Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314

Thread: Lost, but not Forgotten. Cressidas, the always in project stage, project

im sure ill do some damage..or something. supras and cressidas never get skidded with the M motor. so its hard to see what abuse they can go through

if you're 2rz swapping the supra it'd have to be turbo. I mean it's lighter than a 5M but has a little less output.

Budget turbo 2RZ easy 400hp.

Built NA 2RZ tons of $ maybe 300hp.

You could lowball this guy, 2RZ 5 speed combo ready to be freshened up

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/cto/5100326522.html

A 300hp 2RZ turbo setup that's quality enough to track will still be $4000 on top of the motor price easy.
    BCWORKS

Pshht. Ms2, dumpster turbo, log. $40 dollars tops.
    1987 Corolla GTS Hatch | 1985 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1987 Corolla GTS Coupe | 1992 Tercel CE | 1992 Paseo | 2003 Corolla CE | 1974 Corolla 4 Door | 1978 Corolla Coupe | 1979 Corolla Hatch SR5 | <3||||||1990 Miata |||||| <3
    I like Toyota's wanna fight about it?

Quote Originally Posted by pitobread View Post
    Pshht. Ms2, dumpster turbo, log. $40 dollars tops.

hahaha. i would turbo the 2RZ. adds up quick. but joel is totally right about a log, a whatever turbo, id still get a borg. redo intake manifold, management bloop bloop.
    5M is fine for the forseeable future. crossed my mind to turbo the 5M and use all the same parts for the 2RZ, but i lost interest in that due to all the extra bull**** to redo once it blows up.

that being said i have a spare fmic, many misc piping, the exhaust is mostly still there and already 3inch, already have a w58, i have a lot of items to make it on a modest budget. i just gave up budgetting everything, be thrifty, weld stuff and spend money where you need to. im not as smart or as skilled as joel is to make much stuff. but i can swing a hammer

cressida has a fuel pump...uh oh

finished the shop to where i wasnt tripping on tools and boxes and such finally, then i went away for a few days, then came back and decided to empty the cressida and put my dash together and wire in the deck. was suuuuper happy with the progress as this hasnt been worked on at all. did the fuel pump relay with inline fuse and fused at the main fuse kill switch as well, then braided loomed that. put the other battery in that will stay in there. going to take out the sub and amp until the car is a car and i can redo all the wiring in this mess. got a list, but a short list of things to make it a moving car that has "no" leaks. then its the play time stuff and weld seat brackets so i can sit in the driver seat without it falling backwards.

i left the glove box out until the rpm signal is correct on the defi tach. i moved it to the rpm2 signal because rom1 was showing double the revs. ill see what the safc says as well as if this rpm signal works. it pains me how the wiring is in this...i talked to bill and when i get bigger injectors and do more power things and put the haltech in, im going to get him to make a full new harness, cause the harness in the car is repulsive..and the chassis stuff can be tidied up too..but thats another task as i un cressidaed a lot of the car hahaha. the carpet is being left out til i weld up the seat brackets and im happy with how they sit, then ill throw the carpet back in. full plas'

anyways, space ship.

been 3? years, but the cressida finally moved under its own power again, even has steers!
    took it for a little drive down to the end of the street and back into the yard, just needed to see if the clutch engaged and the brakes stopped the car. all is good so far lol.
    now to tidy up an bunch of stuff and get it tuned some time in the close? future? iunno. im happy for this years progress on this thing. i wanna finish making it a car car and get a safc map to work enough where i can get it to indy speed.

Really looking good!

finally a thing.

1460kg, full tank of gas. lots left to do but it runs and drives. so thats sick. gotta do a once over before i schedule a date with Bill at Indy Speed. then get this car doing sick burn outs

well done sir, well done