 degree.

1987 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon RIP donor to the 81'
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon *Now* 5spd Drifto
    1980 Toyota Corolla 4Spd Sedan
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by paulcorolla View Post
    Home depot is were I got mine
    Sweet, thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSpence View Post
    Cowards couldn't rap this dope with a zig zag,
    I let my lips drag, spitting with that big swag
    Atta boy hahaha, finally someone got the title!

Quote Originally Posted by 666 View Post
    spring for a digital one. The really aren't that much more and do a waaaay better job. I think i payed $40 for a digital cube vs $25. The digital goes to two decimals(x.xx) vs your eyes which might be +- .5 degree.
    Sweet, thanks for the heads up man, Ill see what I can find.