Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Funny adventures in electrical engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    No, I wasn't clear. The ecu is a 94 (maybe?) SC400 part. I have modified it in a manner similar to tuned MKIII supra ecus, but with parts I built myself.

So definitely what I've done can be done to an SC400, my car thinks it's a SC400 anyways. The LS400 PCM is basically the same and would accept the same modification.

Now I haven't looked at a '99, and it may be drastically different, but I'm always up for some hacking.

The pic's that disco_cat posted on 1-14-2016 is exactly what my 1999 SC400 ECU looks like same PCB number..
    Im not sure if his pic was from a sc400 or a similar car.. I can take some pics of the ECU and send them to you..
    I like the YouTube link you send on the throttle conversion kit.. thats what I was thinking to make.. could not tell
    if they have one for the 1UZFE tho...

Any updates here guys? Very interesting thread.

8-bit ecus seem to have been cracked locally to me
    16-bit ones might be supported in future
    Having personally tested Tom's ecu for 1uz-fe vvti I can't see too many reasons one might want it, or equivalent solution

I have a mild cams, ITBs on OEM computer and fuel signal interceptor < this is non-vvti 1UZ.

Adjusting timing/fuel tables that others have spoke of would be excellent; speed cut is a plus and does away with jagging another aftermarket component onto the loom somewhere.

Personally I'm hoping someone breaks outs the non-vvti computer and adds a multiplexer to run individual coil packs sequentially.

Quote Originally Posted by UZ_Swap View Post
    I have a mild cams, ITBs on OEM computer and fuel signal interceptor < this is non-vvti 1UZ.

Adjusting timing/fuel tables that others have spoke of would be excellent; speed cut is a plus and does away with jagging another aftermarket component onto the loom somewhere.

Personally I'm hoping someone breaks outs the non-vvti computer and adds a multiplexer to run individual coil packs sequentially.
    cheap standalone like the MS would be cheaper and more efficient

Quote Originally Posted by UZ_Swap View Post
    That's not hard to do at all on my setup, just some code and a few extra pins on the cpld, plus 8 FET drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by disco_cat View Post
    cheap standalone like the MS would be cheaper and more efficient
    Hell yes it would.