Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I put the smack down like its rehab.

2nd gen camry alternator works perfectly. They have a higher amperage as well IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by pitobread View Post
    I saw this guy eat a whole bag of Jalape?o cheezits in one sitting. After that moment I would trust him with my life.
    1982 Toyota Hilux Pickup- Daily
    1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon- Track car

Haha no **** eh! Cool, thanks for the kind words guys. Struggling with money, as usual, but hoping to make some serious progress soon. I'm obsessed with how clean the mk3's are, whether battle axe or warren refinished them, whoever did it was a job well done! Gotta polish my other wheelies to match!
    As soon as I get the civic rad and alternator in, I can drive it up on blocks to jack it up and start on the front suspension/steering work.
    Want to get the cage in as well, clean some things up, etc etc. Lots in the works!

I might have to look into the Camry alt, thanks for the heads up.
    Gonna be slow going so nobody hold their breath!

Ps. Vinyls are in! Shout out to awfilms for your vinyl needs. Great dude.
    Will post a link to our big cartel page in my sig as well when it's all setup! If anyone would be interested
    ★彡SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL NIGHT TERRORS夜の恐怖
    www.facebook.com/themnightterrors
    http://www.themnightterrors.bigcartel.com/

How do I get said vinyls?

Also those SSRs came from Japan in new condition. The guy who owned them before me ****ed them up a tone. They were perfect perfect.

Also I have a 4 point bolt in cage I would let go of.
    BCWORKS

ya dude. from when i brang them in, they were brand new, and has falken st115s on them. they changed hands, to my knowledge, 3-4 times? before warren. they were definetely worse for wear when warren got them. still look good comparativly to many other wheels condition mind you

We'll be setting up a bigcartel page you can purchase our merchandise through. These vinyls are our first run, limited stock. Hopefully just the beginning!

We're also down to do vinyl trades with other shops/teams, just pm me if you'd be interested in anything like that.

Yeah the mk3's are gorgeous, want to try cleaning up my gallop racing mesh's to the same condition!

Thanks for the offer Warren but I already went and bought a 7 point cusco/safety 21 cage.
    My s&w weld in 10 pt is for sale if anyone's interested! Really looking to get rid of it ASAP. Taking up lots of space.

That's cool, love learning where all these parts came from, thanks for chiming in warren & battleaxe!

Never did post the link up here, but here it is if anyone's interested! http://www.themnightterrors.bigcartel.com
    We only have the one design up for now but there will be lots more in the future, Stay tuned!

So hayashis are for sale :/ need to focus on other things besides wheels. Ive had 5 pairs in the span of a year, and still theres been no sliding in this thread.
    Spring 2014 is time for a priority check.
    Get at me if youre interested.

Looking into fitting my new (to me) cusco cage, 7 point, and I noticed the halo bar sat at a strange angle. I mean it fits great and looks like it will go in ok.
    But still left me wondering if its right or not. Looks to lean back a bit when I thought it would sit more upright.
    So I hopped on AutoCAD at school and did up a quick artists interpretation of my dilema.

It sits like the yellow bar in the picture, i would expect it to look more like the pink one.
    any one have experience with cusco/saftey 21 cages? Is this right?
    maybe the mounting plates are just at a weird angle.
    anyway, any input is appreciated. hopefully my next update is a hefty one!

its trying to compensate for a 'door bar' and also to not hinder the seat belt. its typical of them. from what i remember of my cusco cage i had, briefly, it was very slant orientated

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post
    its trying to compensate for a 'door bar' and also to not hinder the seat belt. its typical of them. from what i remember of my cusco cage i had, briefly, it was very slant orientated
    Cool, thanks for the reply dude.
    And just to clear that up I meant the "main hoop" not the "halo bar" for all you proper terminology people out there.
    Made the post in a hurry #sorrynotsorry

Anyway, like I said hopefully There's some progress soon. We got blessed with some nice weather!

