Thread: Project: 'Rauh Around the Edges' FC3S4 TII RX-7 Build

"Nakai sent me gt3rs pull straps bla."

Mr. Rauh Welt Nakai?

Do you travel to Japan often?

Quote Originally Posted by dub c View Post
    "Nakai sent me gt3rs pull straps bla."

Mr. Rauh Welt Nakai?

Do you travel to Japan often?
    That's right. And yeah, I do. I just got back a few weeks ago from our last trip renting an apartment in Yokohama. That trip was about 1.5 months (3rd trip this year) and we were there capturing content, footage, and networking for CS.

That's where I'd normally stop with this... but Dori-Kaze is a community with a head on it's shoulders so maybe you guys will be interested in some of this, and the rest of the story. That's what the "Rauh" in the project title is a head-nod too, which I'm sure most people already figured out, haha.

I work with them and help handle their social media, and help with aspects of branding, international relations, etc.

But, it's a friendship before a business relationship, and that will always be the case. We stand for the same ideals within the automotive world... pushing cars that are functional, but stylish, and become more than just machines. As well as building true community around them. People first, cars second. The Heart & (Circuit) Soul of tuning, racing and general car culture. Pushing the envelope and doing things differently... the way you'd like them to be done, regardless of mass appeal. And actively changing what you don't like, rather than just accepting it or complaining about it. Because of that help each other out, and help each other's companies out. Which is why you'll see a lot of support for RWB through CS, and vice versa... to the simplest level of decals / stickers supporting each other.

It's pretty unreal being able to call someone that you have so much respect for a good friend. It's still an honor, and never fails to put the biggest smile on my face seeing this kind of stuff pop up in random photos...

Nakai actually had these decals done up himself (through Mr. Fukushima, who cuts all their vinyl, including the 'names' on the sideskirts), as a surprise for us before the 12H Endurance Race at Fuji back in July... massive CS decals over the rear over-fender, where he felt was the most fitting spot.

And our Victory Gloves have been popping up everywhere.

We have a lot of cool stuff in the works internationally between Canada and Japan, and a range of companies including RWB. It's been surreal seeing the amount of international support we have between average grassroots joes to race drivers, companies big and small, tuning shops, the list goes on. A lot of people assume that companies like this just appear out of thin air, and are all backed by multi-million dollar budgets... this has all been self-planned, self-started, self-funded, and built by myself with the help of my friends, new and old.

It's already been an unbelievable amount of time, work, and money... but we're just about ready to actually launch, and have some really big things up our sleeve. Even if this all fell flat on its face tomorrow, I would still wake up with a smile on my face from the people I've met, the friends I've made, and the things I've experienced. But it will work, because we're going to make it work, and we're going to change what we feel needs to be, for the better.

Anyway, this is getting way off topic now, so I'll leave it at that.

Meeow! tons of fun and style going into that old gal. I'm going to bet that car came from Richmond at some point? looks ridiculously familiar.
    81,84,87, 88 toyota cressida, 84 bj60, 85 bj60, 86 hj60soa, 71 datsun 521 pickup

hey bro i think i saw your FC at WestEdmontonMall where the WaterPark parking lot is just a year ago, you were cruisin with one of ur bros i think
    & yeah the front driver side of the fender was dented lol i still remember ur car.... nice FC btw

Quote Originally Posted by shancerlelby View Post
    Meeow! tons of fun and style going into that old gal. I'm going to bet that car came from Richmond at some point? looks ridiculously familiar.
    This one's actually been an Edmonton car since original purchase. It's last life was pretty standard modification route for street FC's though (wheels, dual mufflers, and lowering springs etc.), haha.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Ages View Post
    hey bro i think i saw your FC at WestEdmontonMall where the WaterPark parking lot is just a year ago, you were cruisin with one of ur bros i think
    & yeah the front driver side of the fender was dented lol i still remember ur car.... nice FC btw
    I've only owned this car for 6 months, so it must have been the previous owner.

That is so overwhelming. I've been following Rauh Welt for a little while now, a little before they blew up on Speedhunters and what not.
    I cant believe you have been a part of that saga, I cant believe how fast its grown in the past year, like wild fire. Taiwan and the US, that just boggles my mind.
    Congrats on the making big moves!

Quote Originally Posted by dub c View Post
    That is so overwhelming. I've been following Rauh Welt for a little while now, a little before they blew up on Speedhunters and what not.
    I cant believe you have been a part of that saga, I cant believe how fast its grown in the past year, like wild fire. Taiwan and the US, that just boggles my mind.
    Congrats on the making big moves!
    Close, Thailand actually! We stopped by RWB Autohaus about a month ago, as well (the Thai location). Chin, the owner, is a great guy and holds the same vision and dedication to the brand that anyone could hope for.

