Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cops Impound cars on sea to sky

Welcome to the police state. As crime rates drop, the cops need to make themselves seem useful and needed, so they start enforcing the mundane. If the cops didn't sensationalize boring events like this, we might not think we need so many of them anymore, and talk to our elected officials about better, community oriented projects to spend our taxpayer dollars on than a bunch of unneeded cops.

I don't think it's that simple dude, would you tell the 2 kids who lost their mother in the accident in Richmond speeding is a mundane event and doesn't deserved to be talked about? how about the father in surrey who lost his 2 kids, wife and step mother from someone speeding through a red light. so if you were the police and these 2 events just happened in the last 2 weeks, you would choose to ignore this? imagine the backlash if even one of these guys crashed. **** keeps happening, where are the police? yes they're probably better drivers than the 2 that caused those fatal accidents, but unfortunately there's no license to speed

Quote Originally Posted by Duy- View Post
    I don't think it's that simple dude, would you tell the 2 kids who lost their mother in the accident in Richmond speeding is a mundane event and doesn't deserved to be talked about? how about the father in surrey who lost his 2 kids, wife and step mother from someone speeding through a red light. so if you were the police and these 2 events just happened in the last 2 weeks, you would choose to ignore this? imagine the backlash if even one of these guys crashed. **** keeps happening, where are the police? yes they're probably better drivers than the 2 that caused those fatal accidents, but unfortunately there's no license to speed
    ^^^this
    1979 Cressida JZX3 VVTi

2econd Heart Garage

Build a track, and make it accessible to young guys with fast cars. Give them no reason to race on the road!
    "mmmango!"

Its funny how often it happens that I see someone driving like a complete tard and I wish a cop WAS there to nail them.

Nobody cares if a guy kills himself sliding off a road alone. When you put other people in danger you are a ****ing tool and need to give your head a shake. Your life would be ruined if you killed or disabled a child or any other innocent person.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Exactly. Regardless of how people feel about the effectiveness of the VPD, etc- their job is to protect you from harming yourself, and to protect others from you harming them.

If you're speeding on a windy road, or out drifting on the streets- don't get caught. If you know you are breaking the rules, don't get caught. IF you get caught, it's your own damn fault. That's part of the risk/fun of playing the game. I have no sympathy for these people (even though I know some of them) and I wouldn't expect any sympathy from you guys if MY car got taken away for excessive speed, or being caught streeting at night, etc.

In Toyota, we rust.

Speeding in a pack is just asking to get caught, it must suck to have your car taken away though. I can't even fathom the fines they had to pay or if they were even able to get their cars back after getting caught red handed like that. At the end of the night nobody was hurt and thats all that matters. Stay safe out there boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    i heart mike jakes
    Drive safely!!!

Speeding on an empty road in the middle of the night could get yourself or maybe an unlucky furry forest creature killed. Speeding through crazy traffic on Knight St endangers far more people. Totally different in my opinion.