Thread: Long crank time and high idle

Long crank time and high idle

Hi,

I m having some trouble with my 4age 20v blacktop. When I m start the car it is taking a longer time to crank before it will start (only happens on cold start) and when the car does start up, it is running at idle speeds of 3000 rpm. I m suspecting it might be the idle air control valve. I was hoping to get some opinion on this. Thank you.

I would kindly suggest that you make a build thread, including pictures and as much detail as possible. That way it would be easier for us to help diagnose your problem.

Fresh swap? New problem?

Nee dmore info
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Sorry for the lack of information on my part, hopefully the information I've now added might be useful for a diagnose

Its a fresh swap. These are some of the things I've checked so far: check all the vacuum hoses and intake for leakage, synch the ITB and check the timing, throttle cable seems fine (not over tight), when I block the stacks the idle does drop and if I block the ISCV it dies completely.

Here are a build list for the engine:
    -ITB Stacks
    -TODA Cam Gear
    -TOMEI Pon Camshaft
    -Haltech Sprint 500 EMS
    -FGK Header

ISCV a possibility, if it's stuck at full open. Did you test the resistance per the manual?

get another username
    1985 Corolla GTS 4agze: SOLD
    1986 Reg Cab 4x4 Pickup 22rte

I know you said you checked, but you have a vacuum/large air leak. The hard start is because there is an air surplus. Also, are you running Alpha N style on your Haltech, or praying you have a good MAP signal?

Custom/Race Work, Chassis setup and Fabrication. Follow my Racing Shenanigans!!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trew-...8143224?ref=hl