Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost, but not Forgotten. Cressidas, the always in project stage, project

whoop cressida things. not much at all. bolts here, things there. doing the fuel lines right now and sorting intake side out. oil cooler on way, then intake side comes closer and closer together.

waka flocka

took the interior out to get the seat area ready for some rails for the recaro. also removed the condensor from the cooling unit inside for a total AC delete. put the dash back together and that was that.
    removed the stock exhaust manifold, the 5M and 7M are identical. ports are the same to the head, and the 6-2 collector is MAYBE 1/8inch wider, but everything lines up fine, there is no benefit to using a 7MGE manifold on the 5MGE. a local guy may have an aftermarket manifold i may pick up if it works, hoping its a pacesetter or something along those lines. won't start the exhaust til i know more about it and if i use it.
    tidied up the fuel vapour tube as well. removed the lose stereo wires . general tidy today.
    removed the PS rack as well, ready to be de powered tomorrow then that can go back in.

going to sort out those ugly coolant tubes with new coolant lines once i do the koyo up front, can't stand them, very gross.
    whole engine bay needs a solid de greasing

it took me three or four cans of degreaser and a few hours with the hose and a brush to degrease my engine bay. get something plastic with long scrubby bits, it'll get into the crevices without removing paint.

having all that ps fluid on the rag as i cleaned up really cleaned the engine bay hahaha. the motor is just so oily and puking oil out of a lot of its orifices. rear main is the worst.
    sadly its a job that should be done to take the motor and tranny out and re seal everything that turns into a huge job. clutch is still holding and i check the oil and it doesnt seem to eat/puke out oil enough for me to worry too much about it. perhaps in the summer ill pull the motor out..or after the cressida cause i dont have much depth in my shop to pull a motor and have it sit in front or anywhere.

bled the clutch today. found that the 93 celica gts clutch master works with a charm with my MKII pedal assembly. put a Z32 speed bleeder on the clutch slave, bled all that gross black **** out. no leaks there, actually has pedal feel! moves the clutch fork too! got excited about that so i did all the fuel lines/ ran them all, modded that bracket from the supra to hold the fuel pressure gauge. then ran the lines. all thats left for intake side is oil cooler/sandwich/new center piece, then PS bracket to hold the pump better, and shave the intake manifold of all the non needed bits, then i think thats it? other than exhaust stuff to get it to run and move under its own power again. then theres a huge list for the inside as well, but it will be nice to move the car around.

Where can one buy speed bleeders? I've always wanted to try them out.

Good work Chris. Car's are really coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by pitobread View Post
    I saw this guy eat a whole bag of Jalape?o cheezits in one sitting. After that moment I would trust him with my life.
    1982 Toyota Hilux Pickup- Daily
    1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon- Track car

OOOo lookit all that progress. Stoked to see the cress on the road... Buuut the MA60 is so simple it's exciting (I'd love to help prep/ paint it this spring/summer if that's gonna go down)
    Also, forward facing mani for the 5m?
    If there's one thing I've learned from the first two thirds of the MC Hammer Biography, it's that money never runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    OOOo lookit all that progress. Stoked to see the cress on the road... Buuut the MA60 is so simple it's exciting (I'd love to help prep/ paint it this spring/summer if that's gonna go down)
    Also, forward facing mani for the 5m?
    if i can paint things, i might. it needs to be torn apart and get all the rust to make any of it worth while. wheels are on their way, coilovers will be bought shortly. then drive drive drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbskee View Post
    Where can one buy speed bleeders? I've always wanted to try them out.

Good work Chris. Car's are really coming along.
    thansk dude. russell makes them, lordco sells them. i might be the sole buyer of said things hahaha. since i work by myself, this works fantastically

been up to a few things with this space ship. i fully de powered the rack with a friend of mine last week or so. cleaned it up, took all the seals out, greased everything. Friend of mine at BC Works made me some rack spacers, i think 6.1mm? lots of thread engagement and red locktite, like i run on my s13. got the stainless steel lines and fitting today and put them in. currently missing 2 fittings that didnt get shipped in with the rest of the stuff
    ive been putting together an exhaust for it as well, i think almost all magnaflow bits and pieces. this is my first full exhaust ive done by myself. First time tigging stainless, only done minor aluminum welding and built my welding cart. some success, some learns, many holes. i hope to finish the exhaust next weekend, maybe if im lucky, do my seat rails too. once thats done, going to put it all back together and go for a shake down. then start on the forward facing intake, do some cam cover painting and then do a track day or two in between. going to get some serial nine coilovers asap as well. should be a fun year with this thing.

