Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I put the smack down like its rehab.

Sounds like some shorting issues. Time to get a test light and multimeter and test continuity.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Penny gave you a good place to start. Fuses not bring blown doesn't mean the whole box hasn't packed it in.
    BCWORKS

So the car runs now. You guys were right on point with the fuse box. Turns out some of the plugs underneath the box were loose, plugged them all back in, and car started right up, check engine light coming on, ran with the headlights on, and my deck worked. I feel pretty dumb. If theres anything Ive learned about this car its too not overlook the simple things. Who woulda thought some loose plugs were the source of all my troubles.
    Weird thing is, the plugs didnt really "click" into place, so maybe the tabs ate busted, it was hard to tell. might look into grabbing another fusebox from pick n pull or something, until then ill try and keep them tight with zipties or something so they wont come loose.
    Going to do an oil change and plugs tomorrow, then its fun time! i miss it so much.
    Think im going to try and wire up my kouki lights (the incorrect, easy way) sometime soon too. Anyway! Ill put up some more pictars later on maybe after ive drove her for a bit and washed her

beautee!

Forgot this thread existed.
    Havent been up to much, if you have instagram follow me @ Olsonberger
    A lot easier for me to post pictures about my car/life on there.
    Nothing worth reporting in terms of progress, kind of stuck atm. Took a year off before worrying about post secondary to make some money, "finish" my car, and do some things Ive always wanted to do, travel, that sort of thing. Still cant find a job though so I have next to no money. Been trying to live off selling old car parts, but its not going so well.
    My most visited site on the internet has turned into calgary job shop.
    Anyways, until I get a steady income, wont be much to report in about. Just trying to keep her running so I can daily her until winter hits.

I want a job, I want money, I want to build a hi comp 4ag on fcr's.
    Wish me luck!
    Streetshark out
    Last edited by StreetShark; 10-03-2012 at 04:37 PM.

I run the smartcar tires(175/55r15) on my 15x9 and 15x8's and the stretch is pretty extreme. It like the look and it scares old ladies but expect a compromise in driving quality.
    Also,beading the tires on the 9j's were a real kunt.

Cool man, thanks for the reply. haha I bet! I might look into it if I can find some cheap on kijiji...

Ello
    No updates on anything, been helping out some friends with stuff to earn some cash, also been trying to sell off some old crap to get me by.
    Still no job.
    Anyways, I never did figure out my fuel tank issue, and it turns out it was a lot harder to find a replacement tank than I thought it would be. Im still not 100% sure if anything is even wrong with mine, but im convinced its something to do with it not venting properly, because when I overfilled it the other day and it leaked all over the road, While i was out trying to sop up the spill with some floor-dry, just to see what happened i cracked open my gas cap and it sounded like opening a pop can. Obvious relief of pressure, right. So im thinking if its supposed to vent through the charcoal canister(?), maybe its all clogged up somewhere along the lines or the canister itself. Still a little weird as usually there is a vent on the gas cap itself, no?
    Anyway, any insight would be helpful!
    Best case scenario, I can figure out what it is before the snow gets too crazy, as I will be parking the car for winter again.

wait so your cap is keeping air pressure in but you're leaking fule somewhere else? there are no obvious rust holes when you removed the tank? surprisingly out of all the rollas i've had, i never had to deal with a gas tank once. i want to come to calgary and slide this beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    That's my old SR5!!!

Who the Duck would take the time to REMOVE those ultra rare and good looking factory decals? Seriously.
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

Someone who really didn't want the social.disgrace of driving an sr5?

All SR5's all the time.
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

maybe it got resprayed?

Quote Originally Posted by do-boy View Post
    wait so your cap is keeping air pressure in but you're leaking fule somewhere else? there are no obvious rust holes when you removed the tank? surprisingly out of all the rollas i've had, i never had to deal with a gas tank once. i want to come to calgary and slide this beauty
    Somewhat. Something is not allowing the tank to breathe properly, as the pressure will build up and the fuel will come right up the neck and leak out. Its really hard to for me to even wrap my head around. Like the cap isnt allowing pressure out, but its allowing fuel to leak out? Your lucky man. hopefully lots of sliding soon! Anyway, snow hit hard the last couple days so the car cover is on and shes parked. for now at least.

And yeah, stripes were removed by whoever decided to do the gts conversion. Side markers were shaved as well, and its definitely been painted a couple times

if the tank isnt venting maybe someone blocked off the wrong line when running a bigger fuel feed line for the 16v
    who knows?

^^Just saw the reply now, good idea g penny, weve had some awesome weather in cow town recently so im gonna pull the cover off and try and start getting some stuff done.
    Im officially employed! finally! gonna be working nights at the cross iron mills costco doing merchandising and stocking
    Anyway, its still gonna take a little bit to get back on my feet as I have some depts to pay off until my slate is clean again.
    Ive been kicking around the idea of going turbo recently, and maybe im being naive, but I feel like a cheap-ish basic turbo setup with a t25 and only like 7psi will be cheaper and more cost effective in terms of gain then trying to go balls to the wall on a completely built n/a setup with carbs or itbs. Lets face it im 18 years old, dont have a lot of money, and I think a turbo corolla would be fuuuuuuhuuuuuun!!! The purist in me hates that, but im trying to be cost effective. and besides I want to buy a xs650 and get my bike license sometime soon too!
    So if I decide 100% to go that route ill be selling my old HKS(?) 4-2-1 header that I bought off kingspence on here. If you'd be interested in that let me know.
    and Duy, if youre reading this, im in the process of selling my kidneys to afford that zenki lip youre selling. Ill get at you soon.
    Chao for now!

**favorite picture from last year for inspiration <3

Turbo is a great idea, way more cost effective than an NA build, and it will net you more power too.

Also +1 on the motorcycle idea. They are my favourite.
    HeatBloom - Street Style Since 2004
    https://www.facebook.com/HeatBloom

Mannn your car looks so goood. I've done the NA route, always wanted to go boost. Do it!

Mods please lock/delete thread
    or dont, its cool
    Last edited by StreetShark; 07-16-2013 at 11:57 PM.

What happened? I was following this because of your brother from Napa.
    AE86 | Tacoma X-Runner
    4AGE 20V | 1GR-FE