Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I put the smack down like its rehab.

@lastlatvian you're opinion is irrelevant, you're car has an SR.
    And yeah I'm just kicking ideas around for next tax season, I'm going to buy a motor, just don't know what yet. So no one take any of my ideas seriously yet.
    Will be abusing the Bluetop until then, unless it doesn't last that long!
    Buying parts from Paul soon and I will actually update this thread with pictures and work getting done instead of just questions for once.

Aaroncake is a salesmen.
    BCWORKS

Haha Xtof has a sr that doesn't run!

Met up with paul and bought more wheelies and a hood.
    Flashback to me cutting my springs and installing hilux shocks, now car cant move without dragging exhaust and numerous other problems that spout from maximum slammage. Need dk's help, besides posting here I will post in the WTB section and also pm certain members.
    I need:
    -Oem 4 link so I can cut them apart. With bushings, no bushings, garbage bushings, I dont care. I want a set I can cut apart and play around with.
    -Same goes for front LCA's
    - I need another panhard mount to correct my panhard angle. I know cusco makes these and calls them "Rear RCA's" Im aware I could order one, but just thought id check to see if anyone has made their own and can offer advice or knows someone who has fabricated these in the past that I could contact.
    -Im planning on making my own exhaust to replace the buddyclub garbage I have. You have ss piping laying around that you no longer want? Look me up.
    -Unless I buy new, I want trd / swift 6kg rear springs and tokico hts rear shocks (the short stroke versions, apparently 455mm extended length compared to the hilux 420mm) The hilux are cool and all and the low is amazing but I dont think I can make it work :/
    Im sure theres more im forgetting, im in a rush to go to the bar.

Found shocks courtesy of Devon, will be getting those off him eventually.
    Still looking for 6kg springs.
    Bought more wheels, gallop racing mesh 14x8j -10
    Got pauls old carbon fibre-ish hood off the black coupe, traded new paul a metal hood with a vent in it
    Still looking for lots of stuff.
    hopefully be driving my car soon, I started school so I dont have a lot of free time anymore.
    I said it once and ill say it again, im on dk even less now, if you want updates via over edited lame pictures follow my instagram @olsonberger

those numbers are also when the motor is new and tuned properly and none ****ed with, so that should keep in mind as well.
    light cars make even the worst motors feel quick.(ish)

^^think you posted in the wrong thread lol.
    Anyway!
    Got some springs, got some shocks.
    Springs are trd 6.5kg (?) blue with light green dot. Uncut
    Anyway, things a 4x4 now.
    So I have to cut springs again.
    Don't want to make the same mistake again and cut too much,
    So was wondering if anyone's cut 6kg ish trd's before.
    Was thinking of doing around 1.5-2 coils? Is that retarded?
    Also have money put away for a 4.77 and the rest of my rear end bits FINALLY
    Hoping to get the manual rack in and rear end in before the snow comes.
    Wish me luck!

Ps: College is fun! Learned to rebuild 5 speeds! Woo!

Cut 1
    Then another half if still needed, then 1/4 if more
    It would suck to go too far

Yeah, I made that mistake last time Paul, it sucks
    I remember reading that it's "proper" to only cut springs when they're compressed.
    Does anyone actually do that? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShark View Post
    Yeah, I made that mistake last time Paul, it sucks
    I remember reading that it's "proper" to only cut springs when they're compressed.
    Does anyone actually do that? Lol

Nobody that likes their hands, face, and life.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

I put springs on the car. Weight them down, then measure the cool spacing to figure out how much to cut.
    BCWORKS

Yeah Clay when I read that I had to go back and re read it a couple times. I couldnt wrap my head around the fact thats what they were suggesting!
    Cut one coil before work today. Dare I say it doesnt look too bad. A bit more functional than my setups from the past! with 185/60/13 in the rear mind you.
    Probably room to go another 1/2 coil or 1/4 coil, especially since my other spares will be 185/55/14's
    But yeah, could be driving the car tomorrow. Just need to put my seat back in and finish wiring in my oscilating fan.
    pictures soon I promise!

