Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My biggest project yet - A real (-ly big) garage

My biggest project yet - A real (-ly big) garage

I know this is "members rides" but this is an ongoing project that will involve all my cars and probably more to come.

Anyways, here's my story:

I went to a garage sale. The garage was really really big. I asked if I could rent it, and the owner said I could buy it (and the house). Yikes. Two very painful and stress-filled roller-coaster-esque months later, I'm a home owner a second time over...but this time of a real (really really old) house, and a real (really old) garage.

Les Pics:

The last pics are from the impromptu unofficial house warming party I had two days after taking possession. Spencer came on a mission (and with Tequila), so he ended up being the first person to sleep in the garage after the driveway party was over and everyone went home.

The garage is nearly 700 sq. ft., very high, is wired for 220V, has gas and plumbing for a bathroom. It's old too. Very old. But not as old as the house. WTF have I done?

I'll likely put in a hoist and a mezzanine at some point, and a fireman pole is a good idea too I think.

Anyways, this is what I've been busy with. I'm sure I'll be back to post more updates.

Huge thank you to Jackrabbit for being my mental crutch and purveyor of beer during this ridiculous couple of months. Thanks to him and also to Vickers for helping me move at the drop of a hat 72 hours later too.

fin.

Migs
    Last edited by Migs; 10-25-2012 at 11:49 AM.

1986 GT-S Hatchback, 2002 IS300 5MT w/LSD, 1991 22RE 4x4 Pickup

Damn, that's a cool garage. Congrats on the new house, too ! Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Old house ownership is akin to old car ownership, let the fun begin!

But the real question is...

Is the Pontiac yours? It doesn't really fit with the whole Toyota thing, you know.

Congrats on the house purchase! I wish my house had a garage... instead it has a p.i.t.a. swimming pool...barf.
    - Project Hachi-Horror. The eternal money pit.

good job on the shop!

so tall!, if it wasn't so old I'd say make a loft

Quote Originally Posted by Migs View Post

Migs

post more sleeping pictures, I know you haz, slurp.

Quote Originally Posted by woodenturn View Post
    DK should ban such nonsense. 2 cents~ sr86 www.dorikaze.net/showthread.php?32933-Elizabeth

Badass.. congratulations man.. and ****, that isnt even old.. what, 50s? Huge frickin shop.. too cool.

.. and I like how you called a Fireman pole.. not a stripper pole.. really though, which one is closer to the truth?

Brett
    '87 AE86 - GTSR5 - Daily Driver
    '72 RA21 Celica - 'Ill build it one day'
    '73 RN27 Hilux - Restomod in progress
    '80 MX32 Cressida - Next in the project queue
    '91 SV25 Camry All-Trac - Winter DD

congrats on the new house and mansion garage! the unofficial house warming was awesome but now who will drop random parts on my front door bro?

bro!

narfy is offline gigidy gigidy... ooo right!!
    same era as my house... except i don't have a massive garage, or a massive corner lot...

congrats! i'm jealous u got such a big garage!
    VZN185 - 32" BFG AT, OME suspension, ARB bumper, lightforce lights, TRD trans cooler, TRD exhaust, AMT sliders, budbuilt plates...
    ZN6 - stock with HIDs and LEDs...
    fng@regencyauto.com

I'll send over my striper pole if you want it!!! lol im loosing my garage and it was part of the accessories .. congrats on the new aquisitions.. bigest investments of life... and its nothing that you waste money in that dosent come back one day if you sell... anywayz.. Its Awesome!!!! keep on!
    ROck a Drift

tommy is offline Redneck engineer/machinist
    Yeah, congrats on the house, I can't wait to sell mine in order to get a nice garage... but whatever I do, I bet I won't get one as nice as yours.

Old or not, enjoy it, you're pretty lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Migs View Post

What the hell.... you got that IS out and drove the Firebird in while that guy was still asleep... man that's way past out!
    TE31 1977 - 2T-B (traded)
    KE20 1974 - Destroked 7A, project "bigblock A meets peanut" Link to build thread (Sold)
    AE95 1990 - 4A-GZE daily driven wagon...

Very Cool Migsy!

Congratulations on your new garage (that comes with a house)! Now that you've got a freestanding house, big yard and crazy ideas I'm sure you'll have your hands full!

Enjoy it,
    Dave.

P.S. Are you storing the Firebird for your mom?
    The report of my death was an exaggeration. - Mark Twain

That is like my dream garage.

I'm jealous!

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

The garage may be old, but I will be strengthening a few key points so I can add that extra level/sitting area and hopefully a chain hoist hanging from the ceiling. Much of this could be years down the road though...I don't even have electricity or an outlet in my bathroom for some reason. I have to get insulation blown in both attics as well as I got the previous owner to remove all the asbestos as a condition of the sale.

Pizza delivery at night is looking mighty tempting again.

The Firebird is mom's. My grandmother (Anna) bought it brand new in 1969. My mom daily drives it to work in downtown Calgary every day in the summer, unfortunately around the same time I spotted this house the engine either dropped a valve or lost a push rod. It's definitely NOT being stored at my place, it's simply sitting until I get the engine sorted out. aaaaand that can't happen until I epoxy the entire garage floor with U-Coat.

This is nuts.

It's neat being able to pee on my own trees and bushes though!

Migs

1986 GT-S Hatchback, 2002 IS300 5MT w/LSD, 1991 22RE 4x4 Pickup

How much was that U-coat-it stuff?

Let me know if you need any help with the Firechicken.
    Bryan
    DK Moderator

the garage is a good size and i love the height - iams jealous for now..
    Quote Originally Posted by 4age
    "The Miata will get some compliments along with some ?hairdresser? comments and odd looks from the average public, enthusiasts are never really sure if you are a stance guy, a drifter, or a homosexual"
    BUILD THREAD!!!
    http://www.dorikaze.net/showthread.p...-pics-page-5!*

Congrats on the place! Looks like a great garage to start new projects
    Note to self: "Paint your side skirts Graham!!!"

Neat
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Ha ha! joey jo jo loves his Tequila! Love the house man, will be lots of work but worth it in the end. Blood sweat and tears
    "mmmango!"