Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost, but not Forgotten. Cressidas, the always in project stage, project

cressida has been on back burner for a lil bit. got a 94 corolla sedan and had been fixing that and modifying it at the same time to use as a daily for my gf and i. now that that has finally finished and got sorted, i then picked up Quinns P Type for a winter skidder, fun car...as I have many good feelings towards these supras. already got a short list for it. Drove it for a lap at the last drift practice, much fun.

cressida has just acquired some parts tonight as well and im currently paying off a ton of wheels i bought so parts hoarding has stopped currently while i deal with mad money.

got an oil cooler sitting in japan, going to be shipped soon, then i can run those lines, get an adapter, put ps pump back on, rack back in (waiting on a dust boot of all things), starter wire acquired, need to solder on a terminal dealio, intake stuff, wiring stuff, stuff stuff...list goes on forever

pics of corolla

Always wanted to build a sleeper but stanced corolla like that one. Take me for a rip next time you're in town!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Sleeper but stanced?

There was a kid at the local autocross events years ago that drove one of these. He did really well and the car was completely stock besides lowering springs and sticky tires. Still ran stock shocks. Def a solid grocery getter. I talked to him recently and they ended up engine swapping with something more modern I can't remember the designation.

Non-sufficient quantity of manual transmissions in said corolla.

Otherwise super clean, I like it.

Got it auto so my gf can drive it and ive cone to like an auto daily. These cars are fun as they are. Do boy, ill be on the mainland this weekend

finally, after some time, i have made time for the cressida this weekend...i hope it pans out.
    lil motivation for it was the T5's came in from japan and i put some tires on them. 18x10 +27 and they have 255/35s on them. trashy chrome.

going to work on the supra as well this weekend

Look awesome
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Looks great. I have a thing for big sedans.

good day today. with the help of warren got the camper inside the shop, coolant tube was tig’d all cute like, heater lines run, rack re wound, put together and installed. new inner and outer tie rods, used driver side tie rods, “XM” x7 rack conversion bushings, not their own cause what they make is crap.. put that rack in, going to run the starter wire soon. put a nardi wood shift knob in the supra to make me feel good about doing something to it hahahaha. moved the cars around, s13 in the shop to be fixed after my lil **** up last event, shouldnt take long. changed oil on corolla, forgot the washer on the drain plug, it looked like there wasnt one after draining it then after i was cleaning up i saw it seems to be chill as it is now. mount the T5s on the rear. quite keen on them haha. took no pics…everything was freezing cold. happy

pics from the weekend activities and today.

moved sides in the garage due to that camper there....gotta re organize this side now too. always interesting.

18x10 +27 with a 255/35/18... i dont think it will fit in the bodies current condition. many mods to the insides must happen. also needs extended studs to run the spacers

x7 rack with x8 outers. new inners and outers. 'xm' (they just put s13 and x7 bushings in one package...) conversion urethane rack spacers

cole chalmers old rack from his FAMOUS cressy wagon..now living on.

Husky Situations sticker added to my box.

put my wood wheel in the supra tonight as well. had to make sure the hilux boss fit, and i was very releived to find out that it did. this picture is minus the extended horn and cover that it uses. i think the wheel is hilarious and suits this car. going to put a quick release on it to run the other steering wheels.
    hope to work on it again this weekend and start the tidy up

Funny, I had thought a wood wheel would be perfect for it. Figure go.
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

Nice shop. Love the wheels on the wall haha

MKII things: cleaned inside, put the cover back on the wheel. put a battery in it and pressure washed the engine bay. washed it. pressure washed the hell out of the wheels, they were black. theyre mostly silver now. took the rear wiper out. heat sorta works. fan was working, then had too many leaves in it? slowed it right down. drives pretty good. need an exhaust fo sho, muffler broke off. all sorts of cool to get to. getting over a sinus infection, so not a hell of a lot to do. might be using it soon so i didnt put it inside to take it apart. PS pump was making all kinds of noise, added more fluid, seemed to quiet up a lil bit then got noisy again. PS go bye bye soon. did things on cressida too, nothing really interesting.

Looks like a really clean supra. Always wanted one. Got plenty of rides in my friends. Felt like a boat in corners when he had is old suspension in there but once he upgrade to some new shocks and lowering springs then change to a 7mgte felt like a really fun car.

not a clean car at all. lots of rust. ontario mint tho. i think it was repainted at some time in its life, as its been wet sanded and no paint is in a lot of spots. hatch is in terrible shape. id like to fix that in spring time...most of the rust stuff id like to fix hahaha. coilovers are in its future. wheels are on order. just doing a few things to it and will be a backup car for skids. for practise days or pumpkin layout. s13 is more fun for high speed and dry days. supra for the wets. definitely a boat in many conditions

the Supra performed flawlessly on the wet drift day we had. lots of grip, factory LSD worked pretty good, had some difficulty with right hand turns, really had to throw it. E brake was phenomenal, best one ive ever used. plenty of power, just the right amount of slip. fixed the heat the day before so that was helpful. rear defrost does not work, and the quarter glass fogs up quite a bit and the factory mirrors i can not see out of for ****, those are my only gripes thus far. my seat broke mid drift on a few occasions, the corner by the center console popped out and seems to be missing a locking ring, minor things for such a great stock seat, very impressed. Im used to park bench seats and flat pads in all of my other cars, these p type seats are an amazing stock seat, i must say. i was very comfortable all day long, and so were my passengers.

i think i have the all the pieces ordered for my exhaust. hope to get to it this week and start working on it. most excite.

onto the pictures!

got some pics from the yachting expedition this past weekend.

Photos courtesy of Justin Robert:

took the hood off today to start removing unnecessary parts. removed the AC completely, minus the under dash pieces. cruise control, coolant vacuum bullocks, charcoal cansiter, the strange vacuum thing that looks like a fuel filter thing, ran the car while i was pulling stuff off to make sure it runs. took the markers and signals out and the sidemarkers disintegrated... some lights needed replacing, and the factory fogs, id like to make them yellow and on a switch would be dope for all the fog we get up here. took off the splash sheilds for the motor and wheel wells to get a good look at everything. interesting how the P Type flares are bolted and factory rolled. most cool. really liking this car, interestingly put together. fit my zenki lip for the s13 quickly, so ima clean that up and paint it and put that on when i lower the car. might be able to start this exhaust this weekend. excite

how is the 5mge for oil leaks? the spark plug valley and valve covers seem pretty clean!

sidemarkers disintegrated
    My fronts did that too. Ordered new ones from Toyota because all the ones at the wreckers are hooped.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

i did a quick pressure wash of the engine bay, so its a bid cleaner. theres leaks everywhere i see. well....damp? i need to pressure wash again and see where the source(s) are

i dont even understand how the sidemarkers attach..they make no sense to me