Thread: 1991 Toyota Xtra Cab

1991 Toyota Xtra Cab

Have my winter beater for this year. So far loving it. Although, I'm trying to have some fun with it!

Does anyone know where I can find lowering springs/coilovers for the front of my truck? Trying to slam it, and what not. Te truck isn't pretty, needs alot of work but its a perfect candidate for a summer "driftbeater" providing I can weld up the diff, and it's always nice to have a pickup around.

Thank for your help ahead of time!
    1985 Cressida. Lots of work to be done...

Livin' the Low Life!

If it's a 2 wheel loosen the torsion bars and add washers under the knuckle blocks in the back. That's the easiest way to slam a 2 wheel done it before

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

yeah just flip the ball joints, and lower the front via torsion drop.
    The rear you can get cheap lowering blocks or springs. You can run coilovers in the front by making custom mounts and arms etc. Not really worth it, drop spindles are an option too for the front. I might one day put air bags in and notch the rear rails a bit. Find some 15x7 5x114.3 wheels with reasonable offset... My truck has a hopped up 22re and it won't drift in the dry really haha, so good luck with that.

Drop a JZ engine in it, that'll fix all your issues at the same time.

Not really a helpful hint compared to the other posts, I know.

Instead of welding the diff, get something like my setup. 7.5" LSD from a supra, with a better R&P ratio, 4.3 makes a 22re 'peppy'.

Bought a 1990 Jetta a few weeks back, saving it for summer to play with. Havnt focused much on the truck.

Truck as a 3.0 V6, not a 22re, and is 2wd. I have two inch lowering blocks for the back that'll go in soon, and have 15x7/15x8 procomp style steelies on it. Was thinking of maybe doing 17's

I'll figure out the whole torsion bar thing tomorrow I think. Unsure of how to do that method of lowering but ill try it!

Thanks!
    1985 Cressida. Lots of work to be done...

Livin' the Low Life!

Oh sweet you have the 8" rearend then. It's too late to explain the torsion bar thing but it's easy. Google it, or google the Factory service manual for a 91 pickup