Cool beaners
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

broke my phone so no pics. rack is together and in. has urethane bushings now. stainless brake lines are done and bleed. went through an entire big container of brake fluid getting all the varish looking crud out. took the res off to clean that as well. put the engine bay back together; manifold and gasket are back on and the air cleaner box and that was it. put the fog lights and corner markers and grill in. mocked up the s13 zenki lip up there, just needs to be painted and stuff so it looks half decent. warren came over and helped to make the exhaust. lookin fresh. about halfway done that? or whatever. gotta get metal for seat rails, or ill make do with what i have and stuff...**** those things take an entire day to make. dont like it.

been a LONG weekend. Just finished the exhaust today. sounds quiet at idle and roars with throttle. VERY sturdy, like, no give. most dope. test fit the 326 wing for giggles while taking a break from cutting and welding. i didnt want the tips sticking out too much, so i opted to leave them recessed a bit, looks more subtle and less rediculous. just gotta adjust toe up front, bolt the seats in and give it a wash then put the hood back on for the time being and then go test drive it and see what else it needs in the short term. Corolla has to go inside to fix the flex pipe section that leaks constantly, and i need to put the new thermostat in as the temps are between 50-60C 'at temp'. oil cooler got here and i hope this week ill be able to grab the threaded bit to bolt the sandwich to the block and then the filter. all the things happening.

the most ghetto of all building of things

ALSO

built this jobbie yesterday too. from left overs from the tire rack and whatever i had lying around. all the big stuff went outside
    KEEEN

326 wing? Can I polish the paint on this thing next time I see y'all?
    If there's one thing I've learned from the first two thirds of the MC Hammer Biography, it's that money never runs out.

lettuce polish the rust. so many rust. i was looking at some MKIIs in japan and some had some wild things going on, but had like stock lips. i had that wing kicking about and i wanna see what it looks like on there. ultra wild for this car. looks totally out of place. i will see again when i got the coils in and dump it on guts with the wats

If you took off the hatch spoiler and left the 326 wing..

Money
    My corolla is cooler then yours

drift practice this past saturday. car performed well, in the rain. in the dry the diff does not lock at all. needs new tie rods, both are heavily worn. needs an alignment as well. Needs a Weir rebuild kit and diff and subframe bushings as well, rear end clunks as i ebrake hard.

manual rack performed just like the power rack, minus the weight. just low speed turns like parellel parking is a nuisance, but whatever. fantastic. raptor racing urethance bushings felt good as well. hard to get a total feeling with the tie rods being so worn and alignment so ****.

short term non money items is to build the rails for the recaro, put interior back in, tie rods and alignment. then do the diff situation and drop the entire rear end out to do the diff and subframe bushings. hopefully in that time the wheels show up so i can at least make it look a little better in the mean time.

some pics from a guy named James White:

look at that damn body roll, HILARIOUS!

visean is offline Yo, troubled night in the John
    It's a sweet car! Thanks for taking me around the track in it!
    Good photos too.

too bad it wasnt raining hard when you went, cause it blows when its dry, or semi dry

Rolla's wheels fit, all held air. All at 40psi when I got there this afternoon. Welded the exhaust closed, still not great but its much better. I wanna replace the whole pipe as the cat is quite rusty and I’d have needed new gaskets. Replaced the thermostat as well, no leaks, gets up to temp now and it gets real hot inside the cabin. S13 is now in the air ready for subframe swap. The advans DO clear the coils on the cressida with no spacer so that’s dooooope. Make a template for the recaro to go into the supra. Has an inch adjustment front to back so maybe shorter drivers might be able to push it forward enough? Due to the seat design the rear but can only really have 2 holes for butt placement but that’s should be good. Plasma attack that soon and then recaro can be finished and interior put back in. Then tie rods and an alignment. On the way hone from shawnigan, while still in shawnigan it snowed, ended up looping the car at like 55. Was chill. No one around. I needed to see how bad just front snows were.. Ima get a full set of snows for next year

all of the toyotas

Just a thought, but in the case of a crash, aren't you a little worried the seat will slide forward with that bracket design?