Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ae86 gts not starting after I changed chassis harness (4age bluetop)(redtop harness)

Quote Originally Posted by Duy- View Post
    So it's a stock Bluetop now and not a gze? Why not just buy an engine harness or body harness to replace it with? Also am I the only one who just squirts fuel into the intake manually through the pcv hose to check if it's a fuel problem? Squirt enough and it'll start.

I'm not trying to be rude I'm just trying to say that your labour is worth money too, getting a new used harness would save you a lot of hassle and stress
    Don't worry bro I know ur not trying to be rude
    I have both harness replaced with good condition ones and I've tried the fuel in the intake and when I do that it starts and runs okay I am positive it is a fuel problem.
    And yes it's a stock bluetop now not a gze.
    I broke the fuel line that goes from the filter to fuel rail because im an idiot so I gotta get a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Duy- View Post
    So it's a stock Bluetop now and not a gze? Why not just buy an engine harness or body harness to replace it with? Also am I the only one who just squirts fuel into the intake manually through the pcv hose to check if it's a fuel problem? Squirt enough and it'll start.

I'm not trying to be rude I'm just trying to say that your labour is worth money too, getting a new used harness would save you a lot of hassle and stress
    Lol don't worry I know ye not trying to be rude any info that you guys post is a big help cause I have no idea what I'm doing just kinda trying things as I go along ...,

Anyways.. Ive already confirmed that it is a fuel problem by squirting brake cleaner in the intake manifold and it started and ran just fine ... I should have used gas but I guess I had no chooice st the time.
    Also there is no point in me trying to get another harness because both the body and engine harness are in good condition with no cut wired ( except around the radio )

Just to confirm it is now a bluetop not a gze

I just got the ventilation system 3/4 way back in but it's like 4am now so ima go to bed for now ...

On another note I quickly got the seals for sunroof and s piece of trim around the windsheold I was missing from this place I found called cabe Toyota so koodos to them for hooking me up.. Ima sand blast and fix the little rust my sunroof has and put it back together get my seats and interior back in get my quarter panels fixed up Nd hopefully on the road by mid may

Mom is going to throw away my car if it's nit running by then

I'm going to get that part i broke when I wake up and then run 12 v to fuel pump crank Nd cross fingers, legs Nd arms

If anyone lives in the gta and can make it to Brampton let me know because it would be so much help if some one could help me !!thx guys !

Just an update, he installed his old harness and it runs and idles(how well i dont know).

However, if he blips the throttle, it bogs and idles poorly.

Any ideas?

I was thinking timing was off
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...192#post401192
    Last edited by Jehuty77; 05-04-2012 at 09:43 AM.

I had a similar problem with an older volvo, after doing all the checks and balances with the electrical and fuel pump, It ended up being the idle air control valve that was the culprit. Try checking your idle air control valve.

Sidewinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty77 View Post
    Just an update, he installed his old harness and it runs and idles(how well i dont know).

However, if he blips the throttle, it bogs and idles poorly.

Any ideas?

I was thinking timing was off
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...192#post401192
    Yes, I told him the timing was off. It's backfiring from the intake lol

oh really?

I toldem to check the timing, such an easy fix.