Thread: 32/36 Redline Weber Carb Jet question

32/36 Redline Weber Carb Jet question

Hey DK,

Looks like nice weather is here for a few days in Alberta and It's time to take another stab at getting my e7 running.

What jet sizing should I get for my stock 3tc with a 32/36 dcoe redline weber carb? The carb came with 175 and 180 jets and I can't get the thing to idle. When I turn it over it just redlines and is about to explode, ran great with the stock carb.

any help would be great!
    1980 e7 4 Door - 1985 Toyota Celica Supra - 1987 Yamaha Maxim X - 2011 GMC Sierra 6.2L Vortec

If it is reving too high check the linkage to make sure the secondary is not stuck open. the idle jets can be changed also. they are on the side of the carb. the carb may come with one on each side. often the larger jet is on the primary barrel good for use on a 22r celica or such. switch it with the one on the secondary side, should be a smaller number .
    jets should be available to purchase if needed thru mopac. may have to wait to order.

Gary

nope the linkage is a non issue... I took the jets from the inside out and thats where i got the 175 and 180 jets. I had someone tell me I needed a 125 130? but im looking for some clarification before I go buying anything
    1980 e7 4 Door - 1985 Toyota Celica Supra - 1987 Yamaha Maxim X - 2011 GMC Sierra 6.2L Vortec

i have been having the same issue, my car seems to be flooding fuel down the carb leading me to belive that the float level is to high. might be your issue, i have the same sizing jets and was told it should run fine if it wasnt pouring fuel in. take a look with the filter off and see if it is atomizing the fuel or pouring it out like a 40oz at a compton funeral
    OldSkoolCustoms

More old toyotas then common sense

It most certainly is getting air from somewhere if it is revving up, either through a throttle partly open or an unlucky combo of a vacuum leak and fuel pouring in.

1970 KE17 Project
    1969 KE10 Slider

I started the car and its dumping fuel like crazy. I'll look into how to check the float level

Thanks I'll post back after trying that

when you figure it out tell me, i just keep driving mine regardless
    make sure you have all you vacuum lines plugged off well.

using a flamabble spray you can spray around the intake and find leaks, it will pick up rpm as it finds its way into the motor, another to double check is that your throttle linkage is loose and not holding it partly open

good luck guy hope you figure it out
    OldSkoolCustoms

More old toyotas then common sense

this helped me get mine to a steady idle: http://www.carburetion.com/weber/adjust.htm

then again I'm not sure if it will help with the over-fuelling. Do you have a fuel pressure regulator? These carbs only like about 3-4 psi, and E7 pumps tend to give an inconsistent 7-ish pounds.

Also: http://www.3tcgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12284

that last one is a guide for weber jetting. may or may not be of use to you
    Last edited by corolla_fiend; 02-26-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    Corollas just aren't Corollas anymore.