Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AE86 vs 2011 Hyundai geneiss 3.8 L

AE86 vs 2011 Hyundai geneiss 3.8 L

Hey sup guys so I was having a debate with this guy in my class Nd he is convinced that an all motor or even supercharged or turbocharged corolla would loose to his genisess ... I don't agree with him but what do you guys think ? Also the genisess is trip tronic.

1/4 mile?
    Track?
    Touge?

Quote Originally Posted by project-d View Post
    Hey sup guys so I was having a debate with this guy in my class Nd he is convinced that an all motor or even supercharged or turbocharged corolla would loose to his genisess ... I don't agree with him but what do you guys think ? Also the genisess is trip tronic.

1/4 mile?
    Track?
    Touge?

AE86 wins every time!!! Haven't you watched Initial-D?

Coupe or 4door? Let's assume coupe, he is at 3400/306=11.1ibs/hp
    Stock bluetop a corolla is about as fast as any regular family car. If you guys are talking modded NA the corolla can rape it considering the formula Atlantic engine is doing 240hp easily.
    Stock supercharged the corolla on a drag will lose, but track it'd be close and really depends on the drivers and touge should be able to win.
    However you wanna look at it the corolla needs to be around 170hp+ to win pretty much hands down but still lose the 1/4mile.
    Also depends how each of them are geared.
    "I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better and continue to do so."

No contest
    86 is best! :/ mini vans are faster than modded ae86

You under estimate how useless and slow a 4age is in even moderate tunes.n Torque wins races, hp sells cars.

Geni is what, 14.5 @ 95-100mph? 4ag will lose, 20vs run liek 15.5 and you need alot of boost to get into the 13s

Took me over 200whp to get into the 14s and over 230whp into the 13s. My best was 13.5@110 IIRC and that was with traction spray compound **** on track and a perfect run. This was done at 16psi with a 1.9 60ft.
    I am your 4ajesus

PS: A genesis will walk a corolla on any track in equal forms of tune/tires.
    I am your 4ajesus

14.5 1/4 mile in an 86? Challenge accepted!
    But whenever you compare 2 cars that are just years apart, take in account price and budget? I'm sitting at 5k for my corolla right now with a blacktop. Your buddy spent 30k more than me, if I had that extra 30k... I probably sell the corolla, buy an 04 sti and the conversation would be a little different

How much rust does our theoretical corolla have?
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

is 20 pounds for a man?

In Toyota, we rust.

Just take a Genesis and a modded corolla to the track and compare.

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape

Quote Originally Posted by Duy- View Post
    But whenever you compare 2 cars that are just years apart, take in account price and budget? I'm sitting at 5k for my corolla right now with a blacktop. Your buddy spent 30k more than me, if I had that extra 30k... I probably sell the corolla, buy an 04 sti and the conversation would be a little different
    This

Also drivers is a factor, I've chased down one on the track before, mostly because he was a bad driver :S But it was alot of fun.

Hell My buddy chased down a guy driving the new GTR in his rust rolla, and the guy let him overtake, but the guy couldnt drive, just go fast in a straight line, dont get me wrong though, if he could drive, no chance in catching him.

Whatever, its still fun trying to contend with the big boys.
    Last edited by Jehuty77; 09-13-2012 at 01:52 PM.

my rolla is faster then a stock 3.8 or 2.0t geneiss and it's costed under 5kish.

but my engine will blow up soon - because 20 pounds for a guy is 50 pounds for a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by woodenturn View Post
    DK should ban such nonsense. 2 cents~ sr86 www.dorikaze.net/showthread.php?32933-Elizabeth

What Tom said.

25 years of technological improvement wins.

Brett
    '87 AE86 - GTSR5 - Daily Driver
    '72 RA21 Celica - 'Ill build it one day'
    '73 RN27 Hilux - Restomod in progress
    '80 MX32 Cressida - Next in the project queue
    '91 SV25 Camry All-Trac - Winter DD

If the Corolla is equiped with R compound tires, tuned suspension, better brake upgrade and a proper gear set. The stock Genesis's hp advantage would be deminished.

There are plenty of Fiats and micro cars with Hyabusa/R1 motorcycle engines that lay waste to 911 turbos, Audis, BMWs, Mustangs and Vettes on the strip.

Or you could ignore most of paragraph one and run a 1UZ'd AE86 leave it auto and go bumper cars at the track. lol

Quote Originally Posted by J-Min View Post
    is 20 pounds for a man?
    nonsense... Corolla is fast as fast cat!! lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Super+Fast+Cat.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	9921

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	funny-pictures-cat-will-help-with-bombs.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	9922

and if you let someone like Greg or Jordan drive... no contest.
    Last edited by REN69; 09-13-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Follow my Supra Antics on Facebook ---> HERE!

A: equal tires are key. B: Someone in a gtr has alot more to lose
    I am your 4ajesus

My basically stock Sohc s13 at the track with semi performance tires in front and all seasons in the back was competition to the Mazda 3's pushing about 260hp and weighed 2800ibs. One guy had his Mazda 3 doing 300hp so he was just a bit faster but that power to weight would beat the gensis on a track without a problem. Honestly really depends on driver but if my 2700ibs 240sx pushing maybe 155hp could keep up to a car in theory as fast as the genesis a 2300ibs corolla doing 170 should have no problems. Give it some coilovers, wildwood brakes and gripey 205mm tires and I would bet money on the corolla. Once again 1/4 is different story.
    "I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better and continue to do so."

why is this even being discussed? a stock 3.8 genesis coupe can run a low 13sec@3300ft elevation, ask me how i know? I owned one. ANY 4ag powered ae86 will lose. supercharged, turbo charged, twin charged it doesn't matter, stop watching initial D.

on the track a genesis coupe will still walk on an ae86 the suspension design in an ae86 is the exact same in my 72 ra21 celica which was designed in the late 60's with a solid axle, the suspension in the coupe is current and up to date. I've driven a fully built 1uz powered ae86 on a track and owned a v6 GT 6spd genesis coupe for 100,000kms.

people really do need to understand that the ae86 is an almost 30yr old econobox, it was never designed to be fast just economical and sporty sure its "fun" to drive but even in modded form its NOT fast
    Last edited by Steve Groenink; 09-13-2012 at 07:57 PM.
    Owned too many different modified toyotas to list LOL

Steve you're right. Not a worth while argument. When driven by experinced drivers, the Corolla always gets smoked. Unless the Stig drove your AE86 then the Genesis gets pwned unless your friend is the original (black) Stig.
    Last edited by Mr.Tru3no; 09-16-2012 at 06:45 PM.

What's a togue? Will my 86 be fast there?