Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Corolla Mission BC track day?

Corolla Mission BC track day?

Anyone interested in singling out one of the scheduled track days this year and getting a bunch of Corollas out? Did this once before and it was a blast having similar cars in the same run group. Doesn't just have to be Corollas as there are plenty other light weight momentum type cars out there. Thoughts?

that's a great idea, lets set up a time and date. I'm sure everyone's eager to really drive their cars, but too lazy to set anything up in a group

visean is offline Yo, troubled night in the John
    As long as I can get the time off, I'd be in.

OK, cool. I'll poke around to see what days the local track clubs are running. Would prefer to drive with Inside Line or the UBCSCC but will report back what I find.

Im in! Probably need a months notice though, need to buy helmet, tyres etc.

Interested! More info on requirements (safety gear, experience levels etc..), along with cost per session would be good.

I am in also! That would be a great day. Get go test up the recent build then on to The Ridge.

Here are a couple of days coming up. June 21st might be pushing it in terms of organizing etc. so I'm personally thinking the Aug 14th date with UBC would work the best, thoughts? Plus those guys break up the experienced group into slower and faster cars (at least they did when I used to drive with them).

One wrinkle I just thought of is individual experience amongst drivers. First time track drivers will have to drive in the first time group so that might split folks up a bit if there are some first timers going out. No worries, it will still be a blast I promise and definitely worth it. For everyone with track time, we register early and basically fill up a run group That's what happened last time. It was me, Brian, Narfy, a couple of others who I forget (apologies...) and a couple guys from Garage 5 driving track prepped Civics. So much fun!!!

@92ae20V - Cost is generally low to mid 200s depending on the club and I think that even includes lunch with UBC but don't quote me on that. Safety is pretty basic - no shorts for clothing. Helmets are mandatory and must be M2000 or SA2000 or above and UBC can arrange for loaners by request (I might also have my older SA2000 helmet kicking around too). After that it's your car. Main thing they tech is the battery tie down making sure it's secure. No leaks, decent tire tread, and sometimes brake pad life. Don't recall what they call min but I'd want at least 50%. Working seat belts of course. I've seen more in-depth tech inspections involve wheel bearing checks i.e. no wobbling. I personally also run new brake fluid, full flush depending on how many events I've done on it. Very least bleed before every track day but my setup is very hard on brakes / temp. That's all I can think of really.

Lastly, have fun, drive within your limits, have more fun, and drive her home in one piece :P

Fri June 21st - UBC Sports Car Club
    http://www.ubcscc.com/racing/track-days/

Wed Aug 14th - UBC Sports Car Club
    http://www.ubcscc.com/racing/track-days/

Tues Aug 20th - Inside Line
    http://www.morrisport.com/trackdays.html

I wish

I'll be there on friday ( june 21st ) with ubcscc most likely doing driver training for first time drivers at the track ( group c novice )

I'm interested. Haven't driven the track in over a year.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Contacted the organizers of the event today and they said registration opens as soon as the June 21st event closes. Also confirmed they allow passengers for all groups aside from novice, which is something I don't find very common at Mission. So experienced drivers can bring a friend!

I'm down for Aug 14th. So sign up for UBC SCC after the June 21st event? I think the car might just make it through tech inspections if they are as described above. Appreciate the detailed write up!

No problem. And yes registration should open after this weekend (wasn't available pre-this event). I'll check again over the weekend and will update with that I find.

I just attended the jun.21 track event. although I was probably the slowest car that day, it definitely reminded me of how much I love track days. will try to get time off and prep car for the august track day!
    Team おなに

Motor Village Crew unite!

Quote Originally Posted by death_blossom View Post
    I just attended the jun.21 track event. although I was probably the slowest car that day, it definitely reminded me of how much I love track days. will try to get time off and prep car for the august track day!

Nice! Glad you had a good day out. Wish I could've made the 21st as well Make sure to post some pics or videos if you have them!

Just checked the registration page and the Aug event still isn't up. Will check every so often and will update the thread when I see it's opened.

So is this happening on the 14th or 20th?

Going to be Aug 14th, but I still haven't seen registration come active.

ok... I am trying hard to have a car ready for this! Luckily I have to work in Van for August, so I'll be over anyways.

anything not in the middle of the week?