Having exhaust problems still, and by problems I mean it finally cracked from bottoming out too much. So im chopping apart my buddyclub to reweld and tuck it higher. I also want to set up my new rear end asap, so question time.
    When it comes to shims and clearences for everything, I have access to alldata and other esi stuff through school, would looking up the factory numbers and matching those for the lsd be wise?
    or is it more of figure out clearences/preload as you go along?
    Unfortunately we havent covered diffs in school yet so I dont understand what backlash is... But I was thinking I would just match it to the numbers i get from the stock setup, no?
    Paul! last time I saw you you said you might be willing to give me hand, im going to hold you to that (:<
    Last edited by StreetShark; 10-13-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Ya no problem
    I can help you, and the numbers are easy.
    Do you have 4.78 gears yet? Or just putting in the LSD?
    Straight LSD install is super easy, full bearings and gear set up is a lot more involved

I set mine to factory spec. I've been good for over 4 years. 1 not those years powered by beams. It started to whine after a year. But it's normal considering used ring and pinion and I beat the **** out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShark View Post
    You guys are right. Moneys slowly accumulating. Finally ready to order some things I've wanted to for years haha.
    Also, just out of curiosity who thinks a gts rear end could handle an n/a bridge ported 13b?
    I'm running a 1uz on a stock welded diff right now, 2 hard years so far and no problems, it just drifts soooo easy
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age
    "The Miata will get some compliments along with some ?hairdresser? comments and odd looks from the average public, enthusiasts are never really sure if you are a stance guy, a drifter, or a homosexual"
    BUILD THREAD!!!
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...-pics-page-5!*

Exhaust is turning out good. I want to post pictures of it once its all welded up for good. just tacked in place now. sits nice n high so its awesome.
    Brother has been taking pictures of my car with his big cool camera but i doubt ill ever see any of them uploaded or anything so im just going to do a big iphone photo dump on my next night off hopefully.

Paul, 4.778 is ordered and on the way along with weir's rear end rebuild kit!
    Kind of kicking around the idea of just putting the diff in so I can get it done before winter at least, then maybe next summer pull the rear end out and install the r&p. at least that way I could give a proper before and after judgement of how the 4.77 changes things, rather than just buying stuff and installing it cause the internet says so.
    anyway, ill text you when it comes down to it paul and we can figure it out.
    You know im down if you ever need an extra set of hands with the ke25!
    my last 5 posts have said pictures soon! but i mean it this time! car is getting uglier and uglier cant wait to show everyone <333

Going to go outside and finish up exhaust. welded most of it last night, it tucks up good. so good i need to shave my bumper a bit!
    Excited to drive car again.
    and scratch the 4.77! going to wait on it, since I still dont know if im going to be going turbo, gze, whatever, figured i should just shut up and put the 2 way in and have some fun. So I just ordered the rebuild kit and solid pinion spacer from weir, hopefully going to be able to get the rear end together before winter hits too hard.
    Also pulled up the old diy 4 link thread off c4ag and hachiroku.au might take that route as I hard to part with my bv 4 link to pay some debt a while back
    anyway photos asap! probably tonight! also want to finally show off the custom jdm rear bumper brackets I made by utilizing the mounting piece off the usdm rear bumper support then making a jig to fit the bumper and just welding the two together. I did it last year but everytime I see them i figure i should post them up somewhere as they turned out well and im pretty proud of em!
    figured id share the idea as it could save some other board members the hassle of finding and paying for oem brackets.
    so Ill tackle all that later when im supposed to be studying for a test I have tomorrow.
    Dont sleep!

Ok, where do I start.
    Going to try and make this as short as possible.
    As most of you probably know, longchamps and equips are long gone to a good new home with warren.
    In return I got some 14x8.5 -9 ssr mk3s

So those went on the car asap.

I made a front lip reincarnation of the lip on pauls black coupe, utilized a vw bumper. It turned out pretty swell.
    Also installed some bent upper links with poly bushings I got from paul. Not much went on after that. Drove around like this for a while.

Yeah somewhere along the time ive been absent we pulled the 13b out of my best buds fc and got it rebuilt by rx7 specialties. Nice having someone to boot around with again. Expect cool things out of that car. carbd, n/a, big street port, little wheels.
    Anyway, then I decided to try the whole hilux shock thing. car was ridiculously low. So low I couldnt drive without dragging the exhaust/frame rails constantly. It was awesome.

Needless to say I had to mess around with my exhaust and find another spring/shock setup for the rear.
    I also bought pauls old hayashis.

put them on the back because reverse stagger is awesome.

Then I bought more things from pauls old car. including the old drop vent hood it had.

I wasnt too stoked on it as the vent sat a little too far forward for me, so I traded it to tall paul in exchange for a carbon hood and hood pins. Heng certified.

to be continued! the amount of pictures in this post is breaking my copmuter

Haha sweet! Keep the pics coming!!