Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Lost, but not Forgotten. Cressidas, the always in project stage, project

could also use a totally cool and useless octopus manifold to fill the space as well haha. it doesnt make sense to turbo the car...in my hands anyways. because as warren said, i have 2 turbo cars already. the supra was bought to be a simple car, like a s13 with a ka24de motor, simple, torquey, fun and stuff..the simple things...but not being an s13 cause i have one already.

just plan to have the suspension solid and do a tune up on the motor...if anything id make it a 6M...but even then id be wasting my time due to how inefficient these motors are.

i figure, one step at a time. wheels get here in a few weeks and i hope to have the car sorted by the time theyre here.

Just dry shot nitrous. Easy.

K I'll stop.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

dat rake though. its seriously hilarious in person, doesn't photograph well. but MAN what a low car can do for the spirit.

this thing is stupid low. i put it as low as i could to see the potential. bonk achieved. max camber/castor. re greased wheel bearings. t3 (barf) RCAs. would really like to see the difference between supra and corolla, i think they're offset?

tightened the bolts on my exhaust, most were loose :/ gotta weld the manifold as well as it has a crack.

this weekend i hope to do the rear and if i can, weld the diff and put that in as well...wishful thinking.

did stainless lines a while ago, gonna rebleed the brakes and clutch. looks like passenger side rotor is dirtier than the driver side, maybe my piston isnt fully disengaging..need to do a lot of testing in the coming weeks so i can daily it.

got new tie rods, need boots cause the old tie rods will not come apart. need to tighten the rack up as well, i may have dislodged it a bit when taking the tie rods off.

coming up milhouse?

dropped the rear shocks and springs out this weekend. the rear will prove not so easy. the bottom just need a bushing made to fill the gap between the s13's large shank and the supras TINY tube for rear shock. the top is the issue. either use the single plate for spring containment and mod the chassis to accommodate the larger body, or do the same and cut the top off and make a plate for the oem s13 mounting..in which case i may just raise the tower a bit for more travel and low low belly scrapes. the upper shock mount has a secondary piece of metal spot welded in for strength and also prevents the coilover from seating so a bunch of metal must get out of the way.

dropping diff this wednesday and going to not weld the 4.3 currently and try new fluid from redline NS on the recommendation of Joelo and see how it locks up in the dry. if it sucks ill drop it back out and weld it. it looks really clean inside..figure ill take a chance with it. the 3.7 in the rear right now is a tired unit, so im going to crack it open and see if it looks similar or what condition it is in.

should be an interesting week. Id like to make our local All Japan Car Show this year, havent had a car in it in 3? years?

this was the last time i had a car in there:

i got the 4.3 in today. the old 3.7 was definetely tired. i popped the case open and it was NOT tight what so ever. the plates and springs were all moving about and stuff. the 4.3 was super tight, and with the redline NS id imagine she will be clunky and hopefully working in the dry and all weather situations. put new hardware on there and sealed it up. was fairly straight forward and sort of easy? the only dumb thing is the 82's external fuel pump and that toyota decided to put the pump and associated bracket over top of the top shank locked bolt, which requires the fuel pump and bracket to be moved. so i modded the bracket to allow the shank to slip out without having to do that next time.

the bushings are toast in the subframe, so i hope to drop it out over the winter with BC Works and get it sporty.

next and final task is to cut up the plates for the coilovers and BC Works is making me a bushing to convert the s13 coilover to supras much tinier shanks. the plates are traced up and ready to be plasma'd out, then make a hole in the strut tower and cut it down a seam and push them wide out, tack plate in, weld in new metal and fit and stuff.

so many things

visean is offline Yo, troubled night in the John
    Nice. The 4.3 should really liven it up. That rake doe.

I'm never worried when it comes to stance and the Axe of Battles. It's only gonna be a matter of time

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Chris, post your 3.7 on the Celica Supra forums and live like a King. Old Supra money is burning a hole in vintage people's pockets. The elderly members like to operate at low RPM's and don't mind paying for it.
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

a change of wood for the supra, and a quick release.

the rear i hope to tackle most of it or all of it? this weekend. gunna put the s13 top hats on and the helper springs in, should determine max lowness with full shock travel. front is as low as it can go with spring seated and snug. could potentially go lower if i drilled out the bottom of the knuckle to allow the adjustment knob to go down further. but im happy with it currently. wheels should be here in a week or two. got some defi's for gauges, couldnt pass them up so i have a spare greddy water temp gauge now. might put it in the truck and see if its different than the current temp gauge.

need to slot the seat rails when life settles down a bit then i can finish the rails and put the recaro in and then paint the rails and put the interior back in finally and tidy this car up.

im thinking about keeping the 3.7 currently quinn, ill put it for sale and ask moneys for it when the time comes. It needs a rebuild 100%, the springs are loose and nothing is tight in there...it also had a rubber plug for the fill hole...

Last edited by battleaxe; 06-05-2014 at 11:38 PM.

LOL

and one of the few pictures of my s13 i love

Tidied up some bull**** wiring..still a mess but the entire harness needs to be re done. Popped the pan off to take out the dent and then re seal?it was factory sealed by the looks of it. Put fenders on so it sorta looks like a car again. This weekend gunna put the pan on and start to tighten everything, cause everything is loose. Also got OEM pulleys. Siiick

so much wiring mess in front of that fuse box.... hate it so much...

now THAT is what i call a pick up...****ing Nissan could learn a couple things. HUGE pick up, fine mesh..also big ass pan thats thick. SR pick up looks like a penis head with a TINYopening to get oil into and then a not so fine mesh which is recessed up high... maybe if my SR pick up had some more surface area...or at least perferated holes to get more oil?

**** I love that intake manifold on the 5mge, looks so baller.

interesting strut tower mod too. I really wish toyota did a dual bolt style like the S13 from factory for the MA61/MX73

Woah. Hold on just a ****ing minute. Woah.

RETIRED

Yes yes yes yes yes yes

apparently silver is silver with machined lip. metallic silver, is whole wheel silver... its ok though

Who did you buy from?

RETIRED

nice wheel choice!!

do you get the mad toe in and camber on the rear like my Z31 does with the semi trailing arm susp setup and being low?
    80's steeeeez/ High Rolla Motorsports
    1981 TE72 Ministock(the monty-rolla, Built 3tc, big cam, custom suspension ), 1982 TE72 2 door(11:1 3tc, shadbolt cam, fully balanced), 86 300zx Turbo

Chris has a buddy in Japan. He got us a few sets from the factory. And boy are they ****ty wheels.
    BCWORKS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nate-dogg.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	13326

Ayyyy. Those Watanabes are sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    i like to go into lordco and just yell into the mufflers they have in stock until i find one that tickles my fancy
    Wisdom from NeptuneD on choosing mufflers for exhaust note