There's some big things coming in the next little bit, if all pans out.

I'm down with Circuit Soul. Mike followed Alex to Vegas and did some great work for us.

Rocking the victory sticker on his race car!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    i like to go into lordco and just yell into the mufflers they have in stock until i find one that tickles my fancy
    Wisdom from NeptuneD on choosing mufflers for exhaust note

Quote Originally Posted by VickersGTS View Post
    I'm down with Circuit Soul. Mike followed Alex to Vegas and did some great work for us.

Rocking the victory sticker on his race car!
    Appreciate that, man! And yeah, was stoked to see the gloves on Alex's car too!

need update
    lolwut

thats one sexi ass fc

Finally finishing this thing up. I move to Van in a couple days. ****. I didn't manage my time very well on this one . . . Lots of late nights coming up over the next few days.

Updates:

Exhaust is finished (aside from the mid-pipe, which needs the flex pipe lined up and zapped in)

Full 3.0" 304SS custom straight pipe, v-band throughout. A couple pie-cuts to achieve the long angled straight from the axle back. Looks good. Will be loud.

Picked up a larger 16" Maradyne 1850 CFM electric fan for the rad.

Started laying out the in-cabin monitoring. Oil pressure on the left of cluster, tach in the center (bolted to the dash tray above the steering column), wideband to the right (angled around the cluster hump), boost gauge and EGT on the flat-deck of the dash to the right, hand commander on a quick-release suction mount for now (until I modify the Apex'i dash mount I have, that's designed for an RHD FD . . . or maybe I'll just sell and make one from scratch, slipped into the glove box seam). BEE*R will go in the driver's side center vent with the HKS EVC IV boost controller commander, similar to how I ran my SW20's BEE*R/EVC setup.

Wrapped up the manifold in some "DEI Titanium" wrap.

Would have liked to get the final overlap on the bottom, but it was a bunch of scraps I had kicking around. Didn't want to fork over another $60 for a new roll.

Exhaust now has only one standard mitsu flange / gasket right off the exhaust housing. Decided to convert the Trust downpipe (to mid-pipe) to V-band as well. Simple, simple.

Lining up the exhaust and measuring out necessary mid-pipe extension. Will be keeping the rear bumper over-hang, but with a downward slash cut. Selling the rear BN bumper, and staying stock with a couple holes drilled through it, wrapped in a RE-A diffuser + vortex generators, capped off with an F1 light in the center. really happy with the overall look and angle as is though.

This picture was taken with only one exhaust hanger hung, but still gives you a decent idea.

Mid-pipe needs to be extended a couple inches, and then have the flex pipe welded in once all the lengths / clearances are finalized.

Went with an FD3S Power FC unit and now have to wire in the FD IAT sensor, secondary FC trailing coil and 3 bar MAP sensor. All nice and clean to OEM pigtails. I also picked up a wiring harness adaptor so I don't have to modify the OEM harness. However, once I get settled into my new place in BC I'll be ordering a new OEM unit and removing the ****load of now-dead OEM pinouts and rerouting a number of things. But, still going to be running the wiring harness conversion adapter off the main plug.

More soon. This thing is priority the next few days.
    Last edited by IllestVillains; 04-27-2012 at 03:00 AM.

Im liking where this is going. Keep up the great work.
    Hassan Raza

Nice rims I had the same ones on my 240, they are so light it's kinda odd. The car looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by woodenturn View Post
    DK should ban such nonsense. 2 cents~ sr86 www.dorikaze.net/showthread.php?32933-Elizabeth

great work on the car! are you turning this car into the RWB style with the big overfenders, wing, and sideskirts?
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age
    "The Miata will get some compliments along with some ?hairdresser? comments and odd looks from the average public, enthusiasts are never really sure if you are a stance guy, a drifter, or a homosexual"
    BUILD THREAD!!!
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...-pics-page-5!*

Thanks guys. And this will see some similar styling. Nakai & I tend to agree on a lot of styling cues, but it will most definitely have it's own distinct look. Hard style.

Lack of updates. Blame the move. Vancouver isn't an easy area to settle into, especially when you're self-employed and focusing on launching a start-up company. This is sitting in my garage, but I haven't had any time to touch it since getting here. Shop space is looking to be a go this week, if all goes well, and I'll be finishing this up immediately following. If I can get 3 days to sit down with it, I can have it all buttoned up. I've even got the paint sitting here waiting to be sprayed. Just lacking the time. My bike has gotten every minute of priority, as it's my daily out here for the time being.

Couple more bangers for this heap . . .

Quit building and plan our Japan trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastaracer View Post
    Ah yes, the elusive Mr. Watson returns to the old school Toyota forum...with a Datsun.

15" Enkei 92's??? BN aero?? My brain is gunna explode from all this awesome