Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Lost, but not Forgotten. Cressidas, the always in project stage, project

I'll be the naysayer and talk about how ugly those banana wheels are. Sorry can't help it. Nice sizes though.

Those aren't bananas. They are penises about to bukkake the centercap.

I like them.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    Chris has a buddy in Japan. He got us a few sets from the factory. And boy are they ****ty wheels.
    Wait, is this sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by levintate View Post
    nice wheel choice!!

do you get the mad toe in and camber on the rear like my Z31 does with the semi trailing arm susp setup and being low?
    i havent finished the rear and put it on the ground yet. supras get REALLY heavy in the camber department once lowered...even from factory mine was gnarly. im going to get it aligned once im done and see the final figure. id like to tuck 15s. would be rad. theres a 'camber kit' thats sold on the internet...a couple elongated holes to be welded to the subframe to raise the arm to bring back out the camber. the kits sells for a rediculous 400 ish bucks and its a couple washers...

im convinced watanabes are ground down out of stone. im sure theyre using the same mold from the 20s or something. i do like them a lot, but the msrp that sites say are ludicrous. that being said, warren and i wanna get some 10.5s hahaha.

the rest of the wheels showed up today as well, so ill have some pics of tires mounts and on the supra front at least to get an idea of where im at with this thing. going to be working on the cressida this weekend and tidy up the shop. gunna mount tires mid week next week

theres a 'camber kit' thats sold on the internet...a couple elongated holes to be welded to the subframe to raise the arm to bring back out the camber. the kits sells for a rediculous 400 ish bucks and its a couple washers...
    I bought a similar camber kit, but it was only like $100 or something. Cheaper than my time to make it. I have to customize it though to make it have more range.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

ill address the camber and subframe bushings after the winter, unless the bushings break..which is possible. i need to drive it around and see how it handles and stuff, and how the wats fit the p types. im sure the camber will be around -5 and more in the butt. i have little left to do after this becomes a car again, do longer lca and knuckles, tie rods should be longer enough then fix rust and paint some time. not sure what else to do for aesthetics. needs a front valance of some wildness i think, to match the wheels aggression

did some test fitting today.
    not very accurate, but gives a rough idea for where the wheels will sit.

15x7 -2

14x7 +0

15x8 +11

15x9 -13

this is the rear, with no shock, full compression. id like to tuck 15s ideally. see how it looks..or if it will be able to go this low

tightened up everything on the intake side. took the pan off, hammered the dent out and re sealed it.
    fuel is all tight, intake manifold is all on and tight. PS is on but the lines arent tight yet. i think that oem pulley is slightly bent, i have an un bent one. PS needs a bracket made to keep it sturdy, oem uses the AC condenser to mount on the bottom to keep it sturdy.
    need to order the idler pulley and tensioner for the timing belt, then the belt can be done and put the ATI pulley on as well. then its a matter of putting the rad in and make some brackets, put the clutch fan in and mock the shroud up get that all buttoned up. run the harness and then the mass amount of fab work to get the single nice and tidy. then its a few odds and ends and start it up? im hoping for august to have it good to go... gotta get it tuned then do the S9 rear arm set and diff and subframe bushings and put my KAAZ in as well..then do some skids

the corolla kicked over 325k kms

sticker bombed the supra and my pick up

Fresh
    SpeedHero

Spirit of the Street, King of Sport

in progress. see how she goes this weekend.

towers in the midst of welding. bent up a new plate to fold around em

drop pick up, it was braced and gussetted after, this was first mock up to make sure it was all good. BC Works Warren made that nifty piece
    its an inch lower than oem pick up

full droop

with weight. theres lots of travel up inside and the arm still isnt touching. currently touches the mount where the bump stop attaches. if needed, ill cut that out too. see how it drives

ordered timing and shifter bits for cressida. should be able to progress with that soon too

that's lowwwww

any plans on addressing the extreme camber or are you just going to love it?

i will probably have to address it as static in the air is 7+ by the looks of things. the last batch of mods for it are to drop the subframe and do diff and subframe bushings and then probably make adjustable plates for camber. i dont care too much about the camber, just concerned with the axles...there arent a ton of these cars around

Adjustable plates for camber?

You mean adjustable control arm mounts on the subframe? I bought a weld on adjustable camber kit because I didn't want to waste the time piecing together a setup myself. I need to mod it to dial out more camber still though. My MK2 isn't very low. I tuck a bit of fat 15" tire at ride height. Tucking up the 3" exhaust is the biggest limit to my lowness.

Where is this build happening? I'm heading down to Victoria this weekend for my sisters wedding in the 1JZ car. I'd like to check this beauty out.
    Last edited by clay72; 07-09-2014 at 09:46 AM.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

zomgg can't wait to see this on the ground. always love your retarded **** chris <3

Quote Originally Posted by 3184life View Post
    Wait, is this sarcasm?
    100% shirty, casting doesn't line up with machining. They are crap wheels just iconic.

-10 camber is chill when you have a 90hp 5m and want to do maad skids.
    BCWORKS

Shop is in shawnigan. Live in vic. Warren and I should be working on it this weekend? If u wanna pop in clay

Quote Originally Posted by clay72 View Post
    So I've thought of something that sounds like this, No idea if this is what he wants to do though: I'd create a wedge shaped spacer that goes between the control arm and the hub bearing.

Or I'd probably use washers on the top two bolts or something. I've heard the camber kit binds, is that true in your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by clay72 View Post

You mean adjustable control arm mounts on the subframe? I bought a weld on adjustable camber kit because I didn't want to waste the time piecing together a setup myself. I need to mod it to dial out more camber still though. My MK2 isn't very low. I tuck a bit of fat 15" tire at ride height. Tucking up the 3" exhaust is the biggest limit to my lowness.

Where is this build happening? I'm heading down to Victoria this weekend for my sisters wedding in the 1JZ car. I'd like to check this beauty out.
    the same idea as the plate kits available. i havent turned my attention to that yet. Kevin at S9 was developing an adjustable LCA but got to be a huge project as he wanted to upgrade to a 8inch diff as well, so the plan was scrapped, or put on back burner. Plus theres next to no interest in people modifying MKIIs and X7s.

I too have a 3inch exhaust, i tucked it up as high as it can possibly go, without going to oval pipe. it sits snug to the chassis and i have urethane hnagers that dont allow much give, so theres no droop. if i had a flat tire, i think id still be ok...which is the 'legal' reason for too low cars...even still.

if all the stars align, i hope to drive it next week after doing a shake down hopefully this weekend. gotta finish welding the towers tomorrow night then warren is making some bushings and finish the drop pick ups then take it for a test drive...see how that goes...if at all. i remain optimistic.

i have to disassemble one if the 7inc volks as it is leaking at the face once i do that ill be running the volks for the time being until the wats have tires on them.

I'm thinking next stage for my car is to build a custom subframe for a Ford 8.8 and tubular semi-trailing arms with Heims and lots of adjustability.

Some day. It's just a street car though.
    1JZ 1984 Celica GTS
    1UZ 1981 Corolla sedan
    ? 1972 Celica race car

Pm me if u wanna meet up clay,would love to check out your car too