Working on cars in the cold sucks.
    anyway, perks of going to school with an ex corolla guy, got a free turbo manifold! ebay cast iron, should be fine. Also scored an srt4 intercooler off a friend.
    Looking for 7mge/gte or 4agze injectors, if anyone has.
    and does anyone know a suitable fuel pump option for a basic turbo setup? Ive heard a turbo II fc one would suffice but I imagine I would have some trouble trying to track one down.
    Also having trouble getting in contact with spence from weir, so rear end stuff is still on hold.

Started a new job at country hills toyota!
    Anyway, I feel bad for all 9000 of the views on this thread. not a whole lot going on. Hayashis are gone back to Paul cause hes a great guy and wanted to help me out before I left on a snowboarding trip, which was incredible btw. Kimberly rules.
    When calgarys weather decides to get its poop in a group ill get some work done.

Walbro 255

I frequent alot of my local junkyards, I get alot of mk3 supras and FC's in there. I know there's at least two 7mge mk3's in the yard at the moment. If I pull the injectors out for you, I could ship them up to you, would you be interested? Or are you looking for something more local?
    '80 MX32 sedan |'83 AE71 wagon |'84 AE86 hatch
    '85 AE86 coupe |'86 AE86 hatch |'86 AE86 coupe
    '88 MR2 S/C |'86 S12 hatch |'88 Silvia K's
    '91 Z30 Soarer '92 JZS147 Aristo |'92 S13 coupe
    '93 R33 Skyline |'98 S14 kouki

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMatic View Post
    Is dyno like 200 for the hp if mustang shifts but 300 if corolla shifts?

Walbro 255 off TF is like $80. Don't get FC injectors they run lil motors like ****. Supra 440cc are great and will get you to 225-250hp. Let me know if you have more questions. I have tried a lot of ****.
    BCWORKS

7m ge and gte injectors are different though. the gte are 440 fi sho. would be a great add on for now and later powers

GE cressida injectors (greentop) are high impedance 315cc/min.

In Toyota, we rust.

315 might get you 7psi on a tiny t25.
    BCWORKS

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    315 might get you 7psi on a tiny t25.
    Just bump your fuel pressure up to 80psi. Injectors will become self cleaning and will work great.

RETIRED

I'm maxing out 440cc at 70psi base with a rrfpr. 12psi at 250 ish HP.
    BCWORKS

Im shooting for around 170hp so tiny t25 it is! already have the turbo anyway. I dont want to run any more than 8psi for the time being.
    I believe stock t25s open at 9 and can spike 12? So i need to custom a 7 or 8 psi actuator. Ill look into that.
    Thanks for the offer Brandon G! But i think ill be getting a hook up out of east van through J-Min who has some ge 395s ready to go.
    High impedance so Id have to jump the resistor, correct?

anyway, talking fuel: Walbro 255, 7mge injectors, fpr (havent looked into yet), a 10:1 fmu, and things should be gravy. obvs a wideband to monitor afr's too
    Im still learning about the magical world of boost everyday, so apologies if im missing some stuff.
    Now I was reading on c4ag about tightening the afm "6 clicks?" I didnt know you could tighten anything on them!
    mines off the car and in the garage so ill monkey around with it tomorrow after class.
    I want to avoid going aftermarket ecu for as long as I can! Ive read tons of builds using the stock ecu, so im hoping to pull it off.
    shame I already parted with my MAP stuff or a piggyback could have been involved in the situation.

Anyway, as things are standing right now, Id like to finish my rear end and get it in the car asap, as well as button up the interior and suspension stuffs.
    Id like to get the car running and break in the diff and have some fun >
    then when I go to do the valve seals and front main seal (source of horrendous oil leak, make big mess) I will hopefully have all the parts around to upgrade to this turbo setup as well!

Warren! Ill facebook ya with some questions im sure sometime in the foreseeable future!

Will ignore all questions until you buy a standalone.
    BCWORKS