Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost, but not Forgotten. Cressidas, the always in project stage, project

Lost, but not Forgotten. All of my Toyotas x3

Havent made a build thread in a loooooong time, and first time here.
    For whatever reason, I feel like sharing this car as I hope to have it for a very long time.
    I come from a Nissan background, and a simple mentallity, of keep it simple stupid. I am a pretty straight forward car person. Im not technical, i like to weld things, i hit things with hammers and paint things. I learn how things work and generally just bolt things on. This car, and these past couple years have really started to change that. I work and help Warren when I can, and I have learned a LOT from working with him and Joel. Been looking at life a lot differently, or maybe thats me getting older. This car is a totally new chassis to me, and also not being a Nissan, its made much differently. Better in a lot of ways, and many times I am scratching my head at everything Toyota did with this particular car, and general toyota traits. Like computers for everything.

I bought this car from a good friend of mine, Mat Peterson. The car hasnt seen tooooo many things done to it and he got out of cars and i had always wanted another cressida and a 1j. what kept me from doing the 1j thing was all the little parts and nothing being in one spot. So, this is a bare bones car. stock body, coils (S9/Stance v.1), stock 1J with full dp back exhaust, FMIC and an intake. Thats it. No gauges worked other than Fuel level. Stock Wheel, seats, the lot. Its as bare bones as it could get. It had a hesitation problem once going into boost. After putting in the Defi's I saw it was maxxing out at over 24psi. Curious how long this motor will last.

I daily'd it for a couple months last year. Got it home, addressed a lot of the apparent problems and things I wanted to get fixed before attempting to daily it. Took it off the road due to winter, then made a plan of the things that needed to be fixed. Twins were gone, temps were a solid 90C, under hood was HOT all the time, wanted to put my recaro srd driver seat in, did the passenger seat first to see how the rails would turn out. sort out lack of tach, no cold start, and dealing with all the little things and tidying up everything. I knew what I was getting into and figured it would be a long term project which I'd learn a lot of things I hadn't and just take my time.

just going to post some pics now. and will type more later.

pics are kinda in order:

Photos by Cole Chalmers aka IN TRANSIT media, i think all his pics have his watermark on them.

Before I started, this is how I bought it

^^ made the gauge display myself, first time, learned a bunch, I'd do somethings differently, but generally im happy with how it came out. Warren put the water temp sensor in the neck for me. Was going to weld a bung on but the casting was poo poo, so it was drilled and tapped.

seats just resting on the floor, was curious how low they could go, i can barely see over the dash, as i like it. passenger side i made working rails for. i ran out of time for the driver side and remembered how much i hated doing rails. Got used to factory leather and jumping in and out without a care so i was fine with that.

how I drove it after it was ready for dailying and seeing what bugs would pop up

light show!

toyota/DK/coffee meet. JD's LS, My X8 and Jordans Soarer

flat tire on the drivers side... wheel tore itself to death. still unsure what happened other than getting a flat and being on zero air pressure. got hot and boom

finally painting my mums car. also, after my second flat in a week. the TSW i was on, i found out recently was actually cracked, causing it to lose air and thus killed tire number 2. this is 17/17 wheel setup

current pic of rear brakes and figuring out all the fitting i needed to make that ss line. sprayed the calipers, put in speed bleeders re greased pads

what im currently working on. contracted Warren to make me some caliper brackets to use my 32GTR calipers and rotors. thats a ss line from a z32 ss line package, z32s use 2 hardlines for whatever reason. had to get custom short hardines made from coast to use this line, as i wouldnt be able to re sell the lines cause the fittings dont exist, a double make inverted flare/flair? i have recent pics but i havent uploaded them in a while. currently deleteing ABS. Seems all cressidas in canada were ABS, went to toyota and they dont list any of the non ABS lines or master or anything in their systems. this has proved interesting and has been kinda fun to learn how the system works and what can be done. i hope to get close to finishing that this weekend. Got a Tee from Warren to run the front outlet from the proprorsioning valve. got a short hardline to use for the driver side and going to get a flare tool to mod a ABS line for the passenger side.
    Last edited by battleaxe; 12-27-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Holy smokes, that is a very good looking car man! Love it! It reminds me of one that was in modified magazine a couple years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duy- View Post
    watcha doing neighbour?
    puttin speed holes in my car

Awesome build thread so far!
    I <3 cressidas. Looks really clean man. I like the simple look too. No body kit, except JZX81 front end

24 psi on stock twins without their little ceramic turbine wheels grenading is pretty impressive and rare. Nice project.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Den mother approved

That 24+psi was for a moment. But previous to that knowledge it had been done a few times id imagine.

The front wheels came in today. 18s all around now whoop

1UZPWR is offline More projects than friends
    Do you still have the old wheels/interested in selling?
    92 SC400-Stock, reliable, quiet and comfy.
    92 SC400-Sold the remains for $300
    87 Skoda Estelle-The unstoppable snow machine.
    86 Skoda Rapid-It will be fast someday
    82 Corolla-4AG'd!

which old wheels? the TSWs? I sold those to a good friend who just got married. Currently I don't have any wheels for sale, sorry dude.
    What rims are you looking for?

1UZPWR is offline More projects than friends
    Whatever the wheels are in the top pic, are they TSWs?

Thanks just the same
    92 SC400-Stock, reliable, quiet and comfy.
    92 SC400-Sold the remains for $300
    87 Skoda Estelle-The unstoppable snow machine.
    86 Skoda Rapid-It will be fast someday
    82 Corolla-4AG'd!

Dope. I look forward to rocket ship drag racing sedans in the future.
    BCWORKS

4th gear highway burn outs. thunder buttuckzz shall rise

If there's one thing I've learned from the first two thirds of the MC Hammer Biography, it's that money never runs out.

well, i went through all my pictures last night, as well as organized them.

this is what is currently going on:

this is the Borg Warner Turbo, ive also forgotten what model, 63xx? gotta reclock the turbo and deal with dump tube and china manifold. hard to find old 1jz logs in japan, but this will do for now.

Currently this is what the car looks like. many pieces everywhere, everything taken apart in the front and checked over to see what was done and missing/leaking etc.

Aristo 2JZ 440s. better than stock, should work well with the turbo for now for 400? and with safcII

tested the 18x9 +35 Model 5's. they dont clear the strut as i thought, will be running 20mm slip ons with ARP long studs

thats about it for this weekend. put my s13 back together for skids. slow weekend

That turbo is looking quite right.
    BCWORKS

So i guess it has an FCD if you were boosting 24psi.

I want to try a BW S200sx on my 1jz
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Turbo does look mighty fine. So tidy with the twins and their extraneous piping and shields gone.
    If there's one thing I've learned from the first two thirds of the MC Hammer Biography, it's that money never runs out.

No fcd. I also dont buy into that. Fuel pump isnt constant power either. Still ises the sub computers. Car is strange

man the light show of your dash and gauges looks wicked... man

owned vehicles
    92 LN130 | 76 MX13 | 87 Civic | 87 AE86 | 93 VZN105 | 81 TE72W | 85 RA64 | 85 AE86 | 93 RN130

Adding to the light show is a defi tach, kenwood deck to replace that alpine and a safcII. I feel like its 2001 again and i live in the fast n furious world...or a mkIV owner

X81 + battleaxe = success
    RS Fujimoto JZA70