Thread: electronics repair needed.

electronics repair needed.

Any members in the electronic repair business? I have a dc /ac invertor that does not work.
    I took the covers off and checked the 30a car style fuses and they are ok. that is as far as i dare go.
    it just is making buzzing noise, and not working .
    would be nice to get it fixed and have some power at the track for lights, soldering repairs etc.

Gary

I've seen some new that might be cheaper than getting repaired (sad but true modern scenario). I bought a 300w inverter ages ago and it was so expensive, now there are ones way stronger for way cheaper.
    "mmmango!"

this one is a 2500 watt invertor. i have not priced out new ones yet but i guess you always hope its something simple for the right person to fix.
    for some people fixing old corollas is not worth it, just because they dont know how, does not mean you just throw them away. i just need to find the right person.

Gary

I'm going to guess the board is fried that changes the current from direct to alternating, as stated above these have become very cheap and for a skilled tech to take it apart is going to cost parts(cheap) plus labour(not cheap)I doubt you will find someone willing to do it for much less than the 1-200 bux it will cost for a new one. Comparing an old corolla to electronics is hardly the same thing, being that corollas arn't being made anymore where as cheap chinese manufacturing has brought prices in electronics down drastically.

Food for thought

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_sacat...verter&_sop=15
    Last edited by AndrewE; 12-09-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Guess i should have looked at prices first. they were more expensive not that long ago. Just dont like the throw it away system of modern technology.

Gary

I actually need someone to have a look at some old amps I have (solid state included)

Migs

1986 GT-S Hatchback, 2002 IS300 5MT w/LSD, 1991 22RE 4x4 Pickup