Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I put the smack down like its rehab.

Ok!
    At the end of august me and my brother decided to drive out to vancouver to hang with our cousins and go to the CS grand opening, one last hurrah before summer was done and school started.
    Needless to say it was a blast and a half. Saw some absolutely mental cars, including "Royal Ocean"
    Met Nakai-san and Nojima-san. Met lots of other cool dudes from the island and van city, even some people from as far as chicago turned up.
    I took lots of pictures but I figure this isnt the place for those. But needless to say, Alex, if youre reading this, I think that was the most enjoyable car related event ive been too since the days of watching drift practices and drift west stuff at race city!!!
    Me and the 86, and hopefully some friends too, will be making the trip back next year for sure!

anyway, carrying on in my picture update endeavor...
    Like I said in an earlier post, I ended up with some trd 6.5kg springs and some old tokico hts short strokes. Cut the trd's and everything was gravy.

Probably have room to go lower, will cut another .5 coil when I work my quarters and fix the mess I made. Might drop the front too....
    Not sure this picture shows much, but me and my dad cut up my exhaust and welded to sit a little higher after I cracked it right off the header and almost lost the whole system on my way to work one day...

The tail pipe finally lines up with the cutout in the bumper, which pleases my ocd...
    Anyway, balled hard like this for a while. Ordered some crap. Im waiting on it all to show up.

Weir rebuild kit for the new booty going in the car. Intermediate shaft from t3 so I can finally do my manual rack swap, along with the 1.25" extended lca's and extended tie rods that I got from west coast clay that came from pauls old black car too...
    Paul my car is becoming the reincarnation of your old coupe. pretty sure most of the cool stuff I have came from you at one point or another...

BUT! You cant drive old cars without stuff going wrong, so blasting home from work the other day, I started over heating on deerfoot and couldnt figure out why. So I pulled over and popped the hood and was welcomed by coolant everywhere and steam shooting out of the radiator from a suspected crack. A quick glance from my brother pointed out a pretty obvious problem....

These pictures were from when I managed to limp the car home and clean up the coolant...

Somethings missing...

Anyway I got another belt and will be putting it on tomorrow
    I think something may be up with my alternator too, something had to cause me to lose/shear the old belt at 130 on deerfoot... maybe something seized up? Also the potentially cracked radiator will be potentially temporairly fixed and then possibly replaced by a civic koyo rad... possibly
    Anyway thats pretty much up to speed now! This picture is from today!

I want sideskirts (goodline?) and I want to make some kind of cool rear under spoiler thing. maybe a trd wing too.
    Also me and my brother have some cool stuff in the works, when everything is finished and ready for the release we have scheduled, ill be sure to update the dk community! Keep it locked!
    Last edited by StreetShark; 10-29-2013 at 08:47 PM.

niceeeee
    1989 MX83 - Sold
    1985 AE86 Coupe - Sold
    1985 MX73 - Sold
    1984 AE86 Hatch - Project Car

Oh yeah,
    here are the pictures of those custom rear bumper brackets we made...
    Just let me know if you guys want more info or anything like that!
    Im getting tired of typing!

and heres what they look like on the car...

pretty tight yo
    Last edited by StreetShark; 10-29-2013 at 09:17 PM.

I like the home made brackets! Someone here makes aluminum skeleton brackets, but they are pretty pricy! Someone should start making something like that!

Love love love this car.

So the belt I got is too big (?)
    The fact im not running ac or power steering shouldnt change anything correct? as accesssories were driven off the second row of the crank pulley right?
    anyway, anyone have a part number?
    not sure I want to go back to the parts guy without one this time...

weird
    did he give you a fwd one? if its any different?

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShark View Post
    @lastlatvian you're opinion is irrelevant, you're car has an SR.
    at least i can buy the right size belt for a sr or a 4age. trollololololol

Quote Originally Posted by woodenturn View Post
    DK should ban such nonsense. 2 cents~ sr86 www.dorikaze.net/showthread.php?32933-Elizabeth

paul I'm not sure! Perhaps?
    Last edited by StreetShark; 11-01-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Grabbed Devons old wing tonight, thanks again dude.
    Also snatched an old gas tank off Coltron and some dinky weird fog lights which Im not sure what to do with yet. cheers.
    As soon as my nikes show up Im gonna order some more shiz.
    And on my next day off, tuesday, probably, im going to go grab another belt. The right one this time hopefully!
    keep it locked.
    Last edited by StreetShark; 11-03-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Also peep the signature and give our facebook page a like! Can follow me and my brothers builds over winter and any other shenanigans we'll be getting into. Merch will be available soon
    Make the jump!
    ★彡SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL NIGHT TERRORS夜の恐怖
    www.facebook.com/themnightterrors
    http://www.themnightterrors.bigcartel.com/

I liked your page haha
    1989 MX83 - Sold
    1985 AE86 Coupe - Sold
    1985 MX73 - Sold
    1984 AE86 Hatch - Project Car

Nightt
    Errors.
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

a snow bank disaster!
    BCWORKS

So car hasn't done much moving. Belt issue sorted, brother ended up just getting me the wrong belt after all.
    Radiator turns out to be cracked though, but I grabbed an aluminum civic + e fan combo and will be putting that in when I have the time and the weather agrees.
    snow sucks. except for snowboarding. but for car life, it sucks. especially with no garage.
    think my stuggling alternator has finally kicked the can too.
    I had a couple wtb's up for alternators before, but it was never a necessity so I never ended up getting one.
    Well its a necessity now so if you have an extra alternator, feel free to shoot me a pm! will accept mr2 ones and 7m ones. higher amp rating never hurt nobody.

ps thanks to everyone who has gone and liked our facebook page. me and my brother have talked about starting something like this since we bought cars.
    Anyway we'll be meeting some of you western folk next year for sure as were going to hit as many drift events as we can!
    Last edited by StreetShark; 11-17-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShark View Post
    had a couple wtb's up for alternators before, but it was never a necessity so I never ended up getting one.
    Well its a necessity now so if you have an extra alternator, feel free to shoot me a pm! will accept mr2 ones and 7m ones. higher amp rating never hurt nobody.

!

There is a alternator repair place down Barlow, like a block from mr.mango's work, one of the employees has a black ae86 hatchback out front. Great service, good prices and rebuilds in one day. I'd rec going there. I may have a spare sr5 alternator but I don't know if they're the as same gts ones, I'll look tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by woodenturn View Post
    DK should ban such nonsense. 2 cents~ sr86 www.dorikaze.net/showthread.php?32933-Elizabeth

$45 on eBay reman. Free shipping.

Cool kris, might have to check that out.
    haha I love ebay but i dont know about ebay alternators...
    Im sure theyre probably fine but that screams red flag to me!

this car looks very cool. very era appropriate.

Battle axe is actually the dude who originally brought over your wheels!
    BCWORKS