fs: 1983 supra (780)

Vehicle Details
    year : 1983
    make and model: toyota supra hardtop
    Exterior Color :black
    Interior Color : terracotta
    Auto or Manual? : manual
    Odometer Reading : 170,000kms
    Location of Vehicle :alberta beach (40 min west of edm.)
    Asking Price : $1000
    Description :
    this is a project car i've had since summer 2008, at that time it was 100% stock, i bought it from a friend in calgary who had owned it for 3-4 months after he bought it from the original owner. it has always been garage kept, by the original owner, my friend and myself.
    paint isn't perfect, but for an 83 its pretty damned good. interior isn't faded badly like most supras this age because of being garage kept. some rust around the fuel door, and minor surface showing in a couple areas, pics below. pop up headlights worked flawlessly when i was driving it, cruise worked, all controls and lights worked. brakes and suspension were good.
    i have 2 sets of stock wheels that will go with it. 1 set with used michelin pilots that were on the car when i bought it, 1 set with new tires, can't remember the brand of tires. i also have 1 set of 17x8 Rays engineering wheels that it is pictured with that are extra but are FS as well. they do require the use of spacers to work properly, i do have the spacers though. the 17's will be $1000 for the set of rims, with 1 set of brand new rubber mounted (235 fronts and 245 rears) and 1 set of brand new rubber extra as well.
    currently it has no engine or transmission. they were pulled for a 7mgte swap, which i stopped because what i REALLY wanted to do since my old 5mgte supra in 2005 was a chev gen3/4 v8 (ls1/ls2/l33, whatever) i have a front sump oilpan and pickup from an ls2 that will work for that swap and that can be included as well. i have seen many different motors/combinations in these cars, turboing the stock 5m, the japanese version 6m (3L vrs stock 2.8), swapping the NA or turbo 7m from the mk3 supra, 1jz, 2jz, the lexus 1uz v8 is a popular swap, sbc, sbf, and more have all been done, this engine bay has lots of room and the front end easily fits a big IC behind the bumper.
    it has a custom made upper block off panel, its powdercoated black to match the car. it is a functional piece and does help airflow to the radiator.
    it drove well when i had it, never had it maxed out but it was a nice ride on the highway and in the city, in the shape it's in it got attention on the roads, lots of compliments and thumbs up.
    pics
    summer of 2008

now, complete with a layer of dust

common rust areas, drivers side by rear wheel

passenger side by rear wheel

fuel door and antenna hole

close up of one of the 17's, they even have rays valve stem caps

contact info
    email: glennblakeman at gmail.com
    you can text/call me at 780 266 nine six nine 1, Glenn

That fuel door is the worst of the rust. I don't even know if the rest you list qualiies except maybe that seam under the passenger door. Noce chassis.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

thats why i'm showing the spots, to show that for a canadian car its NOT rusted to pieces LOL.

this would be so sexy with a 2j, one of my fav supras

Totally want one and have a 5m for it. Wife would kill me tho. 3 cressidas and 3 landcruisers make for a sketchy situation.
    81,84,87, 88 toyota cressida, 84 bj60, 85 bj60, 86 hj60soa, 71 datsun 521 pickup

this would make such a good track car project... sucks you're on the wrong end for me, and the wife would kill me as well, lol

1J, 2J, 1UZ the possibilities are endless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGVGRzJUJNo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snm_5v0p4hc
    Last edited by REN69; 02-14-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Follow my Supra Antics on Facebook ---> HERE!

ya, they're fun cars for sure, and a big enough engine bay to fit most popular swap motors. i have a front sump ls2 oilpan that i was going to use for a gen3/4 gm v8 after i decided not to 7mgte the car. i've had a 5mgte before, driven 2j swapped mk3's w/ the 6 spd, and seen almost every engine you can imagine shoehorned in these cars, all very cool.
    only reason i'm getting rid of it is because i have a duramax, snowmobile and the supra and i live on an acreage. so when i decided to keep 2 the supra lost. the other 2 run and are practical for the acreage and what we need there, because they both run still no more $ needed to enjoy them, as well as being fun projects for me.

Is this still for sale??