Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819202122232565 ... LastLast

Thread: Most recent photo(s) of your vehicle(s)

Hey you bought a car that is going to be giving you headaches. I was only trying to help. And I said I would have put a one piece, but I guess that's my opinion. If you don't want a a random opinion go message AMC who I think built the car. If you are going to come here being an idiot swearing because your upset come say it in person. No reason to come here being a child swearing saying everything I'm saying is complete bs.

I gave my 2 cents and you didn't like it. I tried being the bigger person and bluntly apologized for coming across rudely. Your the ass hole continuing to call names on the Internet.

I won't reply any more to your comments.

Hope the car works out for you.

Lol nice job being a bigger person by saying sorry and then just repeating what your saying again anyways that seems very sincere of you lol if you don't get it then whatever if I ever see you in person I'll tell it to your face too. BTW the cars running like a champ.
    My daily sucks as a daily, LOL!

More pics, less TJ posting during his period.

Leboe

owned vehicles
    92 LN130 | 76 MX13 | 87 Civic | 87 AE86 | 93 VZN105 | 81 TE72W | 85 RA64 | 85 AE86 | 93 RN130

what you running for wheels derek?
    Quote Originally Posted by 666 View Post
    OldSkoolCustoms

More old toyotas then common sense

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoQuinn View Post
    Damn Quin, looks really clean. What happened to the E30?

And TJ, gtfo, lol. I try not to bitch at the noobs but your just straight up a f*cking retard. Either stop posting nonsense about things you know nothing about or don't post at all. Your original post in this thread is a great display of your stupidity. Your the one who started insulting people btw. First the original owner of the vehicle and then Bunta.

I have never seen that car in person, or heard of it, however here is why you are an idiot:

-F20/F22C sits at an angle from factory. I'll let you figure out why on your own sherlock.
    -The transmission does not sit at an angle, it sits perfectly flat when mated to the "angled" motor.
    -The transmission tunnel was not "bent" to fit the "angled" engine. How the **** do you bend a tunnel? English much? It might have been modified for clearance. Either way, it's to clear the transmission bell housing, not the engine.
    -2 Keys is one way to get around the EWS (or whatever Honda Calls it). I'd like to see you wire in that in, lol. There are other ways to eliminate the EWS altogether with the factory ECU, but I highly doubt you know a single thing about it.
    -If the car runs the wiring is not garbage, it is perfectly functional. If you can do a better job good for you. It seems highly unlikely from your posts thus far. Not to mention you don't seem to be qualified to even operate a dipstick, let alone judge a wiring job.
    -If you knew a single thing about mechanical vehicle suspension you would know why a one piece drive shaft is a bad idea for an AE86 street car. I'm not even going to even get into it. You are WRONG.

Stop littering the forum with your garbage.

Cheers,

Carthik
    1986 Toyota Trueno GTV
    1990 Nissan Skyline GT-R
    1991 BMW 318is
    1990 Honda Civic DX 3DR

1989 Yamaha YSR 80
    2003 Derbi GPR 50 R

Quote Originally Posted by carthik2 View Post
    -If you knew a single thing about mechanical vehicle suspension you would know why a one piece drive shaft is a bad idea for an AE86 street car. I'm not even going to even get into it. You are WRONG.

Carthik
    I have a AE86 street car with a one piece aluminum drive shaft, why is this a bad idea?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	622041_10151061080385513_1441700528_o.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	159.1 KB 
ID:	9578

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	558194_10151061081720513_1158837038_n.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	9579

yea why. lots of old vehicles have a solid shaft, my te wagon is solid shaft
    OldSkoolCustoms

More old toyotas then common sense

tommy is offline Redneck engineer/machinist
    2 things :

1 - More rear unsprung weight than a 2 piece design

2- When rotating a shaft that is held by both ends, inertia will try to bend it in the middle. If you spin it fast enough, it will eventually brake or deform permanently which is never a good thing. A longer shaft will have higher forces applied than a shorter shaft when spun at the same RPM... in other words, you can spin a 2 piece driveshaft at a much higher RPM than a one piece shaft of the same lenght because the 2 piece is held in the center and those force will be calculated on the front and rear piece independently and since the relation is non-linear, it makes a lot of a difference...
    TE31 1977 - 2T-B (traded)
    KE20 1974 - Destroked 7A, project "bigblock A meets peanut" Link to build thread (Sold)
    AE95 1990 - 4A-GZE daily driven wagon...

I have run a 1 piece drive shaft for years, this is a bunch of crap.
    | www.CellBlockD.org - Vancouver Area Drift Events | www.driftsafari.com |

Me too... I don't know the technical benefits and negative effects but here's what I noticed

Revs up faster, more responsive, serviceable

Shakes a lot, makes noise (both when the pinion angle was off)

I always thought it was just up to choice and preference.. This should really be moved to a new thread

I hope all you one piece shafters are running a hoop...if that thing let's go, it'll be launch time.

666 is offline Tested positive for Corolla
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolcool View Post
    what you running for wheels derek?
    I have my SSR meshies on there, R 14x8j -3, F 14x7.5j 0ish with 195/60/R14 azenis.

1987 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon RIP donor to the 81'
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon *Now* 5spd Drifto
    1980 Toyota Corolla 4Spd Sedan
    1982 Toyota Corolla 5spd Wagon
    1981 Toyota Corolla Auto Wagon

One piece shaft is fine, but like rasta said, get a hoop. Also there is much more NVH with a 1 pc shaft.

I'm glad we're all in agreement that TJ is a douche nozzle

1 piece on a 4ag setup is fine since there's u-joints on both ends but on the s2k driveshaft there's cv joints since the s2k has an IRS there's no problems but if you put that on a live axle AE rear end it gets dangerous. Pretty much every shop that does the swap has told me to just splice the 2 oem shafts together for safety and the fact that it's insanely cost effective.
    My daily sucks as a daily, LOL!

Back on topic.

Your bikes in the way

^^^ I've been riding it more than my 86 lately! ;P

Quote Originally Posted by bmx269 View Post
    I have run a 1 piece drive shaft for years, this is a bunch of crap.
    It isn't. If you haven't had issues, it's because your driveshaft has enought inertia moment (mostly affected by diameter, but also thickness) to put the critical shaft speed higher than the speed you're spinning it with your current diff ratio/tire size.

What engine did you swap ?

ramsay ya dink, dont tease us like that. bump that bulid thread,mang