Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: 85 GT-S Coupe Rally car build

Are those steel wheels hub centric? It appears that those are generic FWD 4x114.3 steelies. Possibly could have failed due to the hub not taking any load if the wheel was not hub centric.

I need more wheels for sure. It'd be nice if I could scrape some cash together to get some new gravel tires
    http://i.imgur.com/whGaEBG.jpg

Rotate when Irate

nice work bud I just read ur whole blog. nice

That picture of the wheel coming off it amazing! Bravo you steel wheel killer!

Or you could have said "sorry, my kidnap victims keep kicking my elbow, it made me drop my crack pipe and swerve"

-bangnscrape

Valahr Steelgoulis
    All steelies must die

Rotate when Irate

I haven't been doing much corolla stuff over the last year, and I really don't see too much going on in the near future due to uncertainty in my job.
    We have been really slow for a couple of weeks now due to the downturn in the economy, and a lot of my co-workers are fearful that our company will be doing more layoffs In the future.
    With that in mind, I've just completely stopped thinking about/doing anything with my car; it's been collecting dust since the last test day and it's really bumming me out.
    Every time I go into my garage, I'm just reminded of the old glory days when I had the ambition and desire to get out an race, and it kills me to think I've gotten so far with the car, yet haven't even raced an actual rally yet.
    I don't want to give up, but it just seems like such a struggle just to get myself out there. Even the thought of going to compete in this November's Kananaskis rally fills me with dread and resentment.

Even if things pick up at work(and according to an email this morning, our company just got a rather large contract in a new neighborhood development) I just can't see myself getting bitten by the rally bug again.
    I don't wanna sell the car in the off chance I'll be racing sometime soon, but I can't just keep piling **** in top of it at the same time.

It's a depressing situation to say the least but I have to make sure I can survive and be able to keep a roof over my head, and right now even thinking about the car is making me more depressed.

I feel like I've lost my passion for motorsports, and since the CSCC seems to be in a sort of disarray right now, I don't know what the future holds.

I kinda based my short-term life goals around being able to support my rallying endeavors, but now I feel as if I've wasted my time trying to get into a sport that I really don't belong to(I.e. Rich-guy sports)
    I know it can be done cheaply, but I just don't get stoked about events like I used to, and don't even bother checking them out.

At least I'm not in debt, and have a secure job for the time being

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Rotate when Irate

Didnt you by a front wheel drive daily driver? that will suck the inspiration to race for sure!

recommend you get the rally car on the road and just drive. anywhere!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post

I feel like I've lost my passion for motorsports, and since the CSCC seems to be in a sort of disarray right now, I don't know what the future holds.

I kinda based my short-term life goals around being able to support my rallying endeavors, but now I feel as if I've wasted my time trying to get into a sport that I really don't belong to(I.e. Rich-guy sports)

I know it can be done cheaply, but I just don't get stoked about events like I used to, and don't even bother checking them out.
    I feel you pain on events/meets etc

I haven't gone to any in probably a year, for me I feel like the culture has changed, NOT only that but it feels like everywhere you go there are reports of enthusiasts getting nabbed

at some track events here police setup outside the event and nab everyone as they enter/leave for MOT inspections. Its really killed it for me so much so i just dont go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty77 View Post
    I feel you pain on events/meets etc

I haven't gone to any in probably a year, for me I feel like the culture has changed, NOT only that but it feels like everywhere you go there are reports of enthusiasts getting nabbed

at some track events here police setup outside the event and nab everyone as they enter/leave for MOT inspections. Its really killed it for me so much so i just dont go.
    What events are these, autocross or drift? And what tracks are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokubes View Post
    Is 20 pounds for the weight like 30 if a guy lifts?

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    What events are these, autocross or drift? And what tracks are you talking about?
    CSCS but i also had experiences of them outside Mosport (but only once)