Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: V8 powered MR2 build

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Groenink View Post
    Someone's been watching project binky!

I just discovered and watched project binky this weekend.
    I love that little mini!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
    I just discovered and watched project binky this weekend.
    I love that little mini!!!
    That's a great build series, very well done!

What's project blinky?
    CAD has been around for decades.
    I've been using it since way before corolla

Quote Originally Posted by paulcorolla View Post
    What's project blinky?
    CAD has been around for decades.
    I've been using it since way before corolla
    Paul, go to Youtube and search "4wd mini Binky" and then prepare to be entertained... old mini + GT4 + British humour.

This V8 MR2 is an inspiring build by the way! Keep Up the great work! Adam
    Josh Danish is a Scammer

I started finishing the window frame now that the weather has finally turned around here (although next week is supposed to be cold again).

Made a few mistakes, had to remake this piece (too short in both directions):

Hopefully I can weld all this stuff up Friday as I'm gone most of the weekend. Threaded bolt holes on the sides are for interior trim to cover the sides of the new window:

The weather has dramatically improved here in Igloo territory, so I've had a few days to sort some important pieces out. I have a (hopefully) clever idea for the third brake light power source/hood catch to be integrated, I will try and sketch it out this week. I just don't want the hatch to fly up as soon as the latches are popped, and I don't want to run wiring all the way through the frame either (seems to easy ). With two gas supports on each side, it will be interesting to figure out how to make this manageable without stressing the glass.

Last weekend I finished welding the rear window frame together:

Starting to mount the strikers to the hatch frame (hoping no weird torsion cracks with enough bracing):

Latch mount being mocked up:

Final mount design for the latch (I'm going to reduce the spring strength slightly for both latches, not needing as much force when you've got two instead of one):

I spot my AW11 in the last picture. I miss her

Don't worry, she's destined for great (forced induction) things

I'm really sorry for the lack of updates, this summer has been a whirlwind of change. I'm still dealing with losing all the hearing in my right ear, have had to take on quite a few side jobs to pay the bills, and am now in the process of a massive career change that will greatly affect my budget for builds.

Rest assured, this beast of mine will be finished.

I'm hoping the career change allows me the freedom to build more outside of work. Please be patient and stay tuned, she should be in primer before the end of the year.

Can you paint the whole thing one colour of primer, just so I can get an impression of the consistency of the shape? lol thanks.
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

you mean my prototype camouflage works well?

The whole car will get ppg primer grey

Yo - I just registered to subscribe to the thread, and seeing as you are at something of an impasse just now I thought you might appreciate a bit of morale support...

A few years ago I changed career paths and during the turbulent transition virtually everything bar the wife, kid, and two of the cars had to get sold to keep food on the table; one of those cars being the MR2 which was laid up. A few years later I've got my own industrial unit as a workshop, two and four poster ramps, and the MR2 is sitting in primer on a widebody kit with a custom one piece clamshell. I've attached a couple of images, two are as the car currently sits, the other as I envisage it looking when finished...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57B5.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	14488

Name:	DSC_0006.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	14489

Name:	DSC_0007.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	14490

Later on I'm going to put an Audi RS4 engine in the back but where you've moved the rear axle line back on the body, I'm going to be moving the firewall forward and keeping the axle in the stock location.

Even though times may be tough just now, you are obviously determined and talented so rest assured you will get there.

Just registered after reading through the whole thread. Please don't give up now after so much hard work and effort you've put in! I'm now subscribed and will wait for your next update. I could never even dream of doing a fraction of this, I'm really impressed! She's going to look amazing!
    Your other half must be very understanding!

Finally a day off! 50+ hours a week hasn't allowed me to do much lately. Right now I'm spending the time in the freezing cold filling in the gaps on welds I haven't finished. I'm still playing with the front fenders too, they are 95% complete. The last bits to finish are the front edges where it meets the bumper and the under hood mount areas, I'm trying to clean it up so when you pop the hood it looks factory. If I can finish the front fenders the welding is almost done, save for the trunk skin and two minor quarter panel patches to bring the shape back in the right way. Sorry no new pictures, but I'll attach a few that I don't think I posted here yet. This stuff is boring right now I should say though, I'm super excited to get to the bodywork, it's the only thing that pushes me through the slog of welding and grinding.

Jayridium - that widebody looks fantastic! Do you have a build thread? A guy in the states moved his firewall forward for the 4.2L Audi V8 but as you've read, I prefer to keep the passenger compartment intact and aim for that "magical" 104.5" wheelbase.

Blue-kiwi - I won't give up on this, I've only had one build in my life not completed (20+ builds), a stupid ass BMW. The only reason it wasn't completed was because I had the wrong ECU and spent too much time trying to make the wrong one work.

It had fenders and a hood, and was all one colour when I was done, just wasn't running. 1981 e21 with a m50b25.

The pictures from a few weeks back, had to test fit the plastics to finish off metal work on the fenders and hood.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am Excited.

o man I almost forgot about this car, keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age
    "The Miata will get some compliments along with some ?hairdresser? comments and odd looks from the average public, enthusiasts are never really sure if you are a stance guy, a drifter, or a homosexual"
    BUILD THREAD!!!
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...-pics-page-5!*

I've been trimming the interior of the front fenders today. I'm trying to prep for bodywork on these at the same time as the hood.

It seems like nothing is going on, but I have to press on...

Just read this. Fabulous build! Great work!

I haven't been on this site for approx 2 years. I had a thought and was like I wonder where this project is at. So I logged on and searched for this thread. Keep up the good work me and we're excited to see the finished product.

Things are